Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 19, 2014, 11:52:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ya meet the nicest people!  (Read 1532 times)
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« on: June 10, 2007, 09:46:00 AM »

Dallas and I love the chance to get to meet other busnuts and this weekend we got another great opportunity.  SlowRider (Ken) and his wife Sue came to SC and we got to meet them first on Saturday morning.  I found out that Dallas and Ken are just alike, they both love starting projects, dreaming and collecting "stuff".  Sue and I think alike and got along great.  We ate all day, talked all day, shopped a bit and had a superdooper time.  Today they came over and Dallas fixed us all breakfast, we looked at busses on ebay and talked lots more. Ken got a welding lession and we got a piece of "yard art".  About noon they left for what I hope is a safe trip home.  We both hated to see them leave and look forward to getting together again in the near future.  They are both real people and I feel we have made two new friends for life.  Being a busnut is wonderful with great people like them out there to get to know!!  Cat

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 02:13:02 PM »

Sorry I missed that get together...but perhaps with a bit more notice we can make it next time.

Sounds like you all had a fun time.  Save some jocularity for the Conrads' visit.

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Dallas

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 02:42:19 PM »

You bet, Bob. Sorry we didn't get to you sooner!

But, here are a few photo's of Slow Rider, the Missus andsome of the original artwork produced by our intrepid artist.
Dallas

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 02:50:17 PM »

Look for this artist having a showing at a gallery near you!

(This piece is built from Bus seat frames and bed rails!)
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 04:32:11 AM »

What's the chances of getting it signed?  LOL

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
Dallas

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 09:05:18 AM »

Tom,

I'd bet dollars to donuts that the artist would be thrilled to sign the piece of, umm, art! yeah, art. that's what I meant to say..... art!
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 11:17:27 AM »

I've seen that piece in the Louvre!  It's called, "Beauty, in repose"!!!

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
Slow Rider
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 02:00:00 PM »

What you saw was a cheap copy, that, is the original.    LOL   No problem Tom I will sign it just for you.

Frank

PS:  Well I would if Dallas  hadn't allready disposed of ahh I mean transfered ownership of it.

The MCI has landed..... We are home.
Dale City Va.  Just a southern suburb of DC
Yes I am a BUSNUT
1976 MCI MC8
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2007, 04:12:43 PM »

Dallas hasn't touched it yet.  It is right where you left it.  Ralph likes lying on the table with his head up against it.  Ya don't mess with "beauty".  Cat

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
Dallas

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007, 04:17:37 PM »

Yeah, It's sitting out in the rain right now increasing it's "patina" adding value even as we speak.

Maybe we can take it to Antiques Roadshow and find out how many Bazillions it's worth!
Green-Hornet

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007, 06:06:27 PM »

Get it on EBay
ASAP Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: