Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 01, 2014, 09:29:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: mci-9 wont air-up  (Read 1495 times)
Busnut83

Ignore
« on: May 10, 2006, 01:33:05 PM »

The dryer is leaking air in the front... Problem is i have a dirt drive-way and there is not enough room to get under the bus... Help ,,, what can I do Huh??

FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 02:26:00 PM »

Probably a good time to build a set of ramps.

Mine are made out of 2 X12 's screwed and bolted together.

They travel with me in the back bay.

There also great for getting the bus up if you get a flat, so you can get the jack underneath.

Make them a little long as these things don't climb up them like a car or truck.

Cliff
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 02:33:18 PM by Floridacracker » Logged

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
DrDave

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 03:29:14 PM »

The drain valve is stuck. Maybe you can turn the wheels to the right far enough to reach in there
and give it a sharp pop with a small hammer ( the tip that hangs down ) ( Not hard or you could break it! )

Sometimes it will pop it loose so that you can air up.....
ChuckMC8

1977 MC8 and 1993 102C3 Temple Ga #322 F&AM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 03:43:12 PM »

There is a trick to fix this- take a 1" x 2" or so peice of wood cut it about 4' long. Just start a 2" sheetrock screw (or similar screw) and leave 1-1/2" sticking up (head up).
  Take da tool (was da stick) and reach under the bus with the engine running and hit the purge valve with the screw. The valve gets rust and crud and stick in the open position. Tapping with the screw just knocks it back in.
I hope I explained that well enough to help. I discarded my stick when I rebuilt my dryer and purge valve. I had to use it several times before rebuilding the dryer-

Far better is it to dare mighty things,to win glorious triumphs,even though they may be checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much,because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.  Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 06:33:52 PM »

You can also get some pneumatic lube and remove the air inlet to the compressor and squirt some in the intake.
Sometimes this will free the sticky valves in the compressor.

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
darrenayres

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 09:28:51 AM »

Ditto, Cracker!

I built a set of 2X10 ramps and carried them in my MC9 everywhere I went. They also help if you blow a tag axle tire and need to get it up to put the chain on.

Darren
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: