Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 04:12:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OK It's almost that time of year again! NW TN FALL BUS BASH! maybe?  (Read 3117 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« on: June 29, 2007, 06:10:30 PM »

OK folks, heres the deal! I've been asked by several folks was I gonna do another bus rally this yr! Well at first I didn't know what I wanted to do, then after looking back at the flop of last years I said NO. Then came a newcomer to the picture (actually 2 of them) maybe?! Looks as though our very own loveable, talented, and quite capable (just don't ask what he's capable of, we may not wanna know that bad!LOL!) Dallas & Cat are gonna be head'n West (to West TN for a spell that is). Well Dallas n I talked on the phone an well I told him I was gonna put a leak out there about it to see what kinda response we get! So here it is! Since I've been busier than ever with the bus business this year, I really don't expect to have a lot of time to do this. But it just so happens that Dallas and Cat are probably gonna be here, and are willing to help me put it on (although basically the way things look it'd probably be Dallas and Cat doing 95% of it!). So who's up for it? And when in the FALL do we wanna do this? I ain't gonna make no promises, except that if Dallas and Cat get enough response that they wanna use our property like it's theirs (and it will be!), and do this then they are quite welcome to do so! I'll do what I can to help , but business come first, and I want everyone to know (especially them! LOL!) that basically it's gonna be Dallas and Cat's shindig if they commit to it ! ! ! So let's get some feedback, get with Dallas n Cat let them know who's in, who's out, whens good, and whens not! BUT KEEP IN MIND THIS IS ONLY A LEAK OF WHAT COULD BE DONE, IT IS NOT OFFICAL YET! It is only a test to see who'd be interested, it is not the actual thing.
No bus nuts were harmed during this test!

ONE LAST THING! PLEASE POST YOUR RESPONSE SO EVERYONE CAN SEE WHO ELSE THAT THEY WANNA MEET OR COME SPEND TIME WITH WILL BE HERE! THANKS ! !!! BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
belfert

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 06:20:45 PM »

I would highly suggest doing it earlier in the fall this time.  All the cool rainy weather scared people off last time.  (I didn't think it was that cool, but it depends on what you are used to.)  One good thing is the Delaware rally is earlier this year and Timmonsville is being replaced by your rally.

I most likely can't make it this year unless some things change.  I will be on a 4,000 mile trip with the bus at the end of September.  I'll be out of vacation at that point unless my July vacation gets cancelled or shortened.  (Looking more and more likely.)
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 06:22:59 PM »

Where ya go'n on yer 4000 mile trip? Maybe we could have it in September and you could pass thru. Just a thought! FWIW! BK Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Jerry Liebler

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 06:23:38 PM »

BK,
   Would this be called Timmonsville #3 then?  Northing's absolute but I'll sure try to be there.   I'd want to come a few days early and get my leveling system in.  Do you think Dallas is gonna do a pig?
Regards
Jerry 4107 1120
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 06:31:54 PM »

Jerry, if Dallas doesn't straighten up...he will BE the pig.  I loved planning our last 2 rally's and will gladly take on the challenge of another one.  I hope to hear from lots of you that you plan to try to make it whenever we have it.  Just let us know some good date choices.  I know we can't please everyone but we will do our best to please as many of you as we can. Cat

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
belfert

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 06:33:52 PM »

Where ya go'n on yer 4000 mile trip? Maybe we could have it in September and you could pass thru. Just a thought! FWIW! BK Grin

Heading from Minneapolis to Des Moines and then west to Reno.  Sorry, but nowhere close to Tennesee.  Besides, I don't think the other guys would like to stop at a bus rally.  We're going to basically drive straight through to Reno to maximize our time in Reno.  Three or four of the guys I trust to drive the bus as they've all driven big vehicles.  A Series 60 is a fair bit more difficult to blow up than a Detroit 2 stroke.  The plans are to leave Sept 25th and be back home on Oct 2nd.
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 06:49:26 PM »

Jerry, if Dallas doesn't straighten up...he will BE the pig.  I loved planning our last 2 rally's and will gladly take on the challenge of another one.  I hope to hear from lots of you that you plan to try to make it whenever we have it.  Just let us know some good date choices.  I know we can't please everyone but we will do our best to please as many of you as we can. Cat

Ah opps! Well if he don't straighten up, I have a friend who'll do an awesome job of roasting him ahh I mean it! (The pig that is! LOL!)

And Hello Cat, I guess I really shoulda asked the boss not the flunky! But I'm pleased to see your on board! See ya when ya'll get here! By the way I got plenty for Dallas to do to keep him outta trouble for a long timre after ya get here! LOL! BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 06:56:58 PM »

Good, I hope you keep him really busy but remember I ain't no sitter and I want to be busy also.  I can't stand being idle. 

If we don't need Dallas for the pig and he keeps on acting up, he will be cooking his own goose!!!

Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 06:59:26 PM »

Good, I hope you keep him really busy but remember I ain't no sitter and I want to be busy also.  I can't stand being idle. 
If we don't need Dallas for the pig and he keeps on acting up, he will be cooking his own goose!!!

Not a problem as I told Dallas I have some things already in mind for you and if they don't suit you we'll find somethin else! I don't see any problem finding something you'll like! BK  Grin

Hmm! GOOSE and PORK YA'LL ! LOL!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 07:01:03 PM by Busted Knuckle » Logged

www.kylakesidetravel.net

HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 07:06:41 PM »

Late September would be optimum for me.  I missed last year because I couldn't make the timing.  But this year looks better in general.

I would love to get my bus over your pit for a couple hours.  Any chance you're going to be able to offer pit time again this year?
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2007, 07:36:24 PM »

Late September would be optimum for me.  I missed last year because I couldn't make the timing.  But this year looks better in general.

I would love to get my bus over your pit for a couple hours.  Any chance you're going to be able to offer pit time again this year?

I'd say yes,buttt..... I'd also have to say ask Dallas as most likely he'll be the man in charge! (while Cat will be the Lady in charge of the man in charge!LOL!)
I see no reason at all why not providing that we don't have a major project hung up in that bay. or Dallas might otherwise be overloaded with time consuming tasks. If I'm lucky enough to be able to be here, I'll see if I can OK it with the new shop foreman (Dallas) to oversee it myself! BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 09:34:42 PM »

How far from Nashville?
Dennis

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2007, 10:08:33 PM »

How far from Nashville?
Dennis

OK I used the route planner as I've been told my times/distances are shorter than reality (Right Paul? LOL !)and it shows 169.8 miles @ 3 HRS 16 MINS using I-40, to exit # 108 HWY 22 which will run you right up to us ! Or 178 miles @ 3 HRS flat going up I-24 to Calvert City, KY and back down the Purchase PKWY and US 51 which also brings you right to us! BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2007, 10:16:15 PM »

BK,
   Would this be called Timmonsville #3 then?  Northing's absolute but I'll sure try to be there.   I'd want to come a few days early and get my leveling system in.  Do you think Dallas is gonna do a pig?
Regards
Jerry 4107 1120

Q #1) Would this be called Timmonsville #3 then?
A) Ahhh, NO it'd be ahhh something, but since it ain't gonna be in Timmonsville I wouldn't think that'd be it! Well on the other hand if that's what Dallas and Cat wanna call it..............
#2) I'd want to come a few days early and get my leveling system in.
A) I don't see any problem at all with that!
#3) Do you think Dallas is gonna do a pig?
A) Ah well, ahg, umm, a see posts between Cat an I for that and you figure it out! LOL!

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Dallas

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2007, 01:58:40 AM »

Cat...
I've been tellin' ya'!

Girls are Sitters
Boys are POINTERS!
Grin
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 02:01:39 AM by Dallas » Logged
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2007, 04:51:13 AM »

You might be able to count me as being there this time. ( Unless I kill myself moving! )

I am moving to Bloomington Springs Tennessee next month. I have a nice flat 17 acres
under contract. That is about 70 miles East of Nashville off I-40 @ Hwy 56 North.

If anyone is interested, I will have dry camping space available after I get moved and some
buildings and pads installed. Bring-Yer-Horses-Too! ( Fully fenced Pasture area will be available.)

Dave.....

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2007, 04:00:56 PM »

You might be able to count me as being there this time. ( Unless I kill myself moving! )

I am moving to Bloomington Springs Tennessee next month. I have a nice flat 17 acres
under contract. That is about 70 miles East of Nashville off I-40 @ Hwy 56 North.

If anyone is interested, I will have dry camping space available after I get moved and some
buildings and pads installed. Bring-Yer-Horses-Too! ( Fully fenced Pasture area will be available.)

Dave.....

That's cool! Yer gonna be Danny's neighbor! (or close to it!)

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2007, 10:35:35 AM »

Well since I hadn't seen any more reply's to this I thought I'd bring it up again! If yer even remotely interested in this, give us a couple ideas!

#1) That your'e interested.
#2) When would best suit you!
#3) would it be better or worse if it were timed either the week before, after, or nowhere near another rally! (if the week b-4 or after those traveling to or from the other could use ours as a stop over point in between! FWIW just my thought!)

Come on folks it don't hurt to show yer opinions! BK Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Dallas

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2007, 11:42:08 AM »

Hey BK, I'm gonna put out a couple of dates here and see what happens.

My feelings are somewhere around the beginning of September.

Sept 3rd (Monday) is Labor day so we wouldn't want to mess that up for people and George and Sue Meyers are having the GLCC/FMCA rally in Rochester, Indiana from the 14-16th.

It seems as if the 6-10th would be appropriate as a lot of kids will still be out of school and the weather won't be getting too cold.

There are no other dates on the calendar for up coming rallies in September or October, so let's run it up the flag pole and see what gift horses get kicked in the teeth.

any ideas?

How about we try to get some early attendees into the shop for a looksee and maybe set up for some small projects.

We also need some food ideas because I don't think peanut butter sammiches and beer is gonna please a lot of the finer members of the group.
Maybe we should stock up on ramen noodles just for the ladies!

Come on guys.... Let us know where to go with this!

Dallas

DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2007, 11:45:56 AM »

Texas Bus Roundup September 13-16, 2007

Richard

Hey BK, I'm gonna put out a couple of dates here and see what happens.

My feelings are somewhere around the beginning of September.

Sept 3rd (Monday) is Labor day so we wouldn't want to mess that up for people and George and Sue Meyers are having the GLCC/FMCA rally in Rochester, Indiana from the 14-16th.

It seems as if the 6-10th would be appropriate as a lot of kids will still be out of school and the weather won't be getting too cold.

There are no other dates on the calendar for up coming rallies in September or October, so let's run it up the flag pole and see what gift horses get kicked in the teeth.

any ideas?

How about we try to get some early attendees into the shop for a looksee and maybe set up for some small projects.

We also need some food ideas because I don't think peanut butter sammiches and beer is gonna please a lot of the finer members of the group.
Maybe we should stock up on ramen noodles just for the ladies!

Come on guys.... Let us know where to go with this!

Dallas

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2007, 12:16:38 PM »

Texas Bus Roundup September 13-16, 2007

Richard

This is the one I was thinking of maybe having it the week B-4 or after! 

And yes I agree with the shop use as long as I don't have an emergency repair going on in it (and I really hope we don't!) August would be the ideal time for me as that's our slowest time, but we (you and I will need that month to get some of the projects I have in mind 4 the rally (as well as the rest of the time) done, B-4 the rally ! That way even if I am bus(y) during the rally things will still be easier for you an Cat! One of the projects is some concrete parking pads hopefully with H20 and electricity (and shop air {rest of the yr use! LOL!} to park the fleet on), and a concrete BBQ pit for the HOG! (I still wanna make Matt do the HOG {stuffed with hens} he had promised last yr! But didn't get done because of lack of attendance & funds) Also we need to upgrade the dump, and build the leanto gathering area beside the shop! (I have the lumber, I just need the tin for the roof!). So I vote for a September or October rally date, so we can use Aug to make things nice for those attending when ever it is!

Now for FOOD Ideas! I make an awesome CHILI and can make a very large pot holds more than a 5 gallon bucket! I also fry an awesome Turkey (opps same pot! maybe I could make the chili first and we could put it in smaller pans to warm and serve out of (as everybody knows CHILI is better after it sits and is reheated!), and do the Turkey just before serving (as it is best served right after frying when it is hot, moist and falling off the bone, & melt in your mouth good) or we could get another pot! Gotsta go for now! I'll be back! BK Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2007, 04:49:46 PM »

Sounds to me like Dallas and Cat are moving up there on a more or less permanent basis!
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Dallas

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2007, 05:02:45 PM »

Sounds to me like Dallas and Cat are moving up there on a more or less permanent basis!
Richard

Yes, Richard, We are. At least for awhile.

It's time to navigate new waters, span new oceans, climb to new heights!

But don't worry, I'll still be around to harass you any time you need it!   Grin Grin Grin
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2007, 05:46:56 PM »

Richard

As I told them when "camp mildew" oops I mean "Camp Honey Dew" or what ever the name was closed up, they were welcome here anytime they wanted to come and were welcome to stay as long as they like! Then when they were kicked out of the KOA just because their bus didn't please the owner I re-extended the offer! And it still stands as it did the first time I offered it! As long as they like!

Of course that offer is extended to all of our MEMBERS here on the BOARD!
I know some of you won't put up with me for long! LOL!

When Dallas called told me they'd put a lot of thought into it and asked if the offer still stood. I assured him it did. His next concern was would they be able to find work to support themselves as well as pay their way for staying here. Well I assured Dallas theres always plenty to do around here for both of them to keep busy an earn some extra $ too. After all with Dallas' talents and bus knowledge he's more than welcome to take on any jobs he wants in our shop.
Then Dallas asked if I was planning on putting on another rally (as many others have asked also!), my initial response was I really hadn't planned on it as I got too many irons in the fire already. But I rethought it and what the heck if Dallas 'N Cat are gonna be here and wanna do it. Why not ? ! ? ! ?

So y'all get to planning on coming to the "what ever Dallas 'N Cat wanna call it rally" and show yer support! Maybe we can turn this place into a BUSNUT camp ground, were any and all buses are welcome and as long as they like buses we'll allow S&S's too! I'm planning on about 1/2 a dozen concrete parking pads this year (maybe more it depends on how much free concrete the local Redi-mix company can supply us with and how much we can keep preformed ahead of them so they'll come by and "dump here in the evenings when they have left overs from big jobs" 

If we can we gonna make this a Bus Shop with camping available year 'round! At least until I-69 comes thru and displaces us, then we'll have to find a new place an start over! FWIW BK  Grin

So y'all come on down! We may not call ya Southerners, but we'll do our best not to call ya DAMN Yankees either! (definition of a Damn Yankee; Northerner who comes down to enjoy the south and refuses to go home! LOL!) BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

belfert

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2007, 06:30:36 PM »

Personally, I would schedule far away from other rallys.  Not everyone is retired and can spend two weekends in a row at rallys.  This seemed to be part of the reason last year was not well attended.

I was suprised you would be spending money on concrete pads with an interstate possibly coming through, but it sounds like the pads won't cost much if concrete is free.  Have they set a schedule for building I-69 yet?  Have they even finalized the routing yet?

My trip the week after next may get cancelled so I might have some time to get to your rally yet if you don't schedule on top of my other big trip.
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2007, 07:58:19 PM »

Personally, I would schedule far away from other rallys.  Not everyone is retired and can spend two weekends in a row at rallys.  This seemed to be part of the reason last year was not well attended.

Well the biggest competitors last yr WILL BE HERE PUT'N IT ON! LOL! And actually I think the terrible weather was the biggest reason! But I ain't actually planning it this yr, just try'n to help drag out the lurkers to get Dallas 'n Cat some Ideas!

Quote from: belfert
I was suprised you would be spending money on concrete pads with an interstate possibly coming through, but it sounds like the pads won't cost much if concrete is free.  Have they set a schedule for building I-69 yet?  Have they even finalized the routing yet?

Not really planning to spend $ on the pads themselves just the wiring, water & air lines( I plan to use the pads when they are not being used by guests! as I'm gonna put them in the field across the drive from the shop straight out from thr front porch of the house past where the maintained yard ends!). Besides it's gonna be awhile B-4 the HWY comes thru, as they haven't bought the properties yet! Yes we have seen the exact plans they intend to use and yes the Shop is still corner to corner gonna be from shoulder to shoulder in the Northbound lanes and 1/2 the house from corner to corner is gonna be in the Southbond lanes. No schedule yet !

Quote from: belfert
My trip the week after next may get cancelled so I might have some time to get to your rally yet if you don't schedule on top of my other big trip.

AS I said I'm gonna leave it up to Dallas. Cat and the attendees to set the dates! If you remember I almost wasn't here at all for last yrs, and I did have to leave and haul the football team as it was on the stormy nasty Friday Night! BK Grin

That brings up another excellent reason y'all should attend! You'll be able to say I partied on I-69 in TN before anyone else!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 08:03:48 PM by Busted Knuckle » Logged

www.kylakesidetravel.net

white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2007, 08:08:21 PM »

There's an Escapade in September, 9-16th i think.  i know most of you may not care or know about Escapees, but there are quite a few full-timers and part-timers that are Escapees and may be in the area with their buses.  The Escapade is in Goshen, IN this year.  We have to pull in and set up our sales booth on the 7th.

so not too long after that may be a good time to have the TN rally.

Also, last year was the GLCC Salvage rally around the same time in October which i did go to and this year it's in July so no interference for a fall TN rally.  Last year i really had high hopes of makin it to the TN rally and didn't.  this year, i really have high hopes of makin it to the TN rally if you were to have it.

We've been lookin at property down SW of Nashville around Decaterville, so we want to get to know potential neighbors better (BK?).

i think i'll stay out of the pointer/sitter discussion.  i'm too newbie to get into a seasoned bus nut group discussion. Grin

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Dallas

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2007, 01:48:40 PM »

OK Ladies and Gentlemen, Here's the deal:

Cat and I should pull in to BK's sometime thursday or friday of this week. That would be 8/2/07 or 8/3/07 or 02-Aug-07 or 03-Aug-07 just to give you some idea.

We'll be heading down through Rome, Ga. with a side trip to see Charlie Beatenbo and then on up through Huntsville, Al., Florence, Al. and Jackson Tn.

If anyone wants us to stop along the way for a cup of coffee or a cold beverage, let us know and we'll see if we can get together.

Now the big question:

Who has a likelihood of showing up in Union City for the Fall Rally, and what would you be interested in doing while there?

Remember, Union City isn't far from some of the very best fishing in the Kentucky - Tennessee region, (Land Between the Lakes), you also aren't far from Memphis, where some of the very best music in the world comes from along with a whole bunch of good eatin'. and oh, yeah, you can stop to say hi to Elvis along the way.

East of Union City there is Nashville, if you are of a Country Persuasion, and also Loretta Lynns Ranch.

West of Union City there is Branson, Mo. along with some historical places like Cairo, Illinois where the Mississippi and the Ohio come together.

Since these places are all so close, you would have a great excuse to stop by the rally for a couple of days on your way to visit elsewhere. Heck, it would even be a great reason to pull the kids out of school for a few days to give them some real lessons in the history of our great country.
They could learn about the TVA, watersheds and river traffic, the recent difficulties between the Northern and Southern states, river transportation, music, how a working charter bus company does it's job, American Indian tribes of the area, ( I know there are a lot of burial sites in Kentucky and Southern Indiana), plus a whole bunch more things I haven't mentioned.

So come on guys, let me know what you would like and we'll see if we can fit it into the rally.

So far we know that there will be good food, great fellowship and maybe even some good music, if someone can sing or play.

I'll have my guitar there, but please don't let that hold you back...
superpickle

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2007, 02:35:02 PM »

IF, Im on the
Road by then, I should be in Arkansas. Mountain Home to be precise.
I would LOVE to come ans Show Off my new ... What ever I get  Grin hehehe

its only a Hop Scip and a Jump from there to Tennesee (spelling)

All depends on Selling this place off by then.. HuhHuh

Paul....

Support Global Warming:
Drive an SUV.
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2007, 03:19:20 PM »

Quote from: superpickle
I should be in Arkansas. Mountain Home to be precise.
I would LOVE to come ans Show Off my new ... What ever I get  Grin hehehe

its only a Hop Scip and a Jump from there to Tennesee (spelling)

All depends on Selling this place off by then.. HuhHuh

Paul....             

Paul you are right AR is only a hop, skip, & a jump from TN! But it'd be a couple hops, several skips and a long jump! As Mountain Home is on the West border of AR and I'm 45 mins east of AR! LOL! By the way yes I know where Mtn Home is! (I used to live on top of the Mtn up in Rudy, AR just S. of Mtn Home!)
But don't let that long jump stop ya from com'n we'd love for you and everyone else to make it!

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2007, 03:37:46 PM »

By the way Dallas you missed a couple of secret places we'll inform them about later! And one not so secret place TUNICA ! Of course Caruthersville, and Metroplois are closer but limited to 1 casino each! But there are many much better places to throw your $ away than a casino (my place comes to mind! LOL!), but I know some people enjoy them so I thought I'd mention them! Also at this time we don't have anything on the charter schedule at this time (that can change quickly), so We could take a group tour over to LBL (land between the lakes) and run up or down the Natches Trace (I know of great eating places at both ends of the part we'd run! {imagine that huh?})! Or we could take a trip over to Lambert's Cafe in Sikeston (actually Miner), MO which is the original one! For those who don't know about Lambert's it is "the home of the throwed rolls!"  www.throwedrolls.com/sikeston.html Awesome place (I know I was just there with a group yesterday!) an anyone that leaves there hungry, it's they own fault! Not only do they throw rolls, but someone follows around offering apple butter or sorgrum mollasses for them! And they also go 'round pass'n out fried okra, blackeyed peas, macaroni & tomatoes, fried taters, and some other "pass arounds"! Be a great place to have Sunday brunch (right before they get hit by the church crowd!)!
FWIW Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2007, 06:03:38 PM »

BK, after reading your post along with Dallas' about things to do, I'd sign up if I weren't already going to be there.  I am most definitely looking forward to it and am hoping lots of nuts, er. busnuts show up!  Cat

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: