Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 03:19:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wayyy off topic Monster hog  (Read 1129 times)
wvanative

Ignore
« on: May 26, 2007, 03:37:57 PM »

Did you guys get a load of this monster. An 11yr old shot this thing in Alabama, its estimated at over 1050 lbs. A possible new record. This kid shot his first deer at age five. If I have to go to Battle I want this kid next to me LOL. Nice hog kid.

WVaNative
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 03:40:17 PM by wvanative » Logged

Dean Hamilton Villa Grove, IL East Central IL. Near Champaign
Still Dreaming and planning
cody

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 03:42:47 PM »

So when is the BBQ?
Dallas

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 03:54:09 PM »

Snopes.com says it could be real, but the numbers haven't been verified yet.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/hogzilla.asp

The boys father has set up a website:

http://www.monsterpig.com/
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 03:56:01 PM by Dallas » Logged
captain ron

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 11:21:23 PM »

So when is the BBQ?
All next year Grin
superpickle

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 03:54:13 PM »

In My opinion, I think if it lived long enough to get THAT BIG, it should have earned the right to Live on..
I will never understand folks that want to KILL everything...
Well, one more young Killer in the world...  Undecided

Support Global Warming:
Drive an SUV.
Kristinsgrandpa

1988 Neoplan AN 340, 6V-92 TA DDEC II, HT 748 ATEC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 06:23:43 PM »

superpickle,

That hog is what is called a feral hog. They are tame hogs that have escaped and gone wild. Since they are not a native game animal there is no closed season on them.

They are so thick some states have a bounty on them. The crop damage runs into the billions of dollars every year.

The farmers kill them for the meat and to prevent crop damage, as they are actually tame hogs, little recompense for the damage they do.

Now if you don't want the hogs killed just donate a couple of thousand dollars every year to nice farmer and he'll probably oblige you.

The next time you buy some veggies think about how much cheaper they would be if the hogs didn't destroy a large percentage of the crops.

Ed.

I'm very conservative, " I started life with nothing and still have most of it left".
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 07:20:41 PM »

Tolerance can be a good thing while you are gathering more knowledge.

Be careful in your comments towards other hobbies which you may not understand.  Undecided
Some think those that drive motor homes should be taxed more for burning so much fuel.  Huh
Lots of people think all old vehicles are inefficient & should be crushed.  Shocked
Some states are passing legislation to limit the age of vehicles in commercial fleets. That is one that is gonna hurt us bad!

Personally, I don't care much for hunting or fishing. I am aware of what happens when certain game populations get out of hand (local airport has a devil of a time landing planes safely with dozens of deer crossing the runways).

I also know there is loads I don't know, so I am happy for those that enjoy their hobby responsably.  Smiley

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
cody

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 07:51:52 PM »

Kyle, a lot of truth to those statements, whether I agree with something or not doesn't matter, many people enjoy what I may not find interesting or may not have much knowledge about, we all have to respect the many diverse hobbies and activities others have.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: