Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
October 18, 2017, 05:14:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a place to park a bus near the D.C. mall?  (Read 3944 times)
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2007, 10:07:55 AM »

Arlington is a no - only parking is while your visiting - on a lighter note if you have a relative buried there they will let you take your bus INTO the cemetary - be careful if you do there are some arches along the internal roadway that are impassible - HTH

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
REK

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2007, 11:22:17 AM »

Laryn:

My wife having seen the Flx, and having used my Mom’s SS is in favor of us getting a coach, when finances allow.  A bigger caveat than I am willing to admit it is but, we will.

I believe that Niles answered your post on Arlington – I simply don't know.

As to Union Station, I know that they have a parking garage however I doubt that they will allow you to park the bus there.  For what it is worth, the parking garage at 1st and Constitution charges $15.00 a day.  I would expect Union Station to be comparable.  I believe that Springfield is you best bet.

Firearms and DC .   .   .   I think that oil & water mix better.  DC will not allow homeowners to keep rifles or shotguns on / in their own property / homes.  I would treat DC the why you should treat Massachusetts, don’t bring a firearm into the state or wannabe state.  {Advice I may not have followed in a previous life but hey, I am pretty sure that the statuette of limitations has run  .  .  .  I think.}

I think the trip to DC is definitely worth a visit.  You should know that the American History Museum is closed for renovations.  I have only seen a small part of the American (All of the Americas – Alaska to Peru) Indian Museum which looks great.  The Air & Space Museum is clearly a favorite and my 5 year old talked us into going into DC on a Saturday to see dinosaurs at the Natural History Museum.

I understand that the Air & Space Annex, next to the Dulles Airport is worth the trip, with an SR-71 and the (B-29) Enola Gay on display.  If you like ~ toys ~ I can heartily recommend that you visit the NRA Museum in Fairfax, VA, just outside the Beltway (Route 495) off of Route 66.  NOTE:  Watch Route 66 during rush hour inside the Beltway as I believe that it becomes an HOV road in only 1 direction.  I am not sure as I haven’t used it however that is my understanding.

Now that we have talked about 3 of my favorite subjects, family, buses and ‘toys’ we get to my third.  You have a far amount of choices in DC, except Deli, Bakeries (1 exception ) and Pizza.  China Town, H Street, between 5th and 8th Streets offers some possibilities.  Capital Q is right on H Street and had great Texas Barbeque the last time I was there.  The American Indian Museum offers 'quasi' authentic dishes however I thought they were on the pricey side, luckily I wasn’t paying .   .   .  directly.  Union Station and all of the Smithsonian Museums have food courts but again, I think that they are pricey, convenient though.  Union Station has the exception on the bakeries, in the basement, at the edge of the Food Court is Vicarros, I cna taste the canoli's now.

I hope that this information helps.  If you have any additional questions, my e-mail address is r_e_kieser@yahoo.com.

Rick

Now, back to my regularly scheduled work day.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: