Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 22, 2014, 06:17:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus Owners in Texas  (Read 3142 times)
ChuckMC9

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2007, 11:47:58 AM »

Thoughts -

- North TX would allow easier access for surrounding states, perhaps, but I'm not lobbying for that. I do know of several places in the area.
- I spoke to Charles at Tejas just the other day, and have been out to his shop. There may be some tie-in, but I don't think his property would be the best. Mineral Wells SP is right by there, and is a great place. (just west of FoWo)
- Lufkin has no RV parks, fwik, but are some out in the boonies with swamps and mosquitos. Wink
- Rusk Railroad is either in or nearby a state park
- There are rally places I've read of on both Escapees and iRV2.com, and there's a lot of resources out there for investigating places to hold it. There's a popular one in Boerne, and one in Burleson that are frequently mentioned.
- Dry camping won't work for me yet!!! Ain't got no generator yet! Sad
- On the first Monday of each month, there's one of the largest outdoor swapmeets in the country, in Canton, just east of Dallas, with lots of parks around there.

OK, those are my random thoughts. Wish I had time to be thoughtful about it right now, perhaps someone else can think thru some options...
Dreamscape

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2007, 02:01:35 PM »

I will be leaving for Knoxville TN in the morning until around July 6th on business. I will check in nightly to read posts.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
Catskinner!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2007, 04:08:14 PM »

Paul

I live about 80 miles north of Dallas, right on the Texas/Oklahoma border
at Lake Texoma.  I am leaving tomorrow to go to Minneapolis to watch
my 12 yr. old Grandaughter play in the Volleyball Nationals.  I will get in
touch with you when I get back.

Catskinner!