Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 01, 2014, 01:21:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Sam pays up!  (Read 1751 times)
ghanson

MC 9

Ignore
« on: May 05, 2006, 01:43:32 PM »

Regarding my mishap East of Denver last month, where the bus broke down on the side of the road around midnight and Good Sam told me to call back in the morning and even then dropped the ball and never did get me a tow so I had to find my own way and pay my own tow charge to the tune of $450.......gasp.......They finally sent me a check for an amount, with no explanation as to why they are so imcompetent. 

Hey, at least I got the money back.  Just thought you all would like to know.

ghanson, MC9

NCbob

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 03:27:26 PM »

I'd be the last person to knock the Good Sam Club road service policy but having read about problems on some of the other boards I
opted to go with FMCA and their Road Service policy.  Haven't had the need for the yet but....

It's great to hear that everything worked out well for you.  Sort of reassures your faith in your fellow man...so to speak.

NCbob
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 03:53:23 PM »

Glenn,

That's good to hear.

Do you have your bus back yet?  Can you recover any of the repairs on your insurance due to the fire?

craig

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
belfert

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 04:29:02 PM »

Camping World Roadcare (Same as Good Sam) said they couldn't find anyone to change a flat on my bus when I called them at 7:30 pm one evening.  The claimed my motorhome was too long at 43 foot and they couldn't find anyone to change my tire and to call back in the morning!

I called back in the morning and they sent someone right out.  I think they just didn't want to pay extra for a after hours call or something.  The length of motorhome shouldn't make any difference changing a flat tire.  It didn't bother me too much to wait until morning as my bus was sitting at home in the backyard.  It did need to be driven the next day so I needed the tire changed.

I don't have the tools yet to change a tire.  I haven't decided what type of jack and jack stands I want to buy.  I also need to get a BIG torque wrench and the right sockets.

Brian Elfert
ghanson

MC 9

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 05:51:58 PM »

Craig:   The repairs, I'm told, are going to be about 3K.  Harvey out at S&S is a pretty straight up guy, so I'm okay with that.  It's for a new alternator without a core, as the thing did blow up.    I don't dare turn it into the insurance company,   they'd probably cancel me.  Further, there was no fire damage, just mechanical damage. 

Underwear doesn't cost much, and is easily replaced.  <g>

I've got plans to fly out next week with my girls, and drive it home picking up the towed on the way. 

This too shall pass.....g

gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 06:19:39 PM »

Craig:   The repairs, I'm told, are going to be about 3K.  Harvey out at S&S is a pretty straight up guy, so I'm okay with that.  It's for a new alternator without a core, as the thing did blow up.    I don't dare turn it into the insurance company,   they'd probably cancel me.  Further, there was no fire damage, just mechanical damage. 

I think that's reasonable, considering you could easily have lost the entire coach.

Underwear doesn't cost much, and is easily replaced.  <g>

LMAO   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Roll Eyes

I've got plans to fly out next week with my girls, and drive it home picking up the towed on the way. 

This too shall pass.....g

Good luck on the trip back. Look me up next time you're up this way.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: