Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 20, 2014, 07:07:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: clocking the driveline yokes on allison 730  (Read 726 times)
tucsontattoo

1962 4106

Ignore
« on: June 29, 2007, 07:29:29 PM »

wondering if anyone knows offhand how the driveline yokes should be oreinted with the 730 Allison in a v-drive arangement. 12 /6 and 12/6 (same plane ) or 12/6 and 9/3 ( 90 degrees apart). Tom C. told me what was correct a while back but I have slept since then.
 Any help would be great

Thanks and Hi everybody         T.T.

we do things three ways,good,fast or cheap. PICK TWO!
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 07:39:53 PM »

Hey Tucson,
Wish I had a clue as to which it is, but when it comes to the V's I'm clueless! But I wanted to say HI! Been along time since I seen any posts from ya! Good luck, and happy buss'n ! BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Dallas

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 07:47:55 PM »

Cap ends should be in the same plane (12/6).
If you have a welded tube, (one with a seam on the inside), the cap ends go 90 to that.

Make very certain that the ends are aligned exactly or you'll find yourself with a nasty vibration and go through a lot of U-joints.

IHTH

Dallas
tucsontattoo

1962 4106

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 10:52:09 PM »

Thank for the help guys, will let you know what I find. Gotta a shake back there somewhere.
 Been to busy to be on here much BK. will post more soon. Big doins with the bus maybe I'll get some pictures.

Thanks again Dallas,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TT

we do things three ways,good,fast or cheap. PICK TWO!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: