Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 28, 2014, 05:44:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is it?  (Read 1078 times)
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« on: April 19, 2007, 12:50:54 PM »

A       gets 31 responses and another asks a reasonable question and gets zero, says a lot for the board!!

Author Topic: modulator valve adjustment  (Read 76 times) 

luvrbus

modulator valve adjustment
on: April 13, 2007, 08:39:45 AM Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i installed a rebuilt 740 in my bus and my question is there any adjustment inside the modulator its self or is done with the cable its a mechanical modulator i just can not figure out the mechanical stop the book talks about is it on the cable or inside the modulator thanks 

« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 03:19:58 PM by Nick Badame Refrig. Co. » Logged

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 01:26:58 PM »

resonable question, sure.

but I dont have the answer.  Do you have the manul for the tranny?  that should have it
Stan

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 01:32:11 PM »

Same answer here. I think the adjustment is made on the cable at the governor end, But I don't have the manuals anymore.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 01:32:46 PM »

'Tis an interesting point you have made.

Speaking for myself, I didn't respond because all I could have suggested was to call Luke. But I figured he would have already known that tid-bit. There are darn few that know how to properly adjust a 740 & fewer still on this board. The closest I've been to a 740 was riding in a bus that had one.

As for the responses to the troll, lots were to expose it for what it was. Apparently there are more of us that are more knowledgeable in BS.  Grin

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 05:11:32 PM »

A       gets 31 responses and another asks a reasonable question and gets zero, says a lot for the board!!

Author Topic: modulator valve adjustment  (Read 76 times) 

luvrbus

modulator valve adjustment
on: April 13, 2007, 08:39:45 AM Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i installed a rebuilt 740 in my bus and my question is there any adjustment inside the modulator its self or is done with the cable its a mechanical modulator i just can not figure out the mechanical stop the book talks about is it on the cable or inside the modulator thanks 

Well, Lets see.. It's in the 740 manual, My guess is that you don't have one.?

Would you like me to find the page (if I can find the manual) and scan it for you?

The question about mechanical stop, Hmmm.. Oooopppssss.. Guess I should have read that again....

I will see what I can find if that will help....

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 02:55:23 PM »

Well, it's not funny, controversial, disgusting, or crude...

Pretty much out of my area of expertise Grin

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 08:58:09 AM »

It is most important to get full open position on the modulator.  If you hold open the gas pedal and adjust the transmission modulator to its fully open position, it should work right.  You can tell if the modulator is adjusted right if you get full rpm shifts when the pedal is floored, and at half throttle it shifts at a much lower rpm.  If the modulator is not opening fully, you'll get premature shifting (to low rpm) and your performance will be less.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: