Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 10:00:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new kitchen is almost done  (Read 2583 times)
captain ron

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2007, 08:43:23 PM »

I think that is his mechanics bus, but I'll take his help anyway.
cody

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2007, 07:02:33 AM »

Sink went in this morning, double bowl stainless steel, next project is building a new dinette that will fold down into a bed for the grandkids but first I have to figure out what to put on the floor, wife wants vinyl tile but I'd like something like Pergo hardwood flooring but the information I'm getting is that any spills or liquid that gets on it will cause it to swell.  Probably end up following the wifes idea and use a wood grain tile lol. She always seems to win lol.
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2007, 07:36:48 AM »

MAK uses Pergo in his Moosecreek Cabins and all seem to be very happy with it.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2007, 09:59:35 AM »

Dr. Dave, I have already written a TV treatment on that type of show. Just waiting to get it to the right people. I have a second one called the "Bus Stop" that is a reality/experience type show.

Hey Capt.,
   That sounds cool. Is there anything you can tell us about how the storyline would go? If a show like that would fly, it would make our bus' worth more!!!  Grin Grin Grin
    But judging from the (I'll be polite) crap on TV about fixing up stuff, ya have to write in a bunch of drama, bickering, pissin and moanin, and panty waist bull crap for people to watch it. Sad.
    I have been TiVo-ing the RV show on HGTV on Sunday nights. It's ok. I'm watching for ideas to use in my bus. Haven't seen much yet, but then that is the beauty of TiVo.  Grin
    By the way, my house will be on HGTV June 11th. I don't want to hijack this thread so I will post a new one about it.
    Keep us up on your idea!
      Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2007, 11:42:47 AM »

Ahh.. The problem is that when you put any 5 of the guys from the board in a space.

It will soon start looking like OCC.... Probably would be funny too! ( but R rated )...

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2007, 12:20:58 PM »

Good point Dave. But I think we could keep it PG rated with the right few guys!  Grin Then again, Ron may have his cast and crew all picked out.  Wink
   Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2007, 12:32:34 PM »

Ron,

Maybe we can get Jay Lenno to help?

He has a bus !!!!!!! Cool Cool Cool Cool

Yeah I had heard that he bought the "short bus" that he'd rode to school on! LOL! BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2007, 04:04:49 PM »

Just have to "exclude" diamond plate aluminum cabinetry as an option.

Oh.. I also have a cast in mind.... I will post a picture of one of them that will get me into trouble later...

Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2007, 04:12:02 PM »

This is a friend.. She has a Lag Panoramic and was cleaning... ( she will scream at me for this one ~! ) Grin Grin Grin

All of 4 ft 1in and a Real Pistol.. Rides a BossHoss 350 Trike.

cody

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2007, 04:19:59 PM »

Just tell her we were discussing the various finishing techniques and how to safely operate in confined area's without being overcome by fumes, if she doesn't believe that then ask her if she prefers a water based varnish or an oil based varnish on the diamond plate cabinets lol.
captain ron

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2007, 06:04:36 PM »

What's wrong with diamond plate cabinets?
wvanative

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2007, 07:47:14 AM »

Thanks Tom, I enjoy woodworking, I just wish there were more conversions in this area, one thing I can't do no matter how hard I try is weld, metal is beyond my limited abilities, I'd trade cabinetry labor for welding labor if I could.[/u]

(I'd trade cabinetry labor for welding labor if I could)Cody

Hey Cody, GREAT JOB!!!
  But it's YOU who lives so far away!! LOLOL    If you did live closer, we would have a deal. Metal and me get along great. I owned a welding fab shop and still have all the tools I need to do anything I want to. And the only wood I can do is "morning wood". LOLOLOLOLOLOL

(If you did live closer, we would have a deal. Metal and me get along great. I owned a welding fab shop and still have all the tool)

Wood to me if MUCH harder to work with as I can't get the joints to match and stay together as well as welding, and if I cut it off too sort, I just weld on another piece!     

Anyway, keep up the good work!!! Looks great!! Keep the pix comin!!
     Chaz   

Cody has a great idea here and with a little tweaking could be organized into a great” Bus Workshop Rally. BustedKnuckle has a great place centrally located and with a shop to do the work required to do repairs.

Take these two post first Cody needs welding and Chaz might need cabinets they meet at the BWR and trade their skills to do the others project. Someone might have a wabasto to install in exchange for electrical trouble shooting a problem, or brake work. I know each guy here has special skills that could be used to help another bus nut. If two guys live 100 or so miles apart they could maybe meet in the middle and do a swap and trade there skills this way.

Just some ideas for you guys to kick around and see what you think about them

WVaNative.
I added the color areas in green as I could not read the yellow on my computer screen.
Richard
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 05:38:43 AM by DrivingMissLazy » Logged

Dean Hamilton Villa Grove, IL East Central IL. Near Champaign
Still Dreaming and planning
cody

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2007, 09:45:17 AM »

I'm all for swapping labor for skills, would just have to work out the details.
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2007, 09:52:28 AM »

If we were to go on film, maybe we could get someone to help Dallas, and if it were DebDav then may me we could call it:

DEBDAV DOES DALLAS  Shocked Cheesy

or has that been used before? Roll Eyes

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: