Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 23, 2014, 05:22:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vesta tires?  (Read 3009 times)
Danny

87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...

Ignore
« on: June 03, 2007, 12:39:01 PM »

I went to Sam's today and got some batteries and saw that they sell 22.5 tires.  What thoughts are out there on the Vesta brand of tire?

Thanks,
Danny

I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 02:00:44 PM »

never heard of them.

lots of weight ratings on 22.5....these might be for light duty, or even SUV
NJT 5573

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 04:05:56 PM »

Look on the tire, bet it don't say made in Japan or USA. Guessing China, so far I would only put made in China tires on a trailer, and then I want to see what a set looks like when they are run out first before I would put them on a trailer. Is Sams going to mount them? Cheap tires are never cheap in the long run. At least keep a brand name tire on the steer axel.

"Ammo Warrior" Keepers Of The Peace, Creators Of Destruction.
Gold is the money of Kings, Silver is the money of Gentlemen, Barter is the money of Peasants, Debt is the money of Slaves.

$1M in $1000 bills = 8 inches high.
$1B in $1000 bills = 800 feet high.
$1T in $1000 bills = 142 miles high
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 04:49:18 PM »

Doesn't really instill confidence when you can't even pull them up in a Google search.  That said, I have been impressed with the quality of other "nobody" brands of things Sams has come out with before.  But like NJT 5573, I wouldn't trust them on the steers.
belfert

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 05:00:45 PM »

Sam's Club won't install the RV/Commercial tires they are now selling.  The price wasn't particularly good for a generic tire not mounted or anything.
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 09:42:56 PM »

Just remember that tires are more than big rubber black things that rotate.  Just look at the big tire manufacturers like Michelin, Goodyear, Firestone, Bridgestone, Dunlop, Yokohoma, Oitsu, etc to see how many different tire tread types and construction in one particular tire size (like 11R-22.5).  Be more picky about tires other than just the price.  It can make the difference between a nice handling and riding bus, to a harder riding tire that is noisy, and short lived.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 10:52:25 AM »

Are you sure that those aren't tires for a car or suv?

There is a 22.5" tire on some of the custom car wheels.
They only weigh about 40 lbs each. with a 2 inch sidewall.
( Not my idea of real tires either !!! )

Not the same as the 200+ lbs of rubber a bus needs.

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 11:20:28 AM »

Are you sure that those aren't tires for a car or suv?

There is a 22.5" tire on some of the custom car wheels.
They only weigh about 40 lbs each. with a 2 inch sidewall.
( Not my idea of real tires either !!! )

Not the same as the 200+ lbs of rubber a bus needs.

DrDave,
I'd love to trick out one of my buses some day. Does this mean I could just fill 'm with something heavy? LOL! 
BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 11:46:01 AM »

The "ART" of tricking out your bus consists of buying the best tires with the best tread that you can afford that will last you 5 to 7 years. Maybe some Polished Aluminum rims and things like that.

A 30,000+ lb bus is not a thing to risk taking chances on "TRICK" rims or rubber since lives are at risk if you mess up. You really mess up.

I know that was in jest... Buuuuuttt..

Also, Looks like the Vesta brand is Chinese and handled by a marketing/distribution/import company. They apparently do make truck tires in China from what little info there was available. There were limited notes on some of the RV sites but nothing specific to say whether they were good or bad.

There was a mention of a Vesta Brand truck tire in Europe but hard to find info on them other than they also may be a chinese import. There was something about a truck tire explosion and Vesta Tires but when I went looking for specifics I couldn't find that reference again.

Maybe someone else will find some info later....

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: