Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 19, 2014, 11:54:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bus out of the shop with new paint and don't know how to post a picture  (Read 2386 times)
bruceknee

Ignore
« on: May 22, 2007, 03:19:04 AM »

I know why places like Star Jet charge so much for paint jobs! When it looks like all of the prep work is finished, there is still a weeks worth of work to do. Next step will be the graphics but here is a shot of what is done so far. It finally doesn't look like a project anymore.

I figured it out
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 03:31:37 AM by bruceknee » Logged
gr8njt

MCI-9 Crusader II

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 04:04:42 AM »

Looking great Bruce!
And I've got to see it this weekend

****1982 MCI-9 Crusader-II Bus Conversion****
R&M 102 C-3 style Front & Rear cap with louver kit
smooth side kit, dash-board kit, one piece siding
Dreamscape

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 04:07:32 AM »

Very nice job. I know after the paint job it seemed well worth the effort. Beautiful coach.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 04:29:08 AM »

Fantastic  job on bus Bruce,
What else would anyone expect.  Again, great job on bus.
Gary

Gary
Dallas

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 04:41:22 AM »

Bruce,

We'll all miss the old paint!  Cheesy

Out with the old and in with the new! Looks great!

Dallas
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 05:03:33 AM »

Hi Bruce,

Looks Great!

You did paint both sides this time didn't you!....Lol

I can't wait to see it!

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 06:14:48 AM »

Great looking bus-just don't ruin the nice clean lines of that paint job with too much more.  I can't tell you how much I detest the swirly "full coach" paint jobs that everyone is using.  So now you have an original design and hope you don't gravitate towards what everyone else is doing!

Also- I think that's the first A3 that I've seen with a roof raise!  What is your headroom inside now?  Did you do a drop ceiling for A/C ducts?  I personally love the lines of the A3-especially the front-it's very powerful.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
belfert

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 09:28:02 AM »

I'm curious what type of paint you used.  Is there a clear coat?  The clear coat on my bus has peeled off in places especially on the roof.  I'm not sure I want to use clear coat again.

Once I get settled into a garage for my bus I want to paint my bus.  I plan to do the roof first to get a little practice before tackling the rest of the bus.

Brian Elfert
superpickle

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 01:34:18 PM »

Wow, Very nice.. I guess mine will have to be in the "Rat Coach" class  Grin

Support Global Warming:
Drive an SUV.
JerryH

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 04:26:23 AM »

Hey Bruce:
Bill said a few buses were painted ... should I get mine in line? Smiley
Jerry H.

ps: Have a good weekend, wish we could make it.

I know why places like Star Jet charge so much for paint jobs! When it looks like all of the prep work is finished, there is still a weeks worth of work to do. Next step will be the graphics but here is a shot of what is done so far. It finally doesn't look like a project anymore.

I figured it out
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 10:09:07 AM »

Awesome! Don't kill it with too many "Tribal Warrior Graphics"! Looks nice as is, maybe a stripe or two! Ya don't wanna make resemble one of those "glitzy S & S units!" LOL! BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
cody

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2007, 10:51:23 AM »

Looks great, I guess I'm old fashioned but I just don't care for all the dips and swirls and multiple graphics of some of the new S&S units, my dad used to say "timeless elegance and grace", I never knew if he was talking about women or buses but I liked the thought lol.  Some of the new paint jobs just seem to busy for me. 
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2007, 10:05:36 PM »

Looks GREAT !  Can I do the same in Blue.  I'm in the middle of painting my bus.  Sanded on it, ALL weekend.  Hope to have it sprayed this week.
Learning as I go....

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
bruceknee

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2007, 04:50:52 AM »

Hey Jerry,
We are going to keep painting busses, we have one coming in next week and yours could be next.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: