Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 20, 2014, 02:58:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MC-9 interior measurements  (Read 1362 times)
orangepeel91

Ignore
« on: May 12, 2006, 08:03:57 AM »

OK guys I take delivery of an 82 mc-9 July 1st. I'd really like to start work on my floor plan but do not have one of the most basic measurements. How long is the floor from the rear wall to the stepwell? I'm not worrried about the section of floor that steps up over the engine since it will be either under the bed or under the nightstands. I just need the total useable length I have to work with.
Thanks
Sean
El-Sonador

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 08:16:03 AM »

OK guys I take delivery of an 82 mc-9 July 1st. I'd really like to start work on my floor plan but do not have one of the most basic measurements. How long is the floor from the rear wall to the stepwell? I'm not worrried about the section of floor that steps up over the engine since it will be either under the bed or under the nightstands. I just need the total useable length I have to work with.
Thanks
Sean

Aprox 33 feet takes you from the bottom of the ramp at the front step-well to the front face of the engine compartment [where you plan to place your night stands.]

Give or take an inch or so...

This should get you started for a rough draft...

Steve
orangepeel91

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 08:46:28 AM »

Thankyou and yes it will. The layout I have in mind is somewhat unconventional and will eat a lot of space but it will suit me. It kind of depends how narrow I can make the kitchen and how short I can get the bathroom. I'm trying to get the entiore kitchen on one side of the bus. Actually shouldn't be too hard. Not like we cook at home so no need for a cooktop. Mostly weekend trips so an apartment size friidge will do nicely and no fricking dinette. We don't use the dining room at home there is no way you can convince me to waste the space in a bus.

Sean
El-Sonador

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 10:37:24 AM »

Thankyou and yes it will. The layout I have in mind is somewhat unconventional and will eat a lot of space but it will suit me. It kind of depends how narrow I can make the kitchen and how short I can get the bathroom. I'm trying to get the entiore kitchen on one side of the bus. Actually shouldn't be too hard. Not like we cook at home so no need for a cooktop. Mostly weekend trips so an apartment size friidge will do nicely and no fricking dinette. We don't use the dining room at home there is no way you can convince me to waste the space in a bus.

Sean

I have many photos of the entire interior conversion on my Web Site at...
http://www.niagarawireless.com/El_Sonador/
Feel free to take what you need.

I am sure that other members may have some interior shots also...

Good luck with your project...

Steve
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 06:51:43 PM »

http://www.busnut.com/bbs/messages/233/5135.html .
That link will give you the inside measurements.

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: