Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 01, 2014, 12:59:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: help with wiring short  (Read 2004 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2007, 11:14:03 AM »

i promised to post our status, so here goes.
as i said, i thought i'd get time today to check and correct stuff.  Grabbed the voltmeter and tool bag and went to the rear to turn batteries on so i could start checking voltage on the switch.  Walked back into the bus.  Hmmm, no buzzer. Nuts, the batteries went dead somehow.  Turned the switch on and all the lights and buzzers came on.  Not the batteries.  i wiggled wires, pushed buttons, moved levers, but i could not get anything to malfunction.  Well, as long as i already have the dashboard open, let me work on the wipers and get them going.  Turned the knob and the wipers started!!! Shocked

I'm now even more of a believer.  This Eagle knew i wanted to go somewhere and tomorrow is Friday.  It just wanted some attention in between trips.  Obviously, she is a lady and TLC works.  Maybe i'll rename it "The Magic Bus" and paint stars on the sides. Grin

Or did one of you swing by and fix all this stuff last nite??  Next time, please show me what you did or direct my efforts.

Since none of the problems seems to be a critical issue, i'm going to wait for it to crop up again, i guess.

Yes I stopped by an took care of it for you! I had to rewire everything from the switch to the relays to the battery compartment!  Didn't you find the invoice from "Busted Knuckle Garages Mobile Middle of the Repair Service" I left on the steering wheel? If not give me a fax # and I'll refax it too you! Or you can just send a check along with your preregistration info to "Dallas 'N' Cat's TN FALL BUS BASH at Knuckle's Place" and we'll call it even! LOL! By the way at our normal rates of $50.00 an hr X the 48 hrs we spent on it it equals $2,400.00 (so yer getting quite a deal on it! LOL ! BK Grin

Opps I forgot that was the "Middle of the Night Crew" there rate is $150.00/hr so that'd be $7,200.00 LOL!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 11:15:49 AM by Busted Knuckle » Logged

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2007, 08:40:18 PM »

hey thanks, BK!  someone said Gremlins and i thought you were larger than that , but whatever.  i'll bring the cash with me, just fax the invoice to 1900-idntcare. 
hopefully see you in the fall. 

if not, the check will be in the mail. Wink

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2007, 05:53:01 AM »

hey thanks, BK!  someone said Gremlins and i thought you were larger than that , but whatever. 

He's not much bigger than a Gremlin.  Kinda looks like one, too Wink

Sorry BK. Couldn't resist. Tried, but couldn't.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2007, 08:06:38 AM »

He's not much bigger than a Gremlin.  Kinda looks like one, too Wink

Sorry BK. Couldn't resist. Tried, but couldn't.

I hear ya Gumpy! That's OK we'll be joking around plenty at the "TN FALL BUS BASH - Or whatever Dallas 'n Cat name it! LOL" We are gonna be able to count on you being here, aren't we? I thought maybe you could show off some of your great work and do some sorta seminar, maybe even finish another project on your bus in the process. (with lots of free help! LOL!)

HEY EVERYBODY come to the "TN FALL BUS BASH" and learn from the famous "GUMPY!"

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2007, 11:13:15 AM »

It's unlikely I'll be able to make it, but when is it scheduled?  I'll put it on the calendar and maybe a miracle will happen.

I'm fixing to put up a new post which shows my latest project on the bus. It's not much, but I'm pretty pleased with it.

craig

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: