Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 20, 2014, 07:28:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Turbo HELP needed please  (Read 3551 times)
ArtGill

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2007, 07:12:25 PM »

I had an EXPERIECE with my DDEC 2 on the way home from Arcidia.  Two injectors and 2K$ later they found a the plug loose on the DDEC that feeds the injectors and I think the boast preasure sensor is in the same plug.  If the DDEC doesn't see boast preasure it will limit the amount of fuel that the injectors can feed the engine.  The injector can be checked with the handheld reader that most diesel truck shops have.  Pay to have it checked with the handheld and then make the decision to take it home and do it yourself or have a shop of your choice do what is needed.  Just make sure they have a two cycle experienced mechnic.  The Fort Pierce DD only had one.

Wish you luck and please let us know what you find.

Art

Art & Cheryll Gill
Morehead City, NC
1989 Eagle Model 20 NJT, 6v92ta
homermandy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2007, 10:15:38 AM »

Thanks. I saw your Arcadia story a while back. Very interesting.The local DD service facility estimates 3-5hours of labor + parts, so I'd be looking at $500-$800 bill. So, I think I will look a little more at the wiring and then pull the injector myself to take in for testing.  Any hints on removing the injector? I have jakes installed and it looks like some hardware sits over the injector area. I just want to make sure I don't need to worry about anything major when I remove the injector. Thanks

1991 Eagle 15
homermandy

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2007, 03:06:07 PM »

Anyone near Dayton or Cincinnati Ohio who wants to take on the job:) Willing to pay market rate. Thanks

1991 Eagle 15
homermandy

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2007, 04:12:14 PM »

OMG. I found the problem. I am posting a pic of it. I think it is called a pushrod which has snapped. It looks like it connects to the arm which controls the injector. How do I replace the pushrod? Simple procedure?

1991 Eagle 15
NJT 5573

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2007, 08:06:12 PM »

Homer, Yes its not to hard to change the push tube. I do no have expertise with your engine but in general this is what to do. Get the broken push tube out, hopefully you don't have to remove the pan. Determine what tube is going to be replaced, intake, exhaust, injector. Use your engine number to get the proper replacement part. I don't know how your timing marks are read or where they are located, so get a book and find out.  Learn the firing order and roll the engine over by hand. When each cylinder reaches top dead center the valves will be closed. (You can feel clearance on both intake and exhaust valves by wiggiling them). Roll the engine thru and just follow the overhead thru the firing order until you come to the hole that needs a new push tube. Seat the new tube on the cam follower and adjust the clearance to DD specs, lock the jam nut, recheck the clearance and put it back togather. Something caused your problem. Is the jam nut loose? Is the Jake set to the proper clearance? This should not have happened with only 2000 miles on a rebuild so you are going to have to check all the valves, check all the jam nuts, and check all the jakes for proper adjustment before you pass the next DD shop at 75 MPH!

"Ammo Warrior" Keepers Of The Peace, Creators Of Destruction.
Gold is the money of Kings, Silver is the money of Gentlemen, Barter is the money of Peasants, Debt is the money of Slaves.

$1M in $1000 bills = 8 inches high.
$1B in $1000 bills = 800 feet high.
$1T in $1000 bills = 142 miles high
Dallas

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2007, 03:10:40 AM »

Not to worry about intake valves on a 92 series-- there ain't none!  Wink
NJT 5573

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2007, 09:42:02 PM »

Well, I got some for sale! If you want the bridge, I''ll give them to you.

Gold is the money of Kings, Silver is the money of Gentlemen, Barter is the money of Peasants, Debt is the money of Slaves.

homermandy

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2007, 08:33:50 AM »

Since the threaded portion of the rod is gone, it looks like the tool to compress the spring cannot be used. Any hints on how to compress the spring to remove the retaining clip? Thanks

1991 Eagle 15
NJT 5573

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2007, 08:18:40 PM »

Homer, I think you mean the valve spring. If you roll the engine over until the damaged hole is at top dead center you should have clearance.

homermandy

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2007, 07:33:28 AM »

Actually I mean the pushrod itself. It is broken on the shaft. I need to compress the spring in the tube that the pushrod for the injector sits in. The GM tool is like a socket and it slides over the rod, a washer and nut are put on and it it tightened on the rod to compress the spring in the hold. Since the thread is gone, I need to find another way to compress the spring in the hole. It is stout, so I am thinking a hand jack wedged in the engine area compressing a small rod so I can remove the lock ring.

1991 Eagle 15
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2007, 09:06:17 AM »

Hello hm.

With only 2000 miles on it, I'd have a try at the shop that did the work and see if they'll make good.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
homermandy

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2007, 10:07:04 AM »

Problem is I had the work done in Nashville and live in Ohio and it was over 1 year ago(I know, I didn't drive it much last year:)

1991 Eagle 15
Sammy

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2007, 01:17:26 PM »

Joe,  Bigger item to consider - why did it break?
Don't want it to happen again - seized injector?, rocker arm seized to shaft?, etc.
Jakes should come off, rocker arms,shaft and bolts too.
If you can get the cam follower out, I'd install a new cam follower,spring,pushrod,rocker arm,etc.
Inspect camshaft lobe once follower is out. Look at lobe and have someone bar the engine over very SLOWLY, so you can check the cam lobe.
Yes, it's a bit of work and critical procedures must be followed to make a positive repair.
Call the guy that did your rebuild. Maybe he'll work with you if a reputable shop takes a look at it for you.
Best of luck with your repair.
Sammy  Cool

NJT 5573

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2007, 06:48:10 PM »

Homer, How about a piece of wood and a big screwdriver. Would a long socket slip over it for an extension?

homermandy

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2007, 05:52:47 AM »

Well, I broke down and am taking to a local DD service center. They have a few 2 stroke guys in house. I take it in Tuesday morning and will keep you posted. Thanks

1991 Eagle 15
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: