Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 02:23:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Save your Skin ... Kevlar  (Read 3201 times)
Hartley

Ignore
« on: May 04, 2007, 02:19:27 PM »

I just got my order of Kevlar Sleeves and gloves.

I bought them because my arms look like I get into knife fights with a blender when I am working in the bus
around all that sharp or not so sharp metal. I think I have found the answer to most of the skin loss or at least
something that will help.

http://www.palmflex.com/storefront/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=55

I don't think they will stop the blood bruising from glancing impacts but hey those snags and susequent blood loss will be a thing of the past I think as long as I make sure to wear the sleeves.

I have no interest in the company that sells this stuff, Just thought I would pass a good idea on to others...

Dave....
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 07:13:44 PM by DrDave-Reloaded » Logged

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
superpickle

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 02:46:55 PM »

If the bus has Insurence, You might want to Sew because of a Hostile Work environment or Fisycle Abuse..
Then you could settle out of Court, for an amount that will get her Fixed up proper  Grin

Paul..... Kiss

Support Global Warming:
Drive an SUV.
captain ron

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 04:10:41 PM »

Superpickle, Since you probably never owned a Super Bee and obviously never won a spelling bee there is a spell check option at the bottom of the page next to the post and preview button Shocked Grin Undecided
m-werx

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 04:29:00 PM »

Can some one tell me what spelling has to do with some one making a joke out of this coment or the fact that thy never owend a super bee,I have not posted mutch on the board & for the most got good info but it just seems if the spelling is not right its a crime, if thats the case good buy.
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 04:34:50 PM »

Popsicle.....POPSickle....POPSicko.....

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Wink Wink Wink Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

belfert

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 04:44:46 PM »

Man, some people have a thin skin.

Someone suggested using the spell check button and posters start saying they are going to leave.  Geez.
Dallas

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 04:47:34 PM »

Trying to figure out what happened here has made my hed hert!
m-werx

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 04:53:39 PM »

guess I can see why ace got peed off, I'm not a computer wiz so will mak please tell me how to remove us from the board,
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 05:08:58 PM »

guess I can see why ace got peed off, I'm not a computer wiz so will mak please tell me how to remove us from the board,

Please don't leave the board. It sometimes takes a warped sense of humor to play here.

I didn't see anything wrong with any comments. My comment was all in fun..( jest, humor ) You know silly stuff
and I suspect the other comments were along the same lines.

I posted something I found that might interest others. No harm intended...

Dave.... ( somtimes I feel like Super Dave Osborn )..... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

m-werx

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 05:56:37 PM »

Dr Dave not you, wish moor like you, just thought it was a dumb reply to a funny thanks.
cody

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007, 05:59:43 PM »

Gee, you guys speel like me lol.
superpickle

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2007, 06:04:45 PM »

Sory to hav Inconfluenced you  Sad

I well tri 2 Doo bether neks time..  Grin

Kiss Tongue Kiss Tongue Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Wink

Support Global Warming:
Drive an SUV.
captain ron

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2007, 07:14:41 PM »

gess I shood keep my jokes over on the comidy bored. But that wuz a good rime. Seams like sumbody is maybee goot friends with Ace and just wants to start sumpin.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2007, 05:23:54 AM »

If the bus has Insurence, You might want to Sew because of a Hostile Work environment or Fisycle Abuse..
Then you could settle out of Court, for an amount that will get her Fixed up proper 

Gee, now I really feel bad because I understood every word he wrote.  Cheesy Smiley Grin Life's to short to take serious, find humor wherever you can.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
m-werx

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2007, 06:33:47 AM »

never met Ace or spoke to him ,
Dallas

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2007, 02:04:32 PM »

Then you could settle out of Court, for an amount that will get her Fixed up proper 

Gee, now I really feel bad because I understood every word he wrote.  Cheesy Smiley Grin Life's to short to take serious, find humor wherever you can.  Jack

Yeah, Look at us... My wife married me just for the humor! She laughs at me all the time!! Dallas
superpickle

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2007, 09:46:48 PM »

Yeah, Look at us... My wife married me just for the humor! She laughs at me all the time!! Dallas

Yeah, my wife laughs too  Shocked lots when im Naked..  Huh

Support Global Warming:
Drive an SUV.
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2007, 05:02:40 AM »

Just in case anyone forgot the original subject... I repeat..
And yesterday the Kevlar saved me from what could have been a nasty scrape.. Thanks to Technology Again. Wink

I just got my order of Kevlar Sleeves and gloves.

I bought them because my arms look like I get into knife fights with a blender when I am working in the bus
around all that sharp or not so sharp metal. I think I have found the answer to most of the skin loss or at least
something that will help.

http://www.palmflex.com/storefront/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=55

Eagle

1985 Eagle

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2007, 05:57:43 AM »

Dr Dave we implemented using the Kevlar gloves and sleeves in the Body departments of Ford Motor Company eleven years ago and accidental cuts and scrapes decreased by 73%.  They may be uncomfortable but they work.

I have noticed over time that some people on these boards jump at the chance to correct someone for any thing they can and we have lost a lot of good people because of this.  We are human and we ALL make mistakes so be it.  We can not continue to insult people or we will not have anyone on these boards to get knowlegable information.

Thank you.
chargePlus

1951 GMC PD4103-125

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2007, 09:41:31 AM »

Someone suggested using the spell check button and posters start saying they are going to leave.  Geez.

Actually, I think he was in the market for something.  Wink  Wink  Wink  Grin

... if thats the case good buy.

Hey, remember this is a very weak attempt at HUMOR.

- John

Sports Car Lover and Bus Nut
1951 GMC PD4103-125 http://www.euliss-uftring.org/DaBus
Sports Car Club of America http://www.ncrscca.com/
Mazda Sports Car Club of NC http://www.msccnc.org/
captain ron

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2007, 01:23:55 PM »

You guys need kevlar skin on your whole body, If you guys can't take a joke then maybe you should find a new place to play. The person the statement was directed at didn't seem to have a problem so why would anybody else? Grow up and quit crying.
Sam 4106

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2007, 01:09:23 PM »

Hi Captain Ron,
I agree that we could all use kevlar skin to prevent being offended by your humor. Although, I think that your attempts at humor go WAY over some of our heads. Perhaps if you head your post as being humor there would be less complaints.
Your suggestion of using spell check will not help grammatical errors. Since sew and sue, which I think was the intended word, are both correctly spelled words with different meanings I don't think spellcheck would help. Neither would buy or by be corrected if the intended word is bye. Other words would be.
The thing that saddens me about incorrect  language use is the amount of time, effort, and money that goes to educate our population and people still can't communicate well. I know we all have different educations and abilities so maybe that accounts for it.
Please keep posting your humor, we all can use more of that in our lives.
Thanks, Sam 4106

1976 MCI-8TA with 8V92 DDEC II and Allison HT740
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2007, 01:17:20 PM »

why can't we just let this carp go???

Grin

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
captain ron

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2007, 02:41:19 PM »

why can't we just let this carp go???

Grin

Very funny, I used to be dyslexic but I'm K.O. now. If your dyslexic and cross eyed do you see things the right way?
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2007, 05:48:12 PM »

Don't make jokes about lysdexic people, it's not nice.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Dallas

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2007, 06:45:04 PM »

Speaking of Dyslexic, to hijack this thread even further.....

When my daughter was very young, we had to put 'L' and 'R' on her Tennis shoes.... except we had to put 'L' on the right shoe and 'R' on the left shoe.

You see, not only was she Dyslexic, she was also very Blonde.

Cheesy

She still gets teased.
cody

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2007, 07:07:55 AM »

This is why I love this board, we can take a good subject and make it unrecognizeable, I too, believe in the kevlar gloves, they help, my biggest problem is that I didn't use them and got a bandaid on my typing finger and can't see what I'm saying lol.  Anything we can do to make our lives better and more enjoyable is a help to all of us and that includes a little humor now and then, my dad used to say, "life is short, death is long". I enjoy cabinetry and use a lot of different tools, while the kevlar gloves wouldn't help much with a tablesaw or jointer they do make a difference with most of the other tools. And I don't speel very good either lol.
superpickle

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2007, 09:19:14 PM »

Superpickle, Since you probably never owned a Super Bee and obviously never won a spelling bee there is a spell check option at the bottom of the page next to the post and preview button Shocked Grin Undecided

I thought that was to see if my Epolepsi was working OK  Grin

Cheesy  I know, Im goin to get Hate Mail from people with Epolepsi  Tongue

So K, I hab it 2  Grin  Temprel Lobe Epilepsi !  had it for 35 years, Got it in Nam after Head Trauma.

Kiss Kiss Kiss

Support Global Warming:
Drive an SUV.
njt5051

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2007, 11:12:47 AM »

Boy I hope you are a better entertainer then a comic...   
superpickle

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2007, 12:15:48 PM »

( puts thumbs in ears, sticks out tongue and waves fingers }   Grin

Support Global Warming:
Drive an SUV.
captain ron

« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2007, 01:28:44 PM »

Wow, Your first post and you gotta start off with that Huh Is this Ace trying to sneak back in under an assumed identity? Grin
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 01:30:56 PM by captain ron » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: