Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 30, 2014, 10:21:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I ran with the Big Dogs  (Read 3851 times)
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2007, 07:04:34 PM »

Man I would have loved to have been on that run. I tried to talk my better half into one of those about 30 years ago that we looked at at the LA County Fair, but she was a no go.

BTW, Did you come up the Pasadena Freeway thru Pasadena?
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
prevost82
82 Prevost 8V92ta 6 speed

82 Prevost Marathon XL

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2007, 08:02:29 PM »

"More Please" ...pictures
Gary '79 5C

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2007, 06:05:36 AM »

Congrats to  you Big Dogs.
Those are a life time of Bussin' memories in one trip. Would have loved to been there. I only get close to a ScenicCruiser in Luke's Yard.
Just a lot of work and dedication to keep that 50+ year old vehicle going.
Love you sharing with us.....

Gary

Experience is something you get Just after you needed it....
Ocean City, NJ
superpickle

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2007, 09:05:18 AM »

Reading your account of the event and seeing the pics, brings Tears to my eyes..
WOW WOW WOW ,, what an event .
Would be Wonderful if we ALL could get together at the Grand Canyon for a few days..
Shrek wont be ready to travil for a few weeks.. Undecided

Sweety has an appointment in Houston with surgeon to evaluate her for a Heart Loung transplant.. Im hopeing we can go in Shrek. 

Sorry, probably didnt tell about Advanced Endstage COPD Sweety has..
We are Hopeful though..  Grin
Paul..

Support Global Warming:
Drive an SUV.
Bosshosssport96

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2007, 04:36:43 PM »

Here are some photos of the cruisers,this photo is Uncle Willys ride,all 525 horses....Frank
Bosshosssport96

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2007, 04:49:40 PM »

This here ride is hot rods Chads,likes to race other buses down the main drag of Laughlin
Bosshosssport96

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2007, 05:32:03 PM »

Phils cruiser,this brother truly loves his ride,only man I know that drives his cruiser down to get a hamburger,and thru the drive thru at that
Bosshosssport96

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2007, 05:45:01 PM »

This here cruiser belongs to Brian,he to has a 8V92 stuffed in his,nice
Bosshosssport96

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2007, 06:07:56 PM »

This ones mine,its maiden voyage since being painted...........Frank
ChuckMC9

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2007, 06:52:22 PM »

I won't have to go lookin' for any of them nekkid girls on the internets tonite after seeing those.  Grin
Man, what a gas.  Errr, what a diesel? Wink Thanks for the photos!
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2007, 04:27:39 AM »

Totally awesome! Where can I find a senic cruiser in reasonable shape to build? I just found a new love! Don't get me wrong, I still love my Setra seated coaches for hauling people! But I totally dig those ol' gals! Wow wiish I coulda been along the path to have seen an heard those beauties go scream'n by! Maybe some day I'll get the time, $ and a shell to start my own conversion. But until then I'll just sit read'n about those who have cool ol' beauties like these, do'n cool things like this! What would be really cool is if they actually had someone take enough notes and pictures to do a story in the magazine! BK  Grin  

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Bosshosssport96

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2007, 01:16:51 PM »

We got all the notes,as well as a lot of pictures,hell,we even got it Videotaped.A gentleman named Mandy and his wife Videotaped the event.I know where you can get a cruiser,that has a big cam cummins with a 13 speed,floor has been lowered,walls have been panalled,has all the glass,for sale.Have told a couple of people about it,don't know if their serious tho.They want $6000.00 for it......Frank
Bosshosssport96

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2007, 07:22:00 PM »

Hey Paul (super pickle) what kind of coach is the shrek?Huh??....Frank
msheldon

1954 GMC PD4501-066 8v71TA

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2007, 07:24:49 PM »

Totally awesome! Where can I find a senic cruiser in reasonable shape to build?

There's two yahoo groups dedicated to Sceicruisers. Folks on that list often know when one comes around. And, just keep your eyes open. One or two have come up on Ebay in the past year. It only took me a couple months to find mine.

One thing to keep in mind though, if you find a seated cruiser, you may want to put the word out rather than buying it to convert. Seated cruisers are getting very rare, and there are a few folks who are doing full out restorations. Converted and partly converted coaches are not uncommon.
prevost82
82 Prevost 8V92ta 6 speed

82 Prevost Marathon XL

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2007, 08:47:32 PM »

Great pic's guy ... would have loved to see that line running down 66 ...great stuff. Love your ride Frank you've done a beauty job on it.
Ron
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: