Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 29, 2014, 04:01:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why "Private Coach"?  (Read 5048 times)
prevost82
82 Prevost 8V92ta 6 speed

82 Prevost Marathon XL

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2007, 09:09:25 PM »

I got behind 3 Prevost entertainer coaches heading into Vancouver. At the weight scale they all pull off (commerical vehicles) and I kept going down the freeway and I saw the scale guy giving me the hairy-eye-ball as I went by (there's a 4th Prevost making a run for it). A couple miles down the road I was stop ... the cop said he got a call to check me out ... so he did and drove away. If I had a Private Coach sign it may not have happen .. but I probably never be in that situation again. Still haven't bought a sign ...LOL
Ron
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 06:10:19 AM »

While my MC5A really doesn't look like a hound or a revenue bus it still has all the original windows.  So, to take the pressure off a rookie Deputy or Trooper I added the "Private Coach" emblems on the sides.

I haven't been flagged or stopped....thankfully.

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Brian Diehl

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2007, 09:54:11 AM »

I got pulled over in South Dakota for not having them after i went pass a weigh station but they want RV to stop at the weigh station

I've been through this scale... The signs clearly state "ALL" vehicles over xxx GVW MUST stop.  When the scales say all vehicles explicitly I stop.  Doesn't take more than a minute and then I'm on my way.  I have nothing to hide and don't mind making a cops day a little bit easier.
bus05eagle

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2007, 10:08:36 AM »

Brian your right its 26,000 lbs in most states and most of us weigh about 30,000 plus i am at 38,400
Stan

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2007, 12:28:27 PM »

On the requirement to stop at weigh scales, most places (but not all) exempt RVs.  They reserve the right to put you on the scales and do enforce axle weight limits in their jurisdiction, which is frequently less than the Fed limits for interstates. Also note that axle weight limits on the highway are not the maximum weight set by the axle manufacturer.

It has become common for the S&S builders of diesel coaches to use a 23,000 pound rear axle and then use that number to calculate the maximum  gross and tare weight on the axle.  These numbers are only valid if you never drive it on a public road.
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2007, 10:44:14 PM »

Jump Back !!!!!

Are we suppost to stop at weight stations?   I never had, never been stopped.  Of course, I've only been busing since Oct.   

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
prevost82
82 Prevost 8V92ta 6 speed

82 Prevost Marathon XL

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2007, 10:50:23 PM »

Bill ... busses and RV's are exempt from scales in most states and provinces. As Stan said every once in a while they will.
Ron
cody

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2007, 06:39:32 AM »

Here is an interesting twist to this situation, I talked to a MDOT friend last night, here in Michigan RV's are not subject to weigh scale checks, however, if a person voluntarily entered one, would that also make the vehicle subject to an inspection?  He seemed to think it could because the scale serves several functions besides weighing vehicles, safety inspections are also performed on some if the scale operator feels it should be done.  I have no problem with a safety inspection but it would have to be my choice and not mandated by some operator that is having a bad day, and what if they found something that they didn't like, could they flag me?  Of course, with Eagles, haveing them weighed periodically is a good thing, we pay for our plates based on the weight lol.
Slow Rider
Global Moderator

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2007, 04:50:50 PM »

Then you should get it weighed Cody, as fast as the rust falls from an Eagle, you will be paying less and less.   Smiley

Frank

The MCI has landed..... We are home.
Dale City Va.  Just a southern suburb of DC
Yes I am a BUSNUT
1976 MCI MC8
cody

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2007, 06:34:49 PM »

lol frank, as the side walls fall away, will I have to change it to a public coach? lol
Dreamscape

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2007, 01:18:56 PM »

Just posted on eBay   http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170123815267&ssPageName=ADME:B:FSEL:MT:1

This is what we got for our Eagle. I am very happy with how they look.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
WEC4104

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2007, 01:45:25 PM »

Cody:

Is this your "public bus"?

If you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough.
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2007, 06:27:04 PM »

OMG!!!

Lay off the refritos frijoles DUDE!!!

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2007, 06:41:08 PM »

Cody, you don't have to put up with this!  And from Frank...the notorious Busnot!

Just teasing guys...but give Cody a break...he didn't know that MCI's don't rust like Eagles!  Grin

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: