Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 23, 2014, 08:51:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any reasons not to use a motorhome entry door on a bus?  (Read 6707 times)
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2007, 06:11:21 PM »

Dallas,

Not only is it a "fine door"

Look at the craftsmanship and planning.

When was the last time if ever you saw a Dutch door on the entry of a bus?

Also, the door saving, hinge it to swing in and avoid taking it off on a fire hydrant feature!

Very Cool!  LOL

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
belfert

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2007, 06:20:05 PM »

Geez, Brian has pictures of everything!

I'm starting to get a bit ticked that my bus isn't here yet.  I was told at 7 pm he was on his way to deliver it and it takes less than 45 minutes from where the shop is.  (it is 8:15 pm here.)  It is starting to get dark and it is very difficult to back the bus in when it is dark.  (He offered to drive it back because he cancelled three appointments for me to pick it up.)

I found the battery charger for the camera and should be able to take a picture of the door tomorrow.
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2007, 07:35:12 PM »

Yep, that's a door from an S&S...I'd recognize it anywhere.  TEE HEE!
Dennis 

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2007, 08:12:04 PM »

I can't take pictures of something that doesn't exist.  My bus isn't back yet.   Supposed to be back in an hour, but my camera batteries are dead.  I need to find the charger.                 

Buy some you  Grin tight wad! Grin  Grin LOL! Grin If I had your  Grin$Grin I'd use mine to start a fire! LOL! Brian I know you can buy'm shoot I broke down and bought a brand new (outdated digital camera tonight myself!!) LOL!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 10:12:08 PM by Busted Knuckle » Logged

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
belfert

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2007, 09:14:09 PM »

BK, I don't have any $$.  I spent it all on my bus.  I did get the camera batteries charged up.

The bad news is the guy working on the bus wanted me to meet him at his other shop near my house.  He said he had some minor fixes to do on the bus before he gave it to me.  It needed a LOT more than minor work!  The door was not even riveted in fully and he didn't even have the correct rivets!

He shouldn't have told me the bus was ready to pick up when it wasn't even close to being ready!  The good news is that everything looked real good.  So, I might not have the bus for a few more days.
prevost82
82 Prevost 8V92ta 6 speed

82 Prevost Marathon XL

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2007, 09:21:27 PM »

Good to hear that he didn't butcher it and it looks good.
Ron
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2007, 04:10:21 PM »

Brian,

How did the door turnout?

Got Pics?

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
belfert

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2007, 08:42:21 PM »

I still don't have the bus back yet!

I went over to the guy's shop and looked at it this evening and he was busy finishing things up.  He was not happy with how it turned out last week and so he ripped it all apart and reskinned it.  He was going to use some cheap rivets, but he was good enough to order the same rivets I used.

It will be back at my house Saturday no matter what.  I have keys for the new door and ignition keys and I will go get it if necessary.   I need to start working on the bus to have it ready for my trip in late September.
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2007, 09:38:02 PM »

Sounds good he has the integrity to make sure its done right, or at least to his satifaction.  Better it takes longer - although I guess that's pretty frustrating for you!

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
belfert

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2007, 06:14:31 AM »

Sounds good he has the integrity to make sure its done right, or at least to his satifaction.  Better it takes longer - although I guess that's pretty frustrating for you!

The most frustrating part has actually been a lack of communication from the guy.  If he would simply call me and give me an update I would be a lot happier.

He made several promises that he was going to deliver the bus on at a certain time on a certain day and never showed up.
Dreamscape

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2007, 07:03:21 AM »

belfert, If he is doing quality work, that's what you really want. Sometimes a guy gets busy and forgets a few things. I understand communication is important, hopefully all will turn out as you want. Hang in there, you don't want to rush him and do a crappy job.

Paul
belfert

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2007, 03:46:38 PM »

I must apologize that I have not taken a picture of my new entry door yet. 

I did not get the bus back from the fabricator until about 9 PM Friday night.  He needs to come back for some final work and has not asked for any money yet at least.
TomCat
It's 4:20 somewhere...

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2007, 06:11:53 PM »

I must apologize that I have not taken a picture of my new entry door yet. 

I did not get the bus back from the fabricator until about 9 PM Friday night.  He needs to come back for some final work and has not asked for any money yet at least.

How about now? Got pics?

Jay
87 SaftLiner

On The High Plains of Colorado
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2007, 07:24:04 PM »

PICS ! We want PICS! Scotty said HE WANTS PICS! Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
belfert

« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2007, 07:41:41 PM »

I completely forgot about taking pictures.  The bus has been back at my house for just over a week.

I will try to remember to take pictures on Tuesday.  I have a digital camera, but I very rarely take pictures as I never look at them if I do spend time taking them.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: