Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 23, 2014, 03:16:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Working On My Dash  (Read 1125 times)
Dallas

« on: May 04, 2007, 04:24:03 AM »

Hey All,

I got to the point that I hated the rattling and creaking of the dash board everytime I messed with it so I decided to redo it. Another reason is that the defrosters never moved much warm air and I had to figure out why, since the heater core would get too hot to touch.
I figured the problem out as soon as I took the front of the dash... someone, at some time had removed the defroster plenum on the heater core!

Here are some photo's of the beginnings of my project.

The part that I think is cool is the belt driven heater fan.
Dallas

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 04:27:19 AM »

More
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 04:44:13 AM »

Hey Dallas! That's another spare belt you need to add to your parts list.... Grin  Grin  Grin

I have to admit, I have never seen a belt drive defroster fan.

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 05:09:45 AM »

Dallas,
In the first 2 pictures the dash area looks like a pine tree, you better repair that rust.lol Grin

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
superpickle

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 02:42:51 PM »

Dallas,
In the first 2 pictures the dash area looks like a pine tree, you better repair that rust.lol Grin

Huh ? I thought it was just Invironmently Friendly.. Like haveing Squerrols in for a Sleep over  Grin

Support Global Warming:
Drive an SUV.
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 04:49:06 PM »

Guys, don't bug him about the  rust. If he removes all the rust, what's gonna hold the bus together???  We don't have enough duct tape to do the trick!!! 

Actually, the shelf he is putting there instead looks pretty good, even if I did buy the cedar myself ($10.00 for a whole pile of it) 

Also, he is making curtains (yes, HE is) for our windows. Think I might just keep him, at least another 2 weeks!  Cat

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 05:16:31 PM »

Dallas,

The part that I don't understand is why it is so noisy, You hardly ever go anywhere and when you do.. well that's another adventure.. ~~~ Sorry couldn't resist  Wink

Hey that's not RUST is aged metal.. Takes a lot of time and hard work to age metal like that.. It's a classic !

Sorry Again.. I gotta go work on the bathroom shelves in the bus since I did the hallway walls this morning.
I cheated too.. I used Laminate Flooring ( FREE ) and it looks nice even if it is cheap and easy. CHEESY.. Probably.. Roll Eyes

Dave..... Sawdust Sawdust Everywhere and not a beer to be found....

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: