Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 19, 2014, 02:54:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you make of this?  (Read 1119 times)
trey

Ignore
« on: April 18, 2007, 01:01:21 PM »

twice since we've owned the bus, the "DO NOT SHIFT" light has come on and the bus wouldnt get any speed and wouldnt shift out of drive.. I checked the fluid, it was low, i filled it and we drove off fine with it working. that was like a month and a half ago and we've had no problems since. until yesturday I started it up and the buttons you push to shift R-N-D-2 by the seat, well the red lights wer'nt lit up and when i pushed them nothing would happen.. so i checked the transmission fluid and it looked like it might have been a little low so i filled it, turned off and restarted the bus. The shifting light kindof came on. the red light was blinking a little bit and the DO NOT SHIFT light was on.When the lights we a little brighter and it let me shift, it shifted into drive and i thought it was alright. I drove it to the tire place with the very resricted speed and it not shifting out of drive. The Drive light was lit up but it sounded like it was running in 1st or 2nd. (i pulled over to try to put in neutral but it wouldnt shift) i turned the bus off for the guys to fix the tire and when i turned it back on it shifted normal. does any of this mess make sense to anybody?
trey 

i forgot to mention, in neutral the bus feels fine. when i push the drive button the bus does this chug jolt thing every second or two we're sitting still.. sometimes when driving, after reaching about 50mph, the entire bus will shutter violently.. forgot to say that earlier.. thanks again
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 05:55:42 PM by trey » Logged
busguy01

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 01:32:29 PM »

I have a different set up but a similar problem. Traced it to the on switch. Didn't always power up the transmission as it should -- had to wiggle it to getit to work. Try that and let us know.
JimH

Started with nothing - still have most of it left!
1963 Eagle 01 with Detroit 60 series done (Gone-sold!)
MCI EL3 in progress. raised roof & Slides
2009 Revolution 42 Sticks and staple
Summer - Yankton, South Dakota
Winter- Port St Lucie, Florida
Torquester

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 03:22:52 PM »

Yup, sounds like low voltage. The best way to trace a problem like that is measuring voltage drop at each connection.

Tq

Torquester
1974 Silver Eagle, 3406 Caterpillar, South Dakota
muddog16
Example is more powerful than reproach. ~Aesop

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 12:06:00 AM »

Sounds like their might be a short in the wiring the way you describe your problem!

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

http://prevostlemirage.blogspot.com/
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 06:30:31 AM »

I agree, do some forensic work on the wiring.

AND, better find out where the tranny fluid is disappearing to.

Both are in need of sorting out.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: