Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 12:47:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus Owners in Texas  (Read 3335 times)
bus05eagle

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2007, 06:42:19 AM »

Greg is right about the traffic in Austin area San Antonio and the hill country area would be the best bet i don't know when deer season starts any more but the hill country gets a lot of people that time of the year
ChuckMC9

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2007, 07:42:51 AM »

Paul, I sent you a PM but am not sure it went thru.

I'm in Dallas and know of a COE between here and Denton which has a group area for 20-30 coaches. Not the charm of the Hill Country but not bad at all.

Would be very interested in YOU taking charge of the event!~ SmileySmileySmiley

-Chuck
Dreamscape

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2007, 07:49:12 AM »

Chuck, I did and sent you a reply back.

Thanks,

Paul
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2007, 07:56:03 AM »

You might want to contact Tejas Coach Works and see if they would be interested in helping sponsor something. 50 miles west of Ft. Worth.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Dreamscape

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2007, 07:57:42 AM »

That's a great idea Richard. I had not thought of that. I will contact them shortly.

Thanks again,

Paul
luvrbus

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2007, 08:20:37 AM »

Paul ,Chuck has a good point maybe a spot on one of the Lakes and draw a people from OK and Kansas Sonny Gray is in that area and may know of good places to have a rally
Dreamscape

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2007, 09:02:44 AM »

Looked up Sonny Gray in the member list, don't know his poster name. Help Please, anyone have an idea?

Paul
Greg Roberts

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2007, 09:24:15 AM »

How about New Beaunfels area during the Wurstfest around November 2 11? Nearby there is the COE Potter's Creek Park area (http://corpslakes.usace.army.mil/visitors/projects2.cfm?Id=M202590&StartRow=11) that might be the ticket. There is plenty to do in the area, the time is right and the wursfest is a nice side bar.

Check out my Eagle 20 here: http://photobucket.com/GregRobertsEagle20
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2007, 09:44:57 AM »

Looked up Sonny Gray in the member list, don't know his poster name. Help Please, anyone have an idea?

Paul
His handle is catskinner, but I can not find him either. Will keep looking.

Richard

Here it is:

sonniegray@earthlink.net

Catskinner!
Sonnie Gray
72 0/5 Eagle 3406 Cat
Pottsboro, Texas

Richard
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 09:48:52 AM by DrivingMissLazy » Logged

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
luvrbus

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2007, 09:49:23 AM »

his email is sonniegray@earthlink.net i have his phone but don't know if he wants it posted
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2007, 10:02:04 AM »

Paul

Sonnie is AKA Catskinner ! He has one of the coolest Eagles you'll ever lay eyes on! He's done a ton of magnificent work on it. Most notable is the CAT engine conversion! I love it! BK  Grin

"Walk'n that dawg, kick'n that possum, Hav'n a big ol' CAT is totally awesome!"

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
luvrbus

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2007, 10:04:40 AM »

Greg,beer, sausage and koloches sound good with other German food
Dreamscape

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2007, 10:14:34 AM »

Thanks Richard,

I sent him an email, will see what happens. I would like to see his coach for sure.

Did someone mention beer and sausage!

Paul
Runcutter

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2007, 10:35:43 AM »

Paul, we'd be interested too - we're just north of Dallas.   The 4107 should be ready for its first trip before long (since getting back from the purchase run last summer). 

A couple of thoughts - there's a Forest Festival in Lufkin (East Texas) in September.  I haven't been there, so don't have knowledge of location, parking, etc.  Also, the Texas State Railroad runs steam between Rusk and Palestine, and JLV (Roadrunnertexas) is in Palestine, so he may have knowledge of facilities. 

Arthur

Arthur Gaudet    Carrollton (Dallas area) Texas 
1968 PD-4107

Working in the bus industry provides us a great opportunity - to be of service to others
Dreamscape

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2007, 10:59:20 AM »

Just received an email from JLV regarding the same description of the area he lives in. That also sounds like a neat place.

I will look at all options that are posted and make some kind of decision soon.

Arthur aka runcutter, Good to hear of your interest also. This is going to great when it all comes together.

Paul
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 11:03:00 AM by Dreamscape » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: