Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 29, 2014, 01:10:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for Part for Onan DJE diesel generator engine?? OT ...  (Read 3602 times)
DrDave

« on: May 12, 2006, 05:22:03 AM »

I am looking for the fuel injection pump unit or parts for an Onan 6.0 DJE 3CE/223AF Diesel Generator engine.

It is a Diesel Kiki ( PFR ) series injection system. 2-cyl, off an air cooled 2-cyl engine. ( cam driven )

What I really need are the two small gear/cogs that control the flow rods inside the unit.

Does anyone have an old and maybe junk engine/generator that has anything like this?

I am waiting for the parts manual to get the factory part numbers so that I can order them but of I can find
parts from someones junkpile I would rather do that if possible.

I know the normal sources and have already started looking at them, Just wondered if anyone might have something
laying around anyway that was available cheap....

Dave....
NCbob

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 08:00:46 AM »

Sure wish I could turn back the clock, Dave.  When I retired I'll bet I had at least one of the 2 cylinder pumps and 3 of the 4 cylinder units.  They were just cores which I brought with me from south FL when I moved to the mountains.  I never did find any of the Diesel J family of generators here so when cleaning out the parts room at the end I just threw them out.

I'll ask some of my friends who are still active if they have any of the Old Kikki pumps...perhaps I can locate a 'freebie' for you.

NCbob
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 08:30:55 AM »

Hi Dave,

If you bomb out elswhere, try this guy. He found parts for my dad's old onan. I also ordered parts for my 12.5 from him.

http://stores.ebay.com/CURTIS-SERVICE-CORPORATION_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

1-866-300-0839

He runs a ebay store and also offline, here in N.J.

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
DrDave

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 10:05:41 AM »

Hi Dave,

If you bomb out elswhere, try this guy. He found parts for my dad's old onan. I also ordered parts for my 12.5 from him.

http://http://stores.ebay.com/CURTIS-SERVICE-CORPORATION_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

1-866-300-0839

He runs a ebay store and also offline, here in N.J.

Nick-

Sent them a note, Thanks Nick... Wink

Got the parts manual in the mail today and wouldn't you just know that the 2 little parts that I need are
not shown or listed in the breakdown list.

The only thing that I can find is the main part number for the assembly 147-0355
which must include the two parts and springs. The picture is there but not detailed out.
DrDave

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 07:13:47 PM »

Well that was a bust.. Nick, Your guy couldn't find the parts even after cross referencing to another number.
what he came up with was an old price of $385 but nobody has them.

Honestly, I would have to kinda worry about a supplier who has a website and contact email that rejects
mail because there's no such account. When I mentioned this, he said it's not important and that they
only use eBay contact email now. Funny that I got the website address from eBay.. May just be growing pains???

Anyway, Still looking for the old-used parts if anyone has any.....

I am looking for the fuel injection pump unit or parts for an Onan 6.0 DJE 3CE/223AF Diesel Generator engine.

It is a Diesel Kiki ( PFR ) series injection system. 2-cyl, off an air cooled 2-cyl engine. ( cam driven )

What I really need are the two small gear/cogs that control the flow rods inside the unit.

Does anyone have an old and maybe junk engine/generator that has anything like this?

I am waiting for the parts manual to get the factory part numbers so that I can order them but of I can find
parts from someones junkpile I would rather do that if possible.

I know the normal sources and have already started looking at them, Just wondered if anyone might have something
laying around anyway that was available cheap....

Dave....

Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 08:12:33 PM »

Sorry Dave,

He was pretty good with us, mabe like you said about growing pains.

The only other people to try would be Cummins/onan. You have one in north Orlando, the one I stopped at before

I stopped at your house back in Feb.

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2006, 05:39:17 AM »

Dave,
   Might check with Dave Metzger in VA. 434-589-2415. He has a generator repair business and an MC-7 with an 8V92 in it (at one time he had a 12V71 in that bus). I called him about a pump for the 2 clyindewr water cooled Onan diesel I have and all he had at that time was a new pump (around 350). So I decided to have mine rebuilt locally expecting to pay about 1/2 the price of a new pump. I ended up paying almost as much as the new one. Oh well, live and learn.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
dogfoot

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2006, 07:38:10 AM »

Try www.smokstak.com   Mostly devoted to keeping the old Onans going.Hope this helps,
             Dogfoot
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2006, 10:25:56 AM »

Try www.smokstak.com   Mostly devoted to keeping the old Onans going.Hope this helps,
             Dogfoot

Here is another place to try. Probably more than you ever wanted to know::

http://www.perr.com/

Richard
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 10:27:33 AM by Driving MissLazy » Logged

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
DrDave

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2006, 12:06:02 PM »

Well, after a number of dead ends and prices that I fear are going to be way more than the
whole generator is worth. I decided to knuckle down and actually rebuild the small geared
parts myself.

So armed with a fresh stock of $2.00 worth of stainless lathe turned stock I found at acme
I have machined and tig welded up pretty much what I need. I can lathe turn and grind down
with the dremel the parts that were damaged.

So far so good.. I did run into a small problem, I forgot how the parts all came out of the injector
pump housing and it took me about an hour to figure out how they all should fit back together.

Kinda like pulling the engine out of your bus, and later after having it out for a while trying to
remember how it all goes back in. I always have spare parts left... Undecided

This is after the first try.... and failure... Looks much different now...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: