Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 02:18:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What happened to Chat Room indicator?  (Read 668 times)
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« on: April 28, 2007, 04:43:49 AM »

We used to be able to check and see who was in the Chat Room when we checked in.  Not only has the button not been replaced but now we can't tell if there is anyone in there.

Is this the forerunner to doing away with the Bus Garage?  I suspect that it might be.  Many of us have become close friends as a result of that room...it would be a shame to see it gone..but then there isn't a helluva lot we can do about it.

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 06:03:22 AM »

The loss of the chat room button is the result of server problems we have had and the reason Phil is making the change to a new server as we speak. It will definitely be back. Phil just did not have the time to fix it due to the other work getting ready for the change to this new board. Notice we now have a spell check button. I personally prefer the ieSpell package, but either one does a good job.
Richard

We used to be able to check and see who was in the Chat Room when we checked in.  Not only has the button not been replaced but now we can't tell if there is anyone in there.

Is this the forerunner to doing away with the Bus Garage?  I suspect that it might be.  Many of us have become close friends as a result of that room...it would be a shame to see it gone..but then there isn't a helluva lot we can do about it.

NCbob

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 08:47:18 AM »

Hi Bob,

Richard is correct- I will be adding that back in - e.g., who's online, etc...

There will be a few glitches over the next few days- but the extra work will be worth it !

Please continue to let us know when something needs to be corrected.

Thank you   Grin

Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 12:05:30 PM »

Thanks for the comeback, Phil....I guess I'm like many others who use the Board and the other amenities....
spoiled rotten!

I know progress has its' price and I'm sure you're doing everything possible to make this the best Board anywhere.  Keep up the good work and I'll try and be more patient.

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 01:35:35 PM »

Hey Bob, just above this post is the link for the chat room on a sticky topic.
This is what it looks like:

Chat Room Link!------- Click Here

Richard

Thanks for the comeback, Phil....I guess I'm like many others who use the Board and the other amenities....
spoiled rotten!

I know progress has its' price and I'm sure you're doing everything possible to make this the best Board anywhere.  Keep up the good work and I'll try and be more patient.

NCbob
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 01:39:39 PM by DrivingMissLazy » Logged

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: