Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 08:51:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Working while busing  (Read 1371 times)
JT4SC

Ignore
« on: May 29, 2007, 09:36:43 AM »

My wife and I are planning a 5 month road trip around Canada and the US.  I plan on working 3 days a week from the bus while we travel.  My plan is to work on the three days a week we are driving from place to place.  The other 4 days we will spend doing tourist stuff around the area we finally settle.
My question is for those that may have tried to both work and travel before, how did you schedule driving and working time?  Did you find the best way to work and travel was to get the work done while you were driving from city to city, or was it easier to focus on one or the other??

Thanks for your help.  As we get closer to leaving I will post our itinerary so everyone can chime in on what to see in certain places and what to avoid. 
Thanks again! Smiley
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 01:36:55 PM »

get the work done while you were driving from city to city,

Curious how you can work and drive at the same time?

Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
cody

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 01:40:20 PM »

That would be multitasking, I'm not good at that, my wife used to yell at me for pulling over everytime I wanted to take a chew of my gum. lol
coolbus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 04:21:03 PM »

Richard

It's not that hard once you get used to it. I make hand made fishing lures & hand tied flies. Some of my best ones are gotten during a long trip. Especially in the flat country. Sometimes you don't really have to look up but once every couple of minutes. Makes the time fly... !

Shocked

Mark
wvanative

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 06:25:16 PM »

Richard

It's not that hard once you get used to it. I make hand made fishing lures & hand tied flies. Some of my best ones are gotten during a long trip. Especially in the flat country. Sometimes you don't really have to look up but once every couple of minutes. Makes the time fly... !

Shocked

Mark
Wow" I can see it now the whole fly tying station mounted on the bus steering wheel as the bus hurls toward immanent distruction at 90 mph. Looking up only once every couple of minutes. Yes dogs, cats, moose, elk, frogs, poor little bunny's, little old lady's with their aluminum walkers crushed and mangled and strewn all across North America their lives cut short for the perfect lure.

Don't take me too seriously I'm just having a little fun as this image struck my minds eye, as kind of funny. LOL I love this bus board.

WVaNative

Dean Hamilton Villa Grove, IL East Central IL. Near Champaign
Still Dreaming and planning
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 08:18:43 PM »

I guess your wife is a good driver.  Could work!

could time it too.     work some, drive some...., 

reccomend to concentrate on one or the other with some seperation between from the distractions of the other.

Plus you'll need to blog it.  Keep us posted!

what is your job by the way?

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
captain ron

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 08:23:10 PM »

Multi tasking, women do it all the time. Most women can only put on makeup while driving Grin
You can do it
prevost82
82 Prevost 8V92ta 6 speed

82 Prevost Marathon XL

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 08:38:13 PM »

I work out of my bus but never while I'm driving.

If you not planning to go very far each day, what I do is get up early and work a couple of hrs then wake the princess up with a cup of coffee and work another hour while the princess gets ready, usually just before 10 am, the princess makes a sandwich for lunch as we go down the road . We put on 200 miles and end up at the campground around 2:30, setup the bus, unload the Harleys and go touring. Stay in that area a couple of days or so, I get up early and work ... wake princess with coffee ... you get the picture. We usually stay in one place between 2 to 7 days for exploring the area .. depending how muck there is to see. So I can get alot done in this way, no having all the distraction of the office you can be way more productive.
Ron
JT4SC

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 11:03:55 PM »

I am in the loan business (not the best of times right now as you know).  Luckily I am independent and dont work out of an office so away we go on our trip.  We do plan on blogging it.  Cant wait, we have never done anything even close to this so it should be interesting...   Shocked
captain ron

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 06:44:19 AM »

I work out of my bus but never while I'm driving.

If you not planning to go very far each day, what I do is get up early and work a couple of hrs then wake the princess up with a cup of coffee and work another hour while the princess gets ready, usually just before 10 am, the princess makes a sandwich for lunch as we go down the road . We put on 200 miles and end up at the campground around 2:30, setup the bus, unload the Harleys and go touring. Stay in that area a couple of days or so, I get up early and work ... wake princess with coffee ... you get the picture. We usually stay in one place between 2 to 7 days for exploring the area .. depending how muck there is to see. So I can get alot done in this way, no having all the distraction of the office you can be way more productive.
Ron

Kind of like Groundhog Day ........... in Heaven  Grin
prevost82
82 Prevost 8V92ta 6 speed

82 Prevost Marathon XL

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 08:52:15 AM »

Yea .... never thought of it that way, Ron   Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: