Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 18, 2014, 10:19:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: another one for the bussless  (Read 1874 times)
tekebird

Ignore
« on: April 09, 2008, 10:37:05 AM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300214596485&rd=1

needs some cosmetic interior upgrades....but other than that looks great...and can't beat the price
hiwaycallin

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 11:36:06 AM »

That's weird, the last 5 pics in the ad are of a totally different bus.  Huh Not to mention the pic of the Future liner thrown in there for good measure.
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 12:48:26 PM »

That's weird, the last 5 pics in the ad are of a totally different bus.  Huh Not to mention the pic of the Future liner thrown in there for good measure.

The second line of the description says "(Other bus w/ Eagle murals in bottom photos is GM 4106 for sale seperately)"

I am however interested to see in the pictures of the second bus that it has a wind deflector thingy on the rear of the roof. Does anyone know of a company selling such things? It so happens I am just at the stage of thinking about a design for my new rear cap, and wondered about the wisdom of incorporating some kind of slot or foil to reduce the vacuum drag from the rear end. There are undoubtably large efficiency gains to be made, but I want to see more examples of existing designs for such devices before building something of my own.

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
Don4107

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 01:02:29 PM »

Jeremy,

You might want to take a look here:

http://www.airtab.com/

Looks interesting.

Don 4107

Don 4107 Eastern Washington
1975 MCI 5B
1966 GM PD 4107 for sale
1968 GMC Carpenter
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 02:47:01 PM »

I think the deflector has more to do with trying to keep the back of the bus clean than aerodynamics.

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Gary '79 5C

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 03:11:23 PM »

Len,
I must agree with you that an air foil will not do much to clean up the aerodymanics of a 96"X144" brick going down the highway.

I would like to know if the mirrors matched the color under the white paint.

Whoooaaaa, That is some color on those mirrors.

Gary

Experience is something you get Just after you needed it....
Ocean City, NJ
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 03:21:32 PM »

Also keep in mind that unless positioned properly an airfoil does as much or more harm than good
johnjem
http://photobucket.com/johnsgmc4905

1970 gmc 4905

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 05:13:35 PM »

i am pretty sure that air foil-wing is stock when i scraped my 4107 under the rear cap that we took off there was that wing it, may have not been that bold looking as that photo but it was there!

Never stop thinking,it"s what keeps us going till tomorrow
http://photobucket.com/johnsgmc4905
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 06:22:53 PM »

i CAN GARAUNTEE!! that that air foil is not anywhere close to a GM OEM part in any line that they make/made including cars.

the lip on the rear roofline is OEM however but thats not what we are talking about
GM0406

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 06:52:33 AM »

Whoops,  I threw away a roof scoop that was on my '06 when I got it.  I capped the rear and didn't want weight and leak suspects.  I thought it was to keep the rear window clean?  By the way, how do you include a picture in these posts?   Bill T.
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 07:35:35 AM »

Whoops,  I threw away a roof scoop that was on my '06 when I got it.  I capped the rear and didn't want weight and leak suspects.  I thought it was to keep the rear window clean? By the way, how do you include a picture in these posts?   Bill T.

Lots of information on the help board regarding how to post and how to re-size photos if they are too big. Here is a start:

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=298.0

Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 01:44:36 PM »

Actually, the 4106 is so fast, it needs that rear spoiler for rear end traction at high speed.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
GM0406

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2008, 08:33:09 PM »

Ok, Here's my rocket less the scoop!!  How do you like my rear markers which are all LED.  Bill T.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: