Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 26, 2014, 09:24:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leavin' the "Engine Run" switch on (?)  (Read 2162 times)
WEC4104

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2007, 02:31:22 PM »

Thanks for the add'l info Len. It is very likely you are right about the audible buzzer being lost in the conversion to negative ground (long before my purchase).  I checked around the rear door area and there is no sign of any switch left in that area. I have a new switch to install and have already run new wiring to the dash area.

Selenium rectifiers? Is that right next to the flux capacitor?  Grin  I think I'll dump the selenium rectifiers and replace them with dilithium crystals.  That outta get my Detroit Warp Drive unit rocking.

If you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough.
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2007, 02:41:57 PM »

Selenium Rectifiers are for Real. They are the predecessor of the silicon diodes that most people nowadays are familiar with. They use a combination of selenium to make a one way device.

It they are still installed in your 4104, they are in the electrical compartment beside the drivers left arm. They are typically red in color, about 1.5 inches square and consist of several flat pieces of metal with a bolt in the center to hold them together.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: