Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 20, 2014, 03:27:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BLUEBIRD EXPRESS 4500  (Read 2960 times)
Jason Bond

Ignore
« on: May 05, 2006, 01:08:25 PM »

I guess I'm number 501 or so. In regards to the BLUEBIRD EXPRESS 4500, are these good coaches? I don't recall seeing any thus far.
belfert

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 01:34:52 PM »

The Express 4500 is going to be a pretty expensive shell having been introduced in 2003.

You don't see very many Bluebird highway coaches as they had a bad reputation until recent years.  The highway coaches they sold for a while were just upgraded school buses and often had spring suspensions which makes for a poor ride.

I woudn't have any problem buying an Express 4500.  The design is really no different than a modern MCI and has no resemblance to a school bus.  They even have an all stainless farme.

Brian Elfert
belfert

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 07:43:24 PM »

Okay, I thought about a couple issues with a Bluebird Express 4500. 

Parts may be hard to come by like a Dina.  I rather doubt anybody has heard of an Express 4500.  Everybody has heard of a 102DL3 or similiar MCI model.  Also, I thought I read about Bluebird filing bankruptcy or restructuring financially or something like that.  They may not be around for the long run.

Brian Elfert
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 01:42:39 PM »

I know they made some........not sure who bought them........NY has a couple that were demonsrators and were first at DART in Dallas.

They are far cheaper than any MCI coach, and built cheaper too......

I would hazzard a guess that if DART or NY MTA didn't buy......there is a problem  with them...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: