Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 24, 2014, 01:26:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Texas Bus Roundup 2007  (Read 5977 times)
Dreamscape

« on: July 02, 2007, 05:14:18 PM »

Greetings All,

Here are the details of the upcoming event.

1801 N Mill St.
                 Lewisville TX 75057

When: September 13-16, 2007

I called this morning, this is the information that was given to me.

You must make your own reservation, either online at http://www.recreation.gov/tx/Hickory_Creek/Campground/r/campgroundDetails.do?agency=NRRS&parkId=1200
or call 877-444-6777 between the hours of 10 am -12 pm Monday thru Friday. You must reserve and pay for your own spot. The following sites are available as of this morning, 105 (Dreamscape), 106, 107 (Rancutter), 108 (Frank & Kat), 109 (Christy Hicks), 110, 111, 112, 113, 114 (Luvrbus), 117, 119 (Chuck), 120, 121, 122, 123 and 124 (Randy Davidson). They will not hold any spots without payment in full.

That is enough for 18 coaches, so far we have 16 that have showed interest.

Please read the link for Hickory Campground and see the details for the group area and each site.

This must be done as soon as possible to insure that we get the sites we want. I just completed my reservation. Send me an email confirming your registration along with site number.

Any questions, please get in touch with me by email.

Good Luck and Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 06:35:46 AM by Dreamscape » Logged
Runcutter

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 09:27:18 AM »

Space 107 for the 4107.  It's close enough that we'll have to take the long way to get the engine up to temperature, but that's fine.  It looks more and more like this'll be the shakedown trip.

Arthur

Arthur Gaudet    Carrollton (Dallas area) Texas 
1968 PD-4107

Working in the bus industry provides us a great opportunity - to be of service to others
Dreamscape

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 01:54:21 AM »

To All,

Most of you have done a great job in letting me know which site you took. This is just a reminder to those who have not done so. Better to book now then have to choose a site far away from the group area.

I am encouraged that I am still receiving emails from folk that will put those dates on their calendar. The list keeps growing and growing. As soon as I get a more completed list I will forward a list of names along with type of coach that will be attending.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
Dreamscape

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 11:04:50 AM »

I got word this morning that the campground is closed until Aug 3rd. Hopfully that means it will be ready for us in September, that is if it doesn't rain so much to cause more flooding. Cry

Paul
rdbishop

'68 MCI-7 892T, 740 Richard & Missy - Texas

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 07:06:12 PM »

Paul,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Have you heard anything more about the campground? Are there anymore spaces left.  the wife and I would like to attend. Do you have a different place to go if this does't work out.

Thanks.

Richard
Dreamscape

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 07:16:43 PM »

Richard,

According to the web site for Hickory Creek, all the group sites are taken. That does not mean other sites are not available. You would need to confirm that on their website. The last information I received has not changed, park reopens on Aug 3rd. If for some reason the park is closed during the time we requested, another area is being looked at by another busnut. I will keep you informed of any changes.
Looking forward to any and all that can attend!

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
dwbruner

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 11:58:24 AM »

Richard,

As of today the website shows campsites #110, 111, 113 and 117 are available for Sept 13-16 (3 nights).  For some reason if you inquire about group sites availability for those dates it shows none available. Huh  However, if you select these specific sites by number they are showing available for Sept 13-16 (3 nights). Smiley

Even if the remaining 4 group sites are taken there should be other campsites available....just not in the group site area.

Hope to see you there! Grin
Darrin

Darrin Bruner
1985 Eagle Model 10
Dreamscape

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 05:23:13 AM »

To All,

We are about one month away from having the first ever Texas Bus Roundup 2007!

So far we have approx. 25 coaches attending, along with the owners of course!

Pray for continued dry weather so the campground will dry out!

If you have not made your reservations, please do so!

It should be lots of fun, good ole fashioned Bus Nut get together!

Very low key, lots of time to share ideas, view coaches, talk over problems, concerns, personal touches that have been done recently.

Come One, Come All to the Texas Bus Roundup this early fall!

Any questions or concerns please contact myself or Darrin.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
Dreamscape

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 05:06:27 PM »

Greetings to All,

Arthur (Runcutter) checked on the campground and forwarded the following information. The Campground is scheduled to open on September 5, 2007. The lake is steadily going down, and with the current conditions it should improve even more.
He will keep me informed of any changes. He also will be sending me, or posting here, good driving directions on how to get there without missing turns. These will be available as soon as he can check it out more accurately.

With that said, I am optimistic that the first Texas Bus Roundup will go as planned. Keep your fingers and toes crossed.  Wink

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
goodnews

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 07:27:33 AM »

Paul,
Dallas Farnsworth told me about your rally in Lewisville and I have tried to find complete information on it but have been unable to do so. Probably don't know how to navigate this board well enough yet as this is my first look at it. Registered today and am learning.

I live in East Texas and am interested in attending the rally but need further informantion about fees, programing and such. I saw that the campground is closed temporarily. I will try to contact the people there today.

If there is a posted e-mail or something about the full schedule of the event, I would appreciate directions to locating it.

Thanks,

Clifford Neal
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2007, 07:41:12 AM »

Cliff, welcome aboard. I feel you will like most of what you see here.

For the get together information, scroll down to the very first post in this topic. All the information is listed there.
Richard

Paul,
Dallas Farnsworth told me about your rally in Lewisville and I have tried to find complete information on it but have been unable to do so. Probably don't know how to navigate this board well enough yet as this is my first look at it. Registered today and am learning.

I live in East Texas and am interested in attending the rally but need further informantion about fees, programing and such. I saw that the campground is closed temporarily. I will try to contact the people there today.

If there is a posted e-mail or something about the full schedule of the event, I would appreciate directions to locating it.

Thanks,

Clifford Neal

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
dwbruner

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 12:17:23 PM »

Greetings All,

Here are the details of the upcoming event.

1801 N Mill St.
                 Lewisville TX 75057

When: September 13-16, 2007

I called this morning, this is the information that was given to me.

You must make your own reservation, either online at http://http://www.recreation.gov/tx/Hickory_Creek/Campground/r/campgroundDetails.do?agency=NRRS&parkId=1200
or call 877-444-6777 between the hours of 10 am -12 pm Monday thru Friday. You must reserve and pay for your own spot. The following sites are available as of this morning, 105 (Dreamscape), 106, 107 (Rancutter), 108 (Frank & Kat), 109 (Christy Hicks), 110, 111, 112, 113, 114 (Luvrbus), 117, 119 (Chuck), 120, 121, 122, 123 and 124 (Randy Davidson). They will not hold any spots without payment in full.

That is enough for 18 coaches, so far we have 16 that have showed interest.

Please read the link for Hickory Campground and see the details for the group area and each site.

This must be done as soon as possible to insure that we get the sites we want. I just completed my reservation. Send me an email confirming your registration along with site number.

Any questions, please get in touch with me by email.

Good Luck and Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape

Clifford,

The above quote from Paul gives the details of the Texas Bus Roundup 2007.  I just checked the Hickory Creek website and campsites #110, 111, 113 and 117 are still available in the Group Campsite area.  If you check the Group Sites it indicates there are none available for Sept 13-16.  However, if you check the campsites individually these 4 campsites are available.

I am helping Paul coordinate this event, so let me know if you have further questions I can help you with.

Also, what kind of bus do you have?  Pictures too if possible.

Hope to meet ya in a few weeks, Grin
Darrin Bruner

Darrin Bruner
1985 Eagle Model 10
Dreamscape

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2007, 02:57:22 PM »

Welcome Clifford,

First, Welcome to the Board and our little world.

I hope you are able to register with Hickory Creek Campground soon. This is not a formal Rally with registration fees, hopefully this get together will be a fun time for all. As Darrin said, the information is listed at the beginning of this post. If you require further information email myself or Darrin, although everything is posted here. Just bring yourself, spouse (significant other), coach and plenty of down home Texas friendship. Meals are on your own, we just request that on the evening meals, could be of potluck variety.

My personal email is paul_lawry@yahoo.com. Please send me any personal information such as bus model and year, location and how to best reach you.

Looking forward to meeting you and having some fun bus talk.

Regards,

Paul
goodnews

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2007, 11:34:23 AM »

Thanks for the added information. I have registered in space 110 and am hoping to be able to clear my schedule for all 4 days in Lewisville.
Look forward to meeting with you guys. Clifford
dwbruner

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2007, 09:13:36 PM »

Excellent news Clifford! Grin  Where are you located in east Texas?  What type of bus do you have?

See ya in Lewisville,
Darrin

Darrin Bruner
1985 Eagle Model 10
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: