Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 06:44:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where are the BEES  (Read 2304 times)
superpickle

Ignore
« on: May 11, 2007, 07:35:06 AM »

Very nice sunrise today, Clear as Glass and calm.. The ground is coverd with little clumps of Yellow and Purple flowers all over..

Coffee is Chocolat Truffel.. MmmMMmmmmMMMmmmmm

While standing on the deck , sipping on my fresh brew.. I notice , there are NO BEES... 
This is a bit Scarry !
Dont you think ?

Saw a short bit on this on TV a while back, sence then , Nobody seems interested in it. I think it was Einstien that said " If the Bees dissapear, Man has 4 years left" 
Bees are VERY importent to LIFE on this planet..
Plants wont seed.. Things wont grow back, all the plant eaters will Die, as will WE. And all the things that eat the plant eaters as well.. I guess I'll just use my Bus as a Coffin..

Do you still have Bees. ? Or, have you noticed.. HuhHuh Shocked
When you answer, please give a general location.. State, Country, etc. etc.

Paul...

Support Global Warming:
Drive an SUV.
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 07:43:06 AM »

have had no bees for the last 3 years.  They used to be pretty obnoxious at various times of the year, then they all left.

San Diego area

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Dallas

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 07:48:27 AM »

Paul,
Here in NE South Carolina we have lots of bees. And Wasps. And Hornets., And Yellow Jackets.....

But back to the bees...

Many commecial hives in this area, more than usual as a matter of fact. It also looks like they are producing to their little Bee-pickin' hearts content.

There are also a lot of bumble bees here, but I'm not sure if they are the same as we had at home in the Pacific Northwest. These seem slower and less inclined to be a pest.

I have noticed quite a number of different types of flies this year, especially sweat flies, deer flies and Blue bottles.

One thing I didn't like... The other morning I was down by the lake casting a worm into the weeds in a vain attempt to entice a fish of some sort into our frying pan.....

I counted 31 Water moccasins of differing sizes all headed in a generally westward direction toward the mossy end of the lake.

I asked the Ranger about them later and he said he's never seen so many snakes in this lake as he has this year.

Comparatively, I've only seen 3 King snakes, which are a good snake and eat the copperheads and water moccasins.

Lot's of Geese pairs this year, nesting and making babies and goose poop all over..... shouldn't they be headed back to Canada for the summer?

Dallas
cody

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 07:54:30 AM »

No shortage of bees, wasps, and hornets up here in Northern Michigan, we're also producing a bumper crop of mosquitos this year.  Hopefully we'll have the tourist influx so the poor little critters won't starve.  One thing i'm thankful is that we don't have any poisonous snakes, I'm deathly afraid of snakes and the little garter snakes we have scare me enough without rattlers or moccosins to watch out for too, give me the bears and wolves, they don't bother me.
captain ron

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 08:01:36 AM »

Cody, don't forget the state road kill in the U.P. "Porcupine"
cody

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 08:04:48 AM »

Sorry, forgot the porkies lol, yep got plenty of them too, even some that have been tenderized and aged nicely, perfect for the family BBQ, they even come complete with toothpicks lol.
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 08:43:39 AM »

Alarm Over Missing Bees Prompts House Hearing

Listen to this story... by Andrea Seabrook

All Things Considered, March 29, 2007 The disappearance of bee colonies across North America, which endangers the pollination of fruits and vegetables, prompts a hearing by the House agriculture panel. Alarmed beekeepers, farmers and scientists voiced their concerns at the hearing.

The scientists and farmers spoke of the magnitude of the problem, which, they stressed, went far beyond a few bees here and there.

It's not just the honey industry being talking about, they said although it is getting hit hard, too.

At issue is practically the whole of American agriculture. Most orchards, fields of grain and vegetable crops are pollinated by honeybees. And both milk and meat come from cows that eat grain.

If honeybee populations continue to disappear in such huge numbers, the witnesses said, it could have a dramatic effect on crop yields and ultimately the nation's food supply.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
wvanative

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 08:54:14 AM »

We seem to have plenty of bee's here in IL this year. I have seen bumble bee, hornets, wasp. but no honey bee's. But the flowers are just starting to come out so I'll keep an eye out for them. I understand that a mite has been attacking the honey bee's for a few years and this year the commercial bee keepers have been finding their entire hives dead. That is a scary think to think about as the balance of nature is very fragile. or as the father on A Christmas Story Darren McGaven would say Fra chill lay  must be french or something. Yes the loss of all honey bee's would affect the us food supply in a big way. That might make you forget the $4 or $5 fuel price. 

Dean Hamilton Villa Grove, IL East Central IL. Near Champaign
Still Dreaming and planning
larryh
4905A-893 P8M

ready to run with the big dogs

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 09:29:10 AM »

Dallas

Them Geese are waiting for their passports to be processed so they can renter the states.

LarryH

Savvy ponderable:
A cowboy's only afraid of two things:
havin' ta walk,
and the love of a good woman.
"This posting was generated using an environmentally friendly, self contained flatulence generator, therefore no fossils or neutrons were harmed in the creation of this posting.

Quartzsite,
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 09:36:19 AM »

Just one more thing to be depressed, worried about, fell guilty about, etc.  In addition to breathing out  all this obnoxious carbon dioxide that's killing the universe, now we are all killing the darn bees.

Don't hear much about that acid rain anymore...guess that fad went out of style.  Hope this global warming bs does too (and soon).

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
superpickle

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 02:04:03 PM »

have had no bees for the last 3 years.  They used to be pretty obnoxious at various times of the year, then they all left.

San Diego area

Hey Jim, My sweety and I moved here for Lakeside 7 yeaers ago.. Lived out by Lake Jennings.. Tiny lil world, huh  Grin

I like it here in NM, but I miss the Malls and Sushi and Good theaters and Good Groceri stores.. although its Much cheeper here.. Diesels only $3.09 in spots.   Premium is $3.30.  Angry

We have thousands of squar miles of OIL wells just east of us, Only 1 out of 10 to 20 is pumping.. I do belive, this country would rather Run everybody else OUT of gas, befor they use what they've Got.. A lot of Other folks think that too. No wonder, they Hate the U. floggin S.

Paul....  Undecided 

Support Global Warming:
Drive an SUV.
Hobe

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2007, 03:05:44 PM »

As a bee keeper that use to run 1200 hives and produce 50,000 pounds of honey a year. I can tell you exactley what hapened. The mites came in to this country from Africa and The states did nothing to contro;; them You can't use anythiny to kill them as it contaminates the honey. Then came the killer bees that also came from Africa. And again they did nothing to stop them at the canal in Pannama. They came up through Mexaco. and then into Texas now they have went across the south. The only bees left are managed hive that are used for polination and the scare of kills have made it imposable to get locatioms Fred
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2007, 03:15:07 PM »

No wonder, they Hate the U. floggin S.

Hey superpickle;

I don't appreciate you mocking our country.

Who cares if they hate us or not.  Since when are we out to win a popularity contest with freakin Germany or France.  This country is what's holding this sorry a-- world together and without us they'd still be trying to figure out how to kill a few million Jews without having to waste the money on bullets.

This "Blame America First" bs is about to get on my last nerve.  If you don't love it, leave it!  But for God's sake, don't side with our enemies.

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2007, 03:17:50 PM »

Ok guys, Lets all sit back and take a deep breath, then get back to talkin' bout buses.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2007, 03:23:43 PM »

Sorry Jack
(and superpickle).

Been listening to Merle Haggard too long...

Connel
Eagle 05 w/Ser60 & HD4060PR

Day Eagle landed & before total rebuild.

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2007, 08:28:42 AM »

I believe the original question was "Where are the bees?"

I have a medium size hive living in a large catalpa bean tree in the back yard for the last several years.  Sure make all the flowers, flowering bushes and fruit trees do well.  All my neighbors talk about how pretty their flowers have been the past few years - I just smile and say yea you are right.  Would like to move the bees into a hive box because of the cold winters but, if I do that the city will make me remove them.  Can not keep bee hives in the city  although they say nothing about wild hives.

City in central Oklahoma population 110,000.

Central Oklahoma

Refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
Jerry Liebler

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2007, 05:24:28 PM »

Colonel,
     Move that colony into a hive box and sell it to me!  The mites  have essentially wiped out all feral hives so what you've got are a family of bees that have extraordinary resistance to mites and diseases.  Seriously contact a local bee keeper, I'm sure they'd want that hive, as would I but you are a bit far away.
Regards
Jerry 4107 1120   
Todd

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2007, 05:13:17 PM »

Like everything else, the bees have been exported overseas. They will sell them back to us at twice the price on a worker bee program.

Smiley

Todd
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 05:16:23 PM by Todd » Logged
superpickle

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2007, 05:42:17 PM »

Like everything else, the bees have been exported overseas. They will sell them back to us at twice the price on a worker bee program.

Smiley

Todd

No no no, the Worker Bee program will alow them to come in, work for less and take all the Jobs...  Grin

Support Global Warming:
Drive an SUV.
Melbo

MC8 under construction

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2007, 06:35:23 PM »

Working in Alb today and saw lots of bees so they are about.

Might be on the foreign worker program

Melbo

If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: