Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 29, 2014, 09:02:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Generator to cord switching?  (Read 1706 times)
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 08:50:45 PM »

The only nice thing about using manual plugs is that you won't drive off with the cord still attached, Or at least might do it
only once. Cheesy

I have a 50 amp plug for the generator. Once on the end of my main land line cable and one that is fixed on the main feed plug to the first 6 position breaker panel.

The first panel has breakers for incoming power, water heater, bay power and both roof airs. The last position is the breaker
that feeds the Inverter ( 30 amp ), From there the inverter is a Heart with the pass through. It feeds a 12 position panel
wired for 120 volts only on both sides. Everything inside including outlets and lighting is powered via the Inverter/Pass Through.

So when I have Generator or Shore power I have A/C and Hot water. If I have neither, I have 3,000 watts available for everything inside.

I opted for doing connectors on both ends of my 50 foot shore cables. ( 50 amp) and have a second shore cable which is only 3o feet long. I can daisy chain them toegther or go to my back bay to my 50 amp buddy plug and run from there to my trailer which is also generator equipped @ 50 amps. It can be set to feed the trailer or the bus depending on which cable is plugged in to where.

That happened at Arcadia when my Onan diesel puked a fuel pump so I swapped cables and drew power from the trailer until I got another fuel pump for the Onan. It sure was quiet in the bus with the generator located 25 feet behind it.

The only thing I do is push the female connector up through the hole in the bottom of the bay.

Sometimes I don't even take the cables with me if I am going to be on generator or dry camp with the battery system.
( brain farts also are another excuse! ).....

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: