Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 30, 2014, 11:07:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Generator to cord switching?  (Read 1762 times)
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 08:50:45 PM »

The only nice thing about using manual plugs is that you won't drive off with the cord still attached, Or at least might do it
only once. Cheesy

I have a 50 amp plug for the generator. Once on the end of my main land line cable and one that is fixed on the main feed plug to the first 6 position breaker panel.

The first panel has breakers for incoming power, water heater, bay power and both roof airs. The last position is the breaker
that feeds the Inverter ( 30 amp ), From there the inverter is a Heart with the pass through. It feeds a 12 position panel
wired for 120 volts only on both sides. Everything inside including outlets and lighting is powered via the Inverter/Pass Through.

So when I have Generator or Shore power I have A/C and Hot water. If I have neither, I have 3,000 watts available for everything inside.

I opted for doing connectors on both ends of my 50 foot shore cables. ( 50 amp) and have a second shore cable which is only 3o feet long. I can daisy chain them toegther or go to my back bay to my 50 amp buddy plug and run from there to my trailer which is also generator equipped @ 50 amps. It can be set to feed the trailer or the bus depending on which cable is plugged in to where.

That happened at Arcadia when my Onan diesel puked a fuel pump so I swapped cables and drew power from the trailer until I got another fuel pump for the Onan. It sure was quiet in the bus with the generator located 25 feet behind it.

The only thing I do is push the female connector up through the hole in the bottom of the bay.

Sometimes I don't even take the cables with me if I am going to be on generator or dry camp with the battery system.
( brain farts also are another excuse! ).....

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: