Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 29, 2014, 06:16:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wishing I was working on my bus  (Read 1409 times)
belfert

« on: May 16, 2007, 02:44:47 PM »

Man, I really wish I could work on my bus instead of spending my time getting my house ready for sale.  Once the house does go on the market I can't have the bus at the house.

I'm really starting to worry about having my bus ready for my big trip at the end of September.  The bus needs at least three or four good weekends of work to be ready to go.  I need to check with my friend who has a few acres to see if I could park it there and work on it.
superpickle

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 03:01:49 PM »

hECK, SEND IT ups DOWN HERE TO nEW mEXICO. IT dRYER AND i HAVE lOTS OF SPACE  Grin

sTUPID cAPSLOCK  Angry

Support Global Warming:
Drive an SUV.
Ross

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 03:32:35 PM »

Why can't the bus be there?  The agent told me I had to get the bus off the property and I told them I'd find a different realtor, which I did.  The second realtor sold the house in three weeks, even with a big ole' bus in the driveway.

Ross
belfert

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 04:00:19 PM »

Why can't the bus be there?  The agent told me I had to get the bus off the property and I told them I'd find a different realtor, which I did.  The second realtor sold the house in three weeks, even with a big ole' bus in the driveway.

I made up my mind that the bus needed to be gone before I talked to a realtor.  One realtor I talked to did mention the bus and I said I planned to put it in storage which is where it is.

The real estate market continues to decline and I feel I need every possible edge to sell my house.  A bus with a bunch of multicolor panels on the side isn't going to help things.  Now, if I had had a nice bus like yours or Nick's or something I would have no problem leaving it during the sale process.

A lot of houses just aren't moving around here.  My coworker gave up on selling his house after four or five months.  His is a reasonably nice home built in the early 1990s, but there are also a half dozen more just like his for sale in the development where he lives.
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 05:56:54 PM »

Mine is behind the house along with my 40 foot container. I tell them it will be gone as soon as a contract is signed.

Watch out for R.E. Agents, They will talk you into all kinds of improvements that cost time and money and still force
the price in hand down anyway to get their profit.

What good is spending $20k cleaning and fixing when the new owner will undo what you have done and do the same thing their way after they buy it. People are fickle and most are going to remodel anyway because they want stuff a different way from what you thought.

I just knocked $20k off mine and it isn't even listed with an agent yet.. I am getting nibbles already.

Before too much longer I am going to blow the bottom out of the price and run for the hills... I just can't deal with Florida anymore... The only second language I speak is "REDNECK"..... Roll Eyes

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
belfert

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 06:12:26 PM »

What good is spending $20k cleaning and fixing when the new owner will undo what you have done and do the same thing their way after they buy it. People are fickle and most are going to remodel anyway because they want stuff a different way from what you thought.

I'm spending just over $20,000 on remodeling, but I didn't have much choice if I want the house to sell.  My house was built in 2001 with only one bedroom.  Unfinished space was left over the garage for two additional bedrooms and a bathroom.  The money paid for stuff like wiring, insulation, plumbing, HVAC, and drywall isn't going to be wasted.  Nobody would rip that stuff out.

It would be next to impossible to sell a one bedroom house in my price bracket.  I planned on finishing the two bedrooms before I talked to any realtor. 

I didn't go crazy on the remodeling so the next owner wouldn't be tempted to rip things apart.  Everything is very neutral and nothing is outdated since it is five years old and was built by a good quality builder. 

I could bring the bus back, but it really overpowers the backyard and makes it look small.  It is also almost an eyesore until I get it painted.  I don't want my house to look like some I have looked at with junk all over.  Me personally, I could overlook junk when buying a house as long as gone at clsoing, but a lot of people won't overlook this stuff.
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 06:40:38 PM »

I didn't know you had a really small space. You probably did the right thing going for the finish of the extra rooms.
Makes perfect sense.

Mine was built in 1980 on 1.5 acres with 2-car garage and plenty of room, Just more taxes and upkeep than I can afford.
my neighborhood is pretty open and easy with lots of space and I have A-3 zoning which is less restrictive than others.

Good luck on the sale, Hope it goes fast for what you want....

Dave....

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
belfert

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 07:25:30 AM »

I didn't know you had a really small space. You probably did the right thing going for the finish of the extra rooms.
Makes perfect sense.

My house isn't really that small.  It just only had one bedroom to start.  The house was 1,400 square feet not including basement before the two bedrooms were finished.

Getting back to buses, I am hoping a friend of mine might let me park the bus at his house so I can work on it while my house is for sale.
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 02:37:10 PM »

Well we just this past Saturday got a verbal agreement from someone to buy our old 1100sq foot 3 br 2 bath home home that we bought 12 yrs ago for 145K as is and we bought  it for 73K. Not bad for living there 12 yrs and doing nothing more than new carpet, new roof and new paint! Oh and a little landscaping timbers and stone for an RV pad!  Grin

Now to get it in writing when we return from our much needed vacation!   Roll Eyes

Ace

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
edvanland

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 03:13:16 PM »

ACE:
Wish I had a least a verbal commitment on my place.  Had it for sale for over a year and no takers.  Had a few lookers but that is all. My place has a lot of room 35 by 70 foot garage 17 feet tall with a 1500 sq foot shop and 900 sq foot guest house.  Just need a bus nut with money and then I can retire.
ED
MCI 7
Full time wannabe

Ed Van
MCI 7
Cornville, AZ
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2007, 04:17:47 PM »

Brian,
As a certified home inspector, I can offer some free advice concerning your sale. Feel free to give me a call at five four O, five nine one, five two one nine, and I'll be glad to offer some free advice that might be helpful in a sucessful sale. 
Dennis 

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2007, 05:13:48 PM »

I feel for you, Brian. One of our friends is trying to sell their home. The realtor said there are currently 12 houses on the market for every buyer looking. They've had comments on the home they are trying to sell (and it's a NICE home) like, "Great house, but the wall paper in the front room dates it."  So she's taking the wall paper off the front room today! There are so may homes on the market now that buyers can be ultra picky.

Well, if you run out of money to fix up yours, I know someone who'd be interested in that new Powertech generator  Roll Eyes

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
ChuckMC9

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2007, 06:28:16 PM »

Now to get it in writing when we return from our much needed vacation!   Roll Eyes
Ummm, don't mean to butt in, but wouldn't you want to get it writing before your vaca?
belfert

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2007, 06:43:03 PM »

I feel for you, Brian. One of our friends is trying to sell their home. The realtor said there are currently 12 houses on the market for every buyer looking. They've had comments on the home they are trying to sell (and it's a NICE home) like, "Great house, but the wall paper in the front room dates it."  So she's taking the wall paper off the front room today! There are so may homes on the market now that buyers can be ultra picky.

I'm not terribly worried about selling my house.  The market for mid priced homes in good condition seems to have picked up a little bit.  My house is very new and I've not done anything like wallpaper so I don't think redecorating will be in order.

My goal is to be ready to put my house on the market on June 18th.  If I'm not ready then I may hold off if not ready by July 1st.  I figure if it doesn't sell by labor day I'll just wait until spring to try again.  I don't have to sell.
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2007, 08:38:36 PM »

Well seeing as how our 4 day vacation starts this coming friday, and our home that were selling still has "stauff" in it, it's not possible. Besides, there is a lot of paperwork to sort out since were not going thru a realtor.
Ace

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: