Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 22, 2014, 03:21:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OK It's almost that time of year again! NW TN FALL BUS BASH! maybe?  (Read 3065 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« on: June 29, 2007, 06:10:30 PM »

OK folks, heres the deal! I've been asked by several folks was I gonna do another bus rally this yr! Well at first I didn't know what I wanted to do, then after looking back at the flop of last years I said NO. Then came a newcomer to the picture (actually 2 of them) maybe?! Looks as though our very own loveable, talented, and quite capable (just don't ask what he's capable of, we may not wanna know that bad!LOL!) Dallas & Cat are gonna be head'n West (to West TN for a spell that is). Well Dallas n I talked on the phone an well I told him I was gonna put a leak out there about it to see what kinda response we get! So here it is! Since I've been busier than ever with the bus business this year, I really don't expect to have a lot of time to do this. But it just so happens that Dallas and Cat are probably gonna be here, and are willing to help me put it on (although basically the way things look it'd probably be Dallas and Cat doing 95% of it!). So who's up for it? And when in the FALL do we wanna do this? I ain't gonna make no promises, except that if Dallas and Cat get enough response that they wanna use our property like it's theirs (and it will be!), and do this then they are quite welcome to do so! I'll do what I can to help , but business come first, and I want everyone to know (especially them! LOL!) that basically it's gonna be Dallas and Cat's shindig if they commit to it ! ! ! So let's get some feedback, get with Dallas n Cat let them know who's in, who's out, whens good, and whens not! BUT KEEP IN MIND THIS IS ONLY A LEAK OF WHAT COULD BE DONE, IT IS NOT OFFICAL YET! It is only a test to see who'd be interested, it is not the actual thing.
No bus nuts were harmed during this test!

ONE LAST THING! PLEASE POST YOUR RESPONSE SO EVERYONE CAN SEE WHO ELSE THAT THEY WANNA MEET OR COME SPEND TIME WITH WILL BE HERE! THANKS ! !!! BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
belfert

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 06:20:45 PM »

I would highly suggest doing it earlier in the fall this time.  All the cool rainy weather scared people off last time.  (I didn't think it was that cool, but it depends on what you are used to.)  One good thing is the Delaware rally is earlier this year and Timmonsville is being replaced by your rally.

I most likely can't make it this year unless some things change.  I will be on a 4,000 mile trip with the bus at the end of September.  I'll be out of vacation at that point unless my July vacation gets cancelled or shortened.  (Looking more and more likely.)
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 06:22:59 PM »

Where ya go'n on yer 4000 mile trip? Maybe we could have it in September and you could pass thru. Just a thought! FWIW! BK Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Jerry Liebler

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 06:23:38 PM »

BK,
   Would this be called Timmonsville #3 then?  Northing's absolute but I'll sure try to be there.   I'd want to come a few days early and get my leveling system in.  Do you think Dallas is gonna do a pig?
Regards
Jerry 4107 1120
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 06:31:54 PM »

Jerry, if Dallas doesn't straighten up...he will BE the pig.  I loved planning our last 2 rally's and will gladly take on the challenge of another one.  I hope to hear from lots of you that you plan to try to make it whenever we have it.  Just let us know some good date choices.  I know we can't please everyone but we will do our best to please as many of you as we can. Cat

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
belfert

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 06:33:52 PM »

Where ya go'n on yer 4000 mile trip? Maybe we could have it in September and you could pass thru. Just a thought! FWIW! BK Grin

Heading from Minneapolis to Des Moines and then west to Reno.  Sorry, but nowhere close to Tennesee.  Besides, I don't think the other guys would like to stop at a bus rally.  We're going to basically drive straight through to Reno to maximize our time in Reno.  Three or four of the guys I trust to drive the bus as they've all driven big vehicles.  A Series 60 is a fair bit more difficult to blow up than a Detroit 2 stroke.  The plans are to leave Sept 25th and be back home on Oct 2nd.
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 06:49:26 PM »

Jerry, if Dallas doesn't straighten up...he will BE the pig.  I loved planning our last 2 rally's and will gladly take on the challenge of another one.  I hope to hear from lots of you that you plan to try to make it whenever we have it.  Just let us know some good date choices.  I know we can't please everyone but we will do our best to please as many of you as we can. Cat

Ah opps! Well if he don't straighten up, I have a friend who'll do an awesome job of roasting him ahh I mean it! (The pig that is! LOL!)

And Hello Cat, I guess I really shoulda asked the boss not the flunky! But I'm pleased to see your on board! See ya when ya'll get here! By the way I got plenty for Dallas to do to keep him outta trouble for a long timre after ya get here! LOL! BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 06:56:58 PM »

Good, I hope you keep him really busy but remember I ain't no sitter and I want to be busy also.  I can't stand being idle. 

If we don't need Dallas for the pig and he keeps on acting up, he will be cooking his own goose!!!

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 06:59:26 PM »

Good, I hope you keep him really busy but remember I ain't no sitter and I want to be busy also.  I can't stand being idle. 
If we don't need Dallas for the pig and he keeps on acting up, he will be cooking his own goose!!!

Not a problem as I told Dallas I have some things already in mind for you and if they don't suit you we'll find somethin else! I don't see any problem finding something you'll like! BK  Grin

Hmm! GOOSE and PORK YA'LL ! LOL!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 07:01:03 PM by Busted Knuckle » Logged

www.kylakesidetravel.net

HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 07:06:41 PM »

Late September would be optimum for me.  I missed last year because I couldn't make the timing.  But this year looks better in general.

I would love to get my bus over your pit for a couple hours.  Any chance you're going to be able to offer pit time again this year?
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2007, 07:36:24 PM »

Late September would be optimum for me.  I missed last year because I couldn't make the timing.  But this year looks better in general.

I would love to get my bus over your pit for a couple hours.  Any chance you're going to be able to offer pit time again this year?

I'd say yes,buttt..... I'd also have to say ask Dallas as most likely he'll be the man in charge! (while Cat will be the Lady in charge of the man in charge!LOL!)
I see no reason at all why not providing that we don't have a major project hung up in that bay. or Dallas might otherwise be overloaded with time consuming tasks. If I'm lucky enough to be able to be here, I'll see if I can OK it with the new shop foreman (Dallas) to oversee it myself! BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 09:34:42 PM »

How far from Nashville?
Dennis

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2007, 10:08:33 PM »

How far from Nashville?
Dennis

OK I used the route planner as I've been told my times/distances are shorter than reality (Right Paul? LOL !)and it shows 169.8 miles @ 3 HRS 16 MINS using I-40, to exit # 108 HWY 22 which will run you right up to us ! Or 178 miles @ 3 HRS flat going up I-24 to Calvert City, KY and back down the Purchase PKWY and US 51 which also brings you right to us! BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2007, 10:16:15 PM »

BK,
   Would this be called Timmonsville #3 then?  Northing's absolute but I'll sure try to be there.   I'd want to come a few days early and get my leveling system in.  Do you think Dallas is gonna do a pig?
Regards
Jerry 4107 1120

Q #1) Would this be called Timmonsville #3 then?
A) Ahhh, NO it'd be ahhh something, but since it ain't gonna be in Timmonsville I wouldn't think that'd be it! Well on the other hand if that's what Dallas and Cat wanna call it..............
#2) I'd want to come a few days early and get my leveling system in.
A) I don't see any problem at all with that!
#3) Do you think Dallas is gonna do a pig?
A) Ah well, ahg, umm, a see posts between Cat an I for that and you figure it out! LOL!

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Dallas

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2007, 01:58:40 AM »

Cat...
I've been tellin' ya'!

Girls are Sitters
Boys are POINTERS!
Grin
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 02:01:39 AM by Dallas » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: