Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 12:22:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wiring plan  (Read 2041 times)
revbusnut

Ignore
« on: May 07, 2006, 06:49:07 PM »

7.5 genset, 50 amp service, 24v bus, 24v 2500 watt inverter, 2 roof ac's small 120 refrig. and 120hwater.  Need help on wire plan, size of wire.... I am using old winnebago system plug off the main panel,  genset will go to a receptical.....Help.
JerryH

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 07:20:13 PM »

I'd suggest checking your amp and wattage requirements for all devices and utilities first.  Do the math to assign load and circuit requirements.  Don't over extend any single circuit.  Make sure you have proper wire gauge for circuits.  Check AC units for lock rotor draw (during start up).

Use following list for amp vs. wire gauge.

Amps = Watts / 120

15 amps > 14g wire
20 amps > 12g wire
30 amps > 10g wire
40 amps > 8g wire
65 amps > 6g wire

More information at;
http://www.amplepower.com/primer/gauge/index.html

Be careful with your work.  Do the math, have it verified to be sure.
Good luck,

Jerry H.
Danny

87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 08:33:32 AM »

Good information - I need that too in the future!

Thanks,
Danny

I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 09:50:22 AM »

I'd suggest checking your amp and wattage requirements for all devices and utilities first. Do the math to assign load and circuit requirements. Don't over extend any single circuit. Make sure you have proper wire gauge for circuits. Check AC units for lock rotor draw (during start up).

Use following list for amp vs. wire gauge.

Amps = Watts / 120

15 amps > 14g wire
20 amps > 12g wire
30 amps > 10g wire
40 amps > 8g wire
65 amps > 6g wire

More information at;
http://http://www.amplepower.com/primer/gauge/index.html

Be careful with your work. Do the math, have it verified to be sure.
Good luck,

Jerry H.

I do not believe you ever size wire for LRA. Typically FLA plus 20% is what I believe.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
JerryH

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 06:09:10 PM »

I do not believe you ever size wire for LRA. Typically FLA plus 20% is what I believe.
Richard

Although I wasn't specific, the locked rotor wasn't regarding wire size, but rather Inverter and Genset output.  Sorry!

Jerry H.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: