Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
June 19, 2018, 09:14:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More Hero Members! 27 Jun 07  (Read 3536 times)
Dallas

« on: June 27, 2007, 03:40:58 PM »

H3Jim              Hero Member     2006-04-11     610         
jjrbus             Hero Member     2006-04-09     534    
DrDave-Reloaded     Hero Member    2006-06-10       512    
Dreamscape           Hero Member    2006-10-15      509     

Welcome to the ranks of The Few, The Proud, The Talkative!
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 05:24:19 PM »

I think many of the nuts, never learned to keyboard!! Its a shame there is a lot of pent up talent out there. It takes them too long to type anything. fortunately in High School I looked around and the typing class was all girls. So I took typing.  Grin Roll Eyes I don't think they would have let me take home economics!

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
pete81eaglefanasty

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 05:25:25 PM »

Does that mean that they talk to much, Or others just don't talk enough.

Pete & Jean
             Fantasy

WHAT EVER YOU DO, OR TO WHO YOU DO IT TOO, DO IT WITH A SMILE, IT MAKES IT LEGAL THAT WAY.
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 05:59:25 PM »

Working on computers forced me to learn to type...

Sort of high speed Hunt & Peck with a lot of looking at the keyboard...

I knew a programmer that could code at 10,000 keystrokes an hour.
He could write a basic/fortran program code faster than you could explain
what you wanted the program to do... I was always stunned .....

His wife could pound out over 12,000 an hour @ 98% accuracy...

I use 3 to 4 fingers spanning both hands.. I may get 30 words a minute
with 50 mistakes per second.....

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 06:16:34 PM »

Hi All,

thiss bord 4ced mee too lern how too tipe.

Its a goud thing four speel cker....... elss eyed woodent bee abell too speel...  Grin Grin

Nik

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Connel
Eagle 05 w/Ser60 & HD4060PR

Day Eagle landed & before total rebuild.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 06:36:01 PM »

I think if the truth be told Nick types with his toes!! Shocked Roll Eyes Grin

Central Oklahoma

Refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 06:42:13 PM »

I think if the truth be told Nick types with his toes!! Shocked Roll Eyes Grin

Man Connel, Your Good... How did you know that?

Truth is, I have to because my hands are always busy picking up phones this time of year.

Nick-

Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Connel
Eagle 05 w/Ser60 & HD4060PR

Day Eagle landed & before total rebuild.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 06:50:12 PM »

Nick,
Being an investigator for 21 years makes one think outside the box sometimes.

You need the phone to ring off the hook this time of year - that is when you make enough money to go through the long winter slow times.  My son-in-law has a H/A business - know what you are going through.  Only problem here is it has rained almost every day for the last month.  Really hurts new construction and slows down everthing else.

Connel

Central Oklahoma

Refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 07:39:05 PM »

Connel,

I know the feeling.

Yesterday and today were the first 90+ deg. days this month... I fuel off of Heat Waves!  Shocked

Nick-

Dreamscape

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 08:19:02 PM »

Geeeezzz Guys....

After reading the previous posts.....I'm beginning to wonder what I have gotten myself into..... Grin Grin Grin

Someone has to do it, right?

When I got drafted in 69 the Army took note of my typing skills and I worked for the Captain of our company at Ft. Ord CA for 18 months. That's on a two year draft. I also took typing in High School, not many guys did that back then. Not sure if I would do it again. Working with computers now it has helped a lot. Let's me program faster. So I guess it was worth it.

Nick, what's SPELL CHECK.....Huh

Paul
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2007, 09:05:26 PM »

Paul, the button at the bottom of the posting area titled "spell check".  If I ferget, thehn mi splling gits bahd!
Clicking on that button, instead of "Post" will highlight what it thinks are mis-spellings.

Kind Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 07:41:54 AM »

Paul, the button at the bottom of the posting area titled "spell check".  If I ferget, thehn mi splling gits bahd!
Clicking on that button, instead of "Post" will highlight what it thinks are mis-spellings.

Kind Regards, Phil

And if you use Firefox, instead of I/E, it will underline the mispelled words as you type. Much faster and easier than the I/E spell check. In fact, it underlined mispelled as I am typing this. the correct spelling is actually misspelled it says.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Dallas

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2007, 07:52:09 AM »

Kind Regards, Phil

And if you use Firefox, instead of I/E, it will underline the mispelled words as you type. Much faster and easier than the I/E spell check. In fact, it underlined mispelled as I am typing this. the correct spelling is actually misspelled it says.
Richard

Besides Spell check, there are lots of other very useful extensions for firefox too. At the top of the window, go to >tools >Extensions and in the bottom left corner of the little window click on "Get More Extensions"
A good one that I use is "Ad Block Plus" which blocks a lot of unwanted junk in loading a page and is congiurable for the rest.
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2007, 10:27:03 AM »

Kind Regards, Phil

Richard

Besides Spell check, there are lots of other very useful extensions for firefox too. At the top of the window, go to >tools >Extensions and in the bottom left corner of the little window click on "Get More Extensions"
A good one that I use is "Ad Block Plus" which blocks a lot of unwanted junk in loading a page and is congiurable for the rest.

Dallas, Help. I do not get an Extensions box when I open tools. Any idea why that would be?
Richarr

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Dallas

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2007, 11:13:28 AM »

Kind Regards, Phil

Richard

Dallas, Help. I do not get an Extensions box when I open tools. Any idea why that would be?
Richarr

Probably because you are using Firefox 2.0 while I'm happy with Firefox 1.5.0.12

Even though FF2.0 is a whole new upgrade, It has lost some features that I like, like the extensions feature.

You may try going to the help section and type in "Extensions", and see if it gives you a link to Mozilla where you can add more features.

In other words,.... damifino!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: