Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 01:46:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Had 4 bandag recaps fitted on the drives  (Read 4436 times)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2006, 03:02:08 PM »

Regardless of quality, If you abuse anything long enough, it will fail.

Strictly following proper tire inflation & loading is not the only requirement for not abusing a tire. Road debris can obviously abuse a tire. Letting one go flat can break the belts in the sidewall even if it never moved. Curb hopping aint' real good for 'em either.

Modern techniques (Bandag for example) for retreading are excellent, so I don't have a problem with retreads due to the new rubber tread vulcanized on.

For my use, the issue I have with retreads (& used tires) is that I don't know the history of the tire. I am also concerned with age.

I recently have been exposed to what happens when old tires are put in service on a utility trailer, never close to tire load limit & air always checked before any trip, but the 4 tires are delaminating & blistering one after another. For me, the hassle of dealing with these tires is not worth the $ saved.

For me, I will prefer to have new tires every 5 years & will budget funds acordingly.

Maybe I can find a trucking company that will buy my old tires to help offset the cost of the new ones.

Maybe I'll win the lottery....

kyle4501

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: