Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 30, 2014, 04:50:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW BB  (Read 3013 times)
Ace

Ignore
« on: May 16, 2007, 01:37:42 PM »

WOW 34 members and only 3-4 posters! Come on guys and give Dave some contributions in the form of words and wisdom on his BB! It's really not hard to use because it's very similar to this one! In fact there some that have said it is easier to get around. Maybe because there isn't much going on YET but that can change but it takes YOU to do it! Come on and let's help change it!

For those of you that think the post I made on BNO about Dave's BB site was deleted, your wrong! I was emailed by I@N and he told me he moved it to the lost link page in hopes that some of you would visit THAT site as well and he has been wanting to give Dave a link to his BB for a while and just forgot!

Keep in mind, There are so many of these bus BB's out here and you only know of a few (probably only 2) until someone fills you in and that's what Dave has done here... filling you in so to speak!

It's FREE, very EASY, and it's YOURS! What else could you ask for? Heck that's even better than some wives I used to know!  Well ONE for sure!  Roll Eyes

Ace

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 02:20:34 PM »

So Ace, I'm just curious here. I am rather new to this board thing, and you are right, there are probably allot of others. (I belong to a couple) But what is the advantage of having so many??? I have a hard time keeping up with this one! And the other two I belong to are "specific". (WVO bus and GMC's)
  This seems to be a really good board with ALLOT of info and a BUNCH of great members, so what would be the advantage?
  Trust me, I'm not trying to start anything here, please believe that, but I would just like to know why it is advantageous to spend more time looking at more boards.

Just curious,
       Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
belfert

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 02:27:21 PM »

I think there are three reasons Ace is advertising this new board:

1.  He doesn't like a certain moderator here and was recently given a forced vacation from the MAK board.

2.  There is a sticky on the other board advertising Ace's new business.

3.  Ace is the moderator of the new board so now he can play God.
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 02:33:36 PM »

Hey Chaz that's a very good question and one I am prepared to answer!

You see, not EVERYONE goes to BNO and not EVERYONE comes here or for matter, not EVERYONE goezs to the two other sites you mentioned so that means that there are those that go elsewhere or ANYWHERE to seek out information that they may be searching for, and then there are those that just can't seem to post everything they know in just one or two places so they look for new places to share their knowledge hoping to connect with those that never seem to get HERE, THERE or over THERE!  Grin

Hey it didn't hurt a thing when this BB started up when their were others already in existence. I don't see a problem with too many! Just that many more search venues to get all the professional and non professional help you will ever need or want!

By the way, the link to Dave's BB is: http://www.rvbus.net

Oh and Belfert, you are so wrong bud! I was invited to be there and I am NOT playing God! Just trying to help out a friend that's all! Cheesy

Ace

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Dreamscape

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 02:49:39 PM »

My personal opinion is this...It makes no difference how many bus boards there are....The more there is the more attention to our craft for newbies looking for their bus fix....Not everyone will participate on all boards.... Some will feel more comfortable on one over another....I like the idea my self....Differant strokes for differant folks, as they say...
This board has helped me in a lot of ways, and given me more ideas that I can count.....I only read the BNO Board as I am not able to join for some reason, program glitch I bet....I joined Dave's board to find more ideas, maybe differant, we'll see.....I wish all the BIG THREE much luck in their endeavour...

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 03:54:09 PM »

Makes sense. I have NO problem with a whole butt load of BB's, but I guess I figure I can best use my time if I am just using one, mainly.
  Good luck over there and I might look in on occasion.
    Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/

belfert

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 04:02:51 PM »

Ours is a pretty small hobby.

Too many BBs tends to dilute everything.  If 30 boards each get five or six posts a day, nobody will visit any of them because there is no value in that few posts.  People want to visit BBs that have lots of posts.
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 04:06:11 PM »

Too many BBs tends to dilute everything.  If 30 boards each get five or six posts a day, nobody will visit any of them because there is no value in that few posts.  People want to visit BBs that have lots of posts.

True......... True.

Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 05:48:04 PM »

I just wanted to chime in on this.

My Board has been around since 1997 in one flavor or another. I have shut it down a few times due to software or spammer issues
but otherwise have tried to have one available.

I participate here and on BNO, WVO groups, MCI groups, GMC groups and a few others.

Each has their own flavor and types of people and postings. There are many other Bus related websites too and I look in on them on a regular basis. Many of you probably don't eveb realize they are out there.

The best part of having a bus is the travelling. The challenge of getting there and back. The same holds true for these few
Bulletin Boards. We all can learn from them if we participate.

I don't mind being # 3  heck I prefer it that way.

As for anyone going somewhere else because they were unwelcome, I really doubt that is the case.
There are people who have their own opinions and agendas. When someone elects someone with a bone to pick
for some personal reason they are detracting from the essence of what the board is for.

As for Ace being a moderator. That was my choice, Not because of a previous conflict, But as a courtesy to someone that I can admire for their abilities dealing with their own bus conversion and the courtesy of how much time they will spend trying to help people.

I know Ace, he doesn't necessarily know me, But we have met a couple of times over the years at rallys.

I also know Jack Conrad, He is also a moderator as it Pete (RTS/Daytona).. I know them to be the real deals and trust thier knowledge and gift of sharing.

My rule for advertising your own bus related services is an Open rule. I allow it if done in moderation. I also allow links to the e-place and other things of interest. These are not allowed here or on BNO because their rules are different. They are profit based systems for the most part.

I am too, Just not on the board side or at least I would like my other website stuff to help defray its cost but that is not my main motivation.

Anyway, I have wasted enough of your time here... Enjoy... Come and Visit, Or don't if it bothers you....

Dave....

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
njt5051

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 05:53:32 PM »

Ours is a pretty small hobby.

Most do not like visiting boards like this one because of posters that comment about GODS and support others of them at the same time.

If for the most part those that like posting all the trash would just shut up about personal things any board would be great but Nope you cant get answers without someone posting about how bad you spell or that you drive the wrong kind of bus.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 05:56:39 PM by njt5051 » Logged
belfert

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 06:27:35 PM »

Okay, I never should have posted anything in the first place and I apologize to those I offended.

Ace hasn't been around much for a while, but it seems like many of his posts are complaints about the MAK moderators.  I haven't seen a lot of the posts the moderators complain about because they are gone before I ever read the thread.

I read both the BNO and MAK boards, but mostly the MAK board.  I can't stand the interface over at BNO so I don't visit there more than every few days.  I'd read more bus boards if I knew any that had any real traffic.

I really should spend more time on my bus and less on the boards, but circumstances don't permit me to work on my bus right now.  I'm sick of working on my house and can't stay focused for long without going back to my PC.
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 07:13:30 PM »

Most do not like visiting boards like this one because of posters that comment about GODS and support others of them at the same time.

Huh Huh Huh
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2007, 07:26:02 PM »

Hey Belfert, what do you mean "Ace hasn't been around much for a while"? LOL Just because someone doesn't post anything doesn't mean they are gone! Heck I have probably been here more than you have!

AND to clear the air? I don't have any more of a problem with ANY moderator than they do with me!  Roll Eyes

Ace

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
captain ron

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2007, 07:49:16 PM »

My problem with this post is
1. I wouldn't advertise my gigs on another comedians web site
2. Why didn't Ace cut and paste the exact same post from the other board?
3.njt5051 has now posted 2 times both to slam the way others post, we have been members here for a while and have taken and contributed to this board quite a bit. We have earned the right to have some fun or express our opinions. You need to lighten up not everybody lacks a sense of humor.
4. After Ace badmouthed this board then has the audacity to come on this board to promote one that he is moderator on is tacky at the least
5. I think Dave should have asked a moderator if it was ok then done it himself.
just my opinions and not necessarily the view of others.
njt5051

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2007, 08:33:50 PM »

3.njt5051 has now posted 2 times both to slam the way others post, we have been members here for a while and have taken and contributed to this board quite a bit. We have earned the right to have some fun or express our opinions. You need to lighten up not everybody lacks a sense of humor.
4. After Ace badmouthed this board then has the audacity to come on this board to promote one that he is moderator on is tacky at the least
5. I think Dave should have asked a moderator if it was ok then done it himself.

HEY PRIVATE RON>...  I have been here since the beginning of the Mak boards. Long before you decided to join.  You do indeed lack a sense of Humor and it is understandable. The chemicals you have to endure doing the job you try to do will do that to you. Now as far as lighten up You being rude or attacking others because they can't spell as well as you has nothing to do with comedy or buses. Now in the future please do not bother addressing my posts and stop attempting to show your winky is bigger.. It isn't and even if it was I could care less. I read for the most part and seldom need to post.
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2007, 08:43:06 PM »

And to think people actually pay for that crap!   Huh Huh

I think you ALL have to lighten up! This thread wasn't started as a pissing match but as always, if I'm involved, some of you must add your worthless two cents!

It's all good! Thise that know, REALLY know!  Grin Grin Grin

Ace

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2007, 09:02:44 PM »

I was trying to be kind and stay out of directly saying I had a board.

In the past when I did say anything close, I would get censored or my messages would get removed.

Of course anyone that looks at my avatar can see I have a website.. duh?Huh

As always, If you don't like something or have something rude or bad to say to someone or about someone
it should be kept private. Not sent out to fish for more nonsense and bull...

Honestly Ron, I don't get your level of humor that well. You do tend to rub and rub and rub and not get to
the real point. Rodney Dangerfield You AINT ! Sam Kinneson You Aint!

Why not just let things alone.

I really don't care if people who can't play well with others come to visit me....

You were instrumental in totally destroying a thread I started last week, and just kept at it. Until I locked the thread..

And so it goes as usual.. The new board here worked very well at keeping things moving without the spammers attacking
until it started self destructing again because of a few people than can't behave in a crowd...

I am not mad at anyone and don't hold grudges as a personal rule.. I just go do something else when times get nasty.

Lets clean it up here and get back on topics for those who ask and need our help and understanding.

Dave....

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
captain ron

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2007, 09:28:38 PM »

HEY PRIVATE RON>...  I have been here since the beginning of the Mak boards. Long before you decided to join.  You do indeed lack a sense of Humor and it is understandable. The chemicals you have to endure doing the job you try to do will do that to you. Now as far as lighten up You being rude or attacking others because they can't spell as well as you has nothing to do with comedy or buses. Now in the future please do not bother addressing my posts and stop attempting to show your winky is bigger.. It isn't and even if it was I could care less. I read for the most part and seldom need to post.
Now your showing the same Jackassery of another person by slandering me and making a personal attack on me and my character.I don't do drugs and never have except for the initial experimenting and didn't care for it. You really have a problem dude. I don't give a #### if you like me or not I never said anything that was towards you and if you don't like my posts don't reply it's that simple. the ONLY posts you have made are to start something with me.You've made 3 posts, ALL were attacking me. Nice track record. I made a post about spelling but the guy it was too was not offended so why should anybody else be?

Dave, a lot of threads get derailed by others and nobody cries for days about it you are guilty of it too. remember the WVO threads? So just chill.
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2007, 03:44:38 AM »

.... I have been here since the beginning of the Mak boards. Long before you decided to join.  .... I read for the most part and seldom need to post.

Name:  njt5051
Position:  Newbie
Date Registered:  April 10, 2007, 23:34:51
Last Active:  May 16, 2007, 22:45:35

I read the FoxNews and CNN news sites, but that doesn't make me a member of their news teams.  Just reading a forum doesn't make you a member of its community.  It appears that you didn't see the need to join the community until you decided to bash senior members who have been contributing to the board content and participating in the community.  In contemporary terms, you appear to be a troll.

Dreamscape

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2007, 04:15:00 AM »

If someone has a problem with another person, send them a personal message. Keep it to yourselves as others don't want to read about it. All Bus Boards are for Bus Conversion Information, not personal attacks, at least that is what I thought. I don't understand, it is a sad sad problem.

Paul
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2007, 05:02:15 AM »

OK everyone,  We all know Dr. Dave has a BB. If you want to go look at it,  go ahead.  If you don't, then do something else, but enough of the personal attacks!  Lets talk about BUSES.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2007, 05:55:16 AM »

Uh-oh........ Man, I hope I didn't start this pissin match!! I was honestly curious.

My apologies if I was the cause.
     Chaz Embarrassed

JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2007, 06:11:16 AM »

Chaz,
   I don't think any one person started this, but I just wanted to get the personal attacks to stop. My comments were not directed at any 1 individual, but rather at the direction the thread appeared to be heading. Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
njt5051

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2007, 01:57:11 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Nice new place...
prevost82
82 Prevost 8V92ta 6 speed

82 Prevost Marathon XL

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2007, 05:31:56 PM »

Yea you're right njt5051 ... on most forum's the moderator would have closed the thread or deleted the offending post ... but on this board with 50 moderators they just sit back and do nothing, then kick who ever off the board. Maybe the moderators should learn how to moderate the board then this BS would stop.

This board is going to the dog's as far as I'm concerned.
JerryH

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2007, 03:42:09 AM »

... and some of us just watch from afar wondering if we're once again back in high school...
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2007, 05:43:09 AM »

Ok Folks,  Time is up on this thread! The pot has been stirred up and it's time to let things settle.

It's now locked down.....

Nick Badame

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: