Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 01:15:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus Owners in Texas  (Read 3361 times)
Dreamscape

« on: June 25, 2007, 09:10:38 AM »

Would be nice if all Texas Bus Owners would post their location on the MAK Board Map, if you have not already done so. Would be nice to see locations and those who might be interested in a gathering of sorts in the future. I am sure BusNots would also be welcome. A central location would be nice, but not necessary. I know it is hard to plan such events, schedules and such. Some events are too far away for all to attend those events.
Something to think about. For those interested please respond. I may be dreaming of this, but it has to start somewhere.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
luvrbus

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 09:39:39 AM »

Paul that would be great to have one in the hill country there is a lot of buses in OK an KS that need something close for them instead of 1500 miles away i hope to have my house built soon if the title co ever gets through with a few problems they left out the first time
Dreamscape

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 09:56:10 AM »

That sounds great. Will wait and see who responds with interest.

Hope your house problem gets fixed, hope to see you again.

Paul
David Anderson

South Texas in the Eagle Ford Shale area

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 10:34:20 AM »

Ok,

Help me out here.  I've clicked around on the MAK board and haven't found the map. 

I'll post my position if you tell me how to do it.

David Anderson
Pleasanton, TX

Update:

Found it and entered my location.   Thanks
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 07:51:36 PM by David Anderson » Logged
bus05eagle

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 10:39:18 AM »

I think that would be great i live in Houston always would like to go to Jacks rally but the dates are wrong for me have the kids coming home for the holidays and by the time they leave don't have time to get there a central rally would be great for people in the central part of USA hope you can make it work
Dallas

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 10:50:27 AM »

Ok,

Help me out here.  I've clicked around on the MAK board and haven't found the map. 

I'll post my position if you tell me how to do it.

David Anderson
Pleasanton, TX

Here's the link to the MAK map:  MAK MAP

You can also find it in the "Board Help" section under "MAK MAP"
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 10:52:00 AM by Dallas » Logged
dwbruner

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 03:52:57 PM »

I'm north of Dallas and would love to be a part of a "Texas Bus Roundup" with a bunch of busnuts.  Grin

Darrin

Darrin Bruner
1985 Eagle Model 10
vaunter

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 03:59:36 PM »

im in seguin outside of SA
Dreamscape

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 04:09:25 PM »

"Texas Bus Roundup" Great name Darrin!

My proposal is this. First day of travel and getting situated, 2 or 3 days of Bus Nut Talk, making new friends, swapping tales etc., last day travel out to home. Nothing fancy, just good times by all. Food to be brought by all, then at noon or evening a group dinner potluck.

Add your thoughts as time permits. Input is valuable.

As for a place to meet, is undecided at this time. Clifford (luvrbus) suggested the hill country. Not sure where that is, my wife said maybe Austin area. Whatever is agreed to by all.

Thoughts please!

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
rayshound

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 06:56:11 PM »

Sounds great to me. I'm 40 mi south of Houston would be willing to travel if I can get the correct schedule at work. Ray
Frank @ TX

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2007, 08:43:23 PM »

Yea, I was Frank @ PA, but since we moved to the Kerrville TX area a few months ago I should change it to Frank @ TX.
A get-together sounds good.
Count me in. Thanks "Dreamscape".

MC-9, 5 speed manual trans, 6V92

Frank
luvrbus

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 09:07:38 PM »

Paul, Frank lives in the hill country
coolbus

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007, 10:43:56 PM »

when I lived in Texas, I worked on a ranch in Bay City, TX. The pastures are 'named' so as to identify.

One pasture was called "hill pasture". When I inquired as to why it was calle 'hill pasture', I was asked: See that house over there?

I said "yes"

"can you see the foundation"?

"No"

"That is because of the 'hill' between us & the house"

Mark
Dreamscape

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2007, 03:22:04 AM »

Great response so far. Other owners in close state locations are welcome to attend also. Just wanted to have a gathering close to south central USA.
For those that do not have their email address listed on their profile, please send it to me via personal message or personal email. Look at my profile it is listed. Would be much easier to communicate, and not plugging up this board. Then when the final date and time are decided it can be posted.

Two major questions to be answered, Location and Time of Year. Does anyone have suggestions for location? Hill country has been mentioned, is that doable for everyone? I am leaning toward Austin area. As I am new to these parts I do not have knowledge of a good location for a bunch of buses. Are hookups to be required? Or can we dry camp for a few days, more suggestions please. I have also considered central to those who live farther north and south.
I was thinking of a cooler time of the year, maybe early fall. Would that work for us? Don't want to interfere with holidays and such.
So far 10 have showed interest. Must think of an area that can handle a group of this size, and larger if more would like to come.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
Greg Roberts

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2007, 06:09:31 AM »

Sounds like a good idea to me too. I would much rather see a rally develop in the San Antonio area. SA has much to do and the traffic situation is way better than Austin. I know a good RV park in SA if we want to go that route. I am not sure where we could go for a dry camping rally.

Check out my Eagle 20 here: http://photobucket.com/GregRobertsEagle20
bus05eagle

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2007, 06:42:19 AM »

Greg is right about the traffic in Austin area San Antonio and the hill country area would be the best bet i don't know when deer season starts any more but the hill country gets a lot of people that time of the year
ChuckMC9

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2007, 07:42:51 AM »

Paul, I sent you a PM but am not sure it went thru.

I'm in Dallas and know of a COE between here and Denton which has a group area for 20-30 coaches. Not the charm of the Hill Country but not bad at all.

Would be very interested in YOU taking charge of the event!~ SmileySmileySmiley

-Chuck
Dreamscape

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2007, 07:49:12 AM »

Chuck, I did and sent you a reply back.

Thanks,

Paul
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2007, 07:56:03 AM »

You might want to contact Tejas Coach Works and see if they would be interested in helping sponsor something. 50 miles west of Ft. Worth.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Dreamscape

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2007, 07:57:42 AM »

That's a great idea Richard. I had not thought of that. I will contact them shortly.

Thanks again,

Paul
luvrbus

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2007, 08:20:37 AM »

Paul ,Chuck has a good point maybe a spot on one of the Lakes and draw a people from OK and Kansas Sonny Gray is in that area and may know of good places to have a rally
Dreamscape

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2007, 09:02:44 AM »

Looked up Sonny Gray in the member list, don't know his poster name. Help Please, anyone have an idea?

Paul
Greg Roberts

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2007, 09:24:15 AM »

How about New Beaunfels area during the Wurstfest around November 2 11? Nearby there is the COE Potter's Creek Park area (http://corpslakes.usace.army.mil/visitors/projects2.cfm?Id=M202590&StartRow=11) that might be the ticket. There is plenty to do in the area, the time is right and the wursfest is a nice side bar.

Check out my Eagle 20 here: http://photobucket.com/GregRobertsEagle20
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2007, 09:44:57 AM »

Looked up Sonny Gray in the member list, don't know his poster name. Help Please, anyone have an idea?

Paul
His handle is catskinner, but I can not find him either. Will keep looking.

Richard

Here it is:

sonniegray@earthlink.net

Catskinner!
Sonnie Gray
72 0/5 Eagle 3406 Cat
Pottsboro, Texas

Richard
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 09:48:52 AM by DrivingMissLazy » Logged

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
luvrbus

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2007, 09:49:23 AM »

his email is sonniegray@earthlink.net i have his phone but don't know if he wants it posted
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2007, 10:02:04 AM »

Paul

Sonnie is AKA Catskinner ! He has one of the coolest Eagles you'll ever lay eyes on! He's done a ton of magnificent work on it. Most notable is the CAT engine conversion! I love it! BK  Grin

"Walk'n that dawg, kick'n that possum, Hav'n a big ol' CAT is totally awesome!"

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
luvrbus

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2007, 10:04:40 AM »

Greg,beer, sausage and koloches sound good with other German food
Dreamscape

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2007, 10:14:34 AM »

Thanks Richard,

I sent him an email, will see what happens. I would like to see his coach for sure.

Did someone mention beer and sausage!

Paul
Runcutter

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2007, 10:35:43 AM »

Paul, we'd be interested too - we're just north of Dallas.   The 4107 should be ready for its first trip before long (since getting back from the purchase run last summer). 

A couple of thoughts - there's a Forest Festival in Lufkin (East Texas) in September.  I haven't been there, so don't have knowledge of location, parking, etc.  Also, the Texas State Railroad runs steam between Rusk and Palestine, and JLV (Roadrunnertexas) is in Palestine, so he may have knowledge of facilities. 

Arthur

Arthur Gaudet    Carrollton (Dallas area) Texas 
1968 PD-4107

Working in the bus industry provides us a great opportunity - to be of service to others
Dreamscape

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2007, 10:59:20 AM »

Just received an email from JLV regarding the same description of the area he lives in. That also sounds like a neat place.

I will look at all options that are posted and make some kind of decision soon.

Arthur aka runcutter, Good to hear of your interest also. This is going to great when it all comes together.

Paul
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 11:03:00 AM by Dreamscape » Logged
ChuckMC9

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2007, 11:47:58 AM »

Thoughts -

- North TX would allow easier access for surrounding states, perhaps, but I'm not lobbying for that. I do know of several places in the area.
- I spoke to Charles at Tejas just the other day, and have been out to his shop. There may be some tie-in, but I don't think his property would be the best. Mineral Wells SP is right by there, and is a great place. (just west of FoWo)
- Lufkin has no RV parks, fwik, but are some out in the boonies with swamps and mosquitos. Wink
- Rusk Railroad is either in or nearby a state park
- There are rally places I've read of on both Escapees and iRV2.com, and there's a lot of resources out there for investigating places to hold it. There's a popular one in Boerne, and one in Burleson that are frequently mentioned.
- Dry camping won't work for me yet!!! Ain't got no generator yet! Sad
- On the first Monday of each month, there's one of the largest outdoor swapmeets in the country, in Canton, just east of Dallas, with lots of parks around there.

OK, those are my random thoughts. Wish I had time to be thoughtful about it right now, perhaps someone else can think thru some options...
Dreamscape

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2007, 02:01:35 PM »

I will be leaving for Knoxville TN in the morning until around July 6th on business. I will check in nightly to read posts.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
Catskinner!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2007, 04:08:14 PM »

Paul

I live about 80 miles north of Dallas, right on the Texas/Oklahoma border
at Lake Texoma.  I am leaving tomorrow to go to Minneapolis to watch
my 12 yr. old Grandaughter play in the Volleyball Nationals.  I will get in
touch with you when I get back.

Catskinner!