Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 21, 2014, 03:13:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New to the board and love it here  (Read 3577 times)
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2006, 04:52:26 PM »

Chris,
   You should plan to attend Bussin' 2007 Bus Rally in Arcadia, Florida  from Friday, December 29 through Monday, January 1, 2007. In addition to 160-180 bus conversions, we have a pretty good group of pickers that get together a couple times a day. They play mostly country and bluegrass.

Phil,
  You shouild try to attend also.  Hopefully Gary LaBombard will bring his guitar this year. The more pickers, the better the jams.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2006, 08:13:31 PM »

I've heard about Bussin' USA in Florida!  Well, we seem to end up making a trip each year to Florida to buy a motorhome or a bus or another bus. . .guess maybe this next year, we'll come down to the rally instead!  Winter in Florida?  Who'd a thunk it!

I sure hate to miss Dallas' rally on the east coast, but we just can't swing getting away from work for that long again so soon.  It's been in the 90's already hear and for us hvac people, that means no rest for the wicked! Wink  We're short handed as usual, so we're running as fast as we can and getting behinder each day.

Sure hope we're having the Jersey Roundup in Missouri again this fall!  Even though there was a fairly small turnout last year, we had such a nice time and met so many great people!  Just think, instead of that darn old motorhome we drove last year, this year WE BE BUSSIN'! Grin 

Ok, you convinced me. . I'll let the hubby know where he's taking me for New Years! Wink  Leave a light on for us! Christy Hicks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2006, 08:50:25 PM »

Yeah Christy....you and Larry get down to Arcadia and I'll be there too!  I think.  That's assuming I can get that far in my bus.?   Roll Eyes  Seriously, you do it and I'll get down there.  Almost did it this year...but. Terri had plans already.   
I'll follow this.   I'd like to try the music scene...I'm a bass player.  I'll tell Terri that we'er going to a music festival! 
Dallas' happening would be an easy days drive for you.  For the most part.  As long as I 40s clear. 
Best, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2006, 04:51:05 AM »

Dallas' happening would be an easy days drive for you.  For the most part.  As long as I 40s clear.  

Um, well, actually, I mapped it and it was like 1200+ miles from here Cry.  We're getting too old for wild trips like that. . well, maybe not too old, just older and wiser. . .or lazier Wink  We used to do that in our early years, but then again, we didn't have the money for very many restaurant meals and hotel rooms for us and three boys. 

Now, we pretty much try not to drive more than three or four hours a day when on vacation, although occasionally we have to push it to reach a destination.  On the other hand, at the end of 23 hours driving, we'd be totally worthless Cheesy

We definitely will plan on doing the Florida thing though. . . we can leave the day after Christmas, as long as the weather holds.  My mom usually heads out for the Valley pretty quickly then anyway, so there's no reason we couldn't head on down and see everyone.  If we do so, we'll probably take a couple of weeks and cruise up the east coast at least a short distance.  If the weather's crappy, we could head west instead and stay warm as long as possible Grin.  Sounds like a plan to me.  Of course, I'll see you, JR, in Missouri in October. . right? Kiss

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Dallas

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2006, 05:18:28 AM »

It's OK Christy,
We (Sniffle, Sniffle) will forgive you this time for not showing up! Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
I also don't blame you for not driving hard everyday. After 27 years of driving truck, I don't have to go fast or far anymore.
If I do 200 miles in one day, I figure I worked hard enough and it's time to find a nice spot and enjoy a nap!
Maybe we'll see you in Florida!
Dallas

NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2006, 08:50:09 PM »

Um, well, actually, I mapped it and it was like 1200+ miles from here  Cheesy

Sounds like a plan to me.  Of course, I'll see you, JR, in Missouri in October. . right? Kiss

See...I told you an easy days drive.   I drove out to Hannibal, MO in an "easy days drive"....and then down to Sarcoxie and back to Hannibal for another "easy days drive"... and that'sa pretty good drive may I offer.
With fuel at $3 bucks a gallon, and Arcadia  about 1/3 the distance to Sarcoxie.....AND I saw bluegrass music jam in the new Bus Conversions Mag!  I can do that!  We're leaving this week to do a little "picking."  Want to leave on Wed late or early Thursday, so what's the weather man got?  Rain!  Cry
Really like to get to Fla in the winter again.    
We can discuss our options at Dallas' next week!  See you there!  JR Cool

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: