Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 18, 2014, 04:37:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which rally?  (Read 1876 times)
busnut_texas

Ignore
« on: May 15, 2007, 07:25:24 AM »

Can someone tell me what the largest rally for bus conversions is? I am trying to decide which rally(s) we should go to this year. We don't have a bus yet, but would like to start talking to people and looking at what others have done.

Thanks,
Jeremy

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same." -  Maryanne Williamson
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 07:33:31 AM »

I think the Bus'N USA rally in Rickreal Oregon gets about 150 converted buses. July 11-15.   I have no idea if its the largest, but it is a good one.  and its put on by some guys you'd like to meet. 

Jack Conrad's in Florida around the 1st of the year is also a really good one.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 09:14:19 AM »

Busn' USA and our rally both have about the same number of busues in attendance. Busn' USA is in the Northwest in July. Our rally is in the Southeast during the last of December/first of January.  Hopefully you can make or the other.  Both are very good rallys.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
superpickle

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 09:50:43 AM »

Shocked  no Rallys in the South West ??
Need to start one at Grand Canyon  in the late fall or early spring.

Love that place..  Grin

Support Global Warming:
Drive an SUV.
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 10:22:36 AM »

Sedona would be my pick. Love that place!!!!!!!!!!

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Utahclaimjumper

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 12:50:36 PM »

Sedona is also very pricey.>>>Dan

Utahclaimjumper 
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 02:11:47 PM »

Yeah, I know, but I like it!!   Grin

I'd like to "winter there" over the colder couple months here. maybe I can figure out a good stratagy if I ever get it done.              just a thought. Roll Eyes

Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 02:13:51 PM »

I doubt if there is enough room there to hold a rally. LOL I know I never want to take an Eagle bus and Tahoe toad there again.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Dreamscape

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 02:26:22 PM »

If there would every be another Rally, would be nice to have it somewhere central of the USA, so people from the east and west would not have to drive so far. I think more would attend, especially those not retired yet.
I wish we could attend the one in Oregon, it is about 15 miles from where I grew up.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
belfert

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 02:35:57 PM »

No matter where you hold a major rally somebody will complain it is too far away.  If you hold a rally in the central part of the USA everybody on the east and west coast will complain.

Anybody can start a really with the appropriate location.  It may take years, if ever, to get as large as the two big rallies.  You need to offer lots of vendors, seminars, and the like to attract folks, but vendors and seminar teachers won't want to come without a well attended rally.
Busnut83

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2007, 04:05:19 PM »

How about a rally in Texas,,,?Huh?
belfert

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2007, 05:06:20 PM »

How about a rally in Texas,,,?Huh?

Find a campground or large space to hold a rally and schedule one! 

Busted Knuckle took the bull by the horns last fall and scheduled one at his place in Tennessee last year.  He didn't get a lot of buses due to the weather and the time of year, but he tried.  I was there and hope he will do it again.
superpickle

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2007, 07:59:56 PM »

Oh hell, then lets have one Here..I have ten acres for a lot O Buses..

all pretty flat too .  we have Whit Sands Nat Monument here, the Space Musium, Sun Spot and Apachi Peak Observatorys.  Carlsbad Caverns a few hours away. 

Ya all can hep me with my Bus too  Grin Brang yer Tools  Wink

Paul...

Support Global Warming:
Drive an SUV.
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2007, 02:47:03 AM »

Planning a rally is lots of work but it is worth every minute.  Dallas announced we were having one at the campground where we were last year at Timmonsville.  I had never been to a rally before and he left lots of details up to me to kinda figure out on my own.  We managed to pull it together and then at the time of the rally, we had several volunteers to get some things done.  Gary and Linda jumped in and helped with the last minute day to day details.  I know I couldn't have gotten my stuff done every day if I hadn't had Linda's willing hands helping me.  The second rally was a bit easier and it got a good bit bigger and both were worth every bit of work it took.  We were really disappointed not to be able to have one this year.  We are trying to figure out how to have another one in this area in the fall.  Jump in, give one a try, what have you got to loose??  Cat

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
Jerry32

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2007, 02:58:26 AM »

Where is Rickreal? I was born and lived in OR most of my life but never heard of it.  Jerry

1988 MCI 102A3 8V92TA 740
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: