Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 10:11:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Texas Bus Roundup 2007  (Read 5639 times)
rdbishop

'68 MCI-7 892T, 740 Richard & Missy - Texas

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2007, 06:39:11 AM »

Darrin or Paul,

I was just woundering what site no.#'s some of the other nuts have taken. Wanted to see if any were in our area. You said you would let us know. It's getting closer......

Richard
Dreamscape

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2007, 07:17:40 AM »

Richard,

So far I have had eleven responses to what site each bus nut is in, including you. None of which is in your area, but that may not be accurate. I wouldn't worry about it, there will probably be overflow in your direction.

To All attending,

If you have not sent me your site number please do so. Just for general information for the group attending.

Hopefully if this is successful next year will be better organized. Going through some bumps along the way as this is the first one. I already have ideas on how to make this easier to keep track of.

The response has been great, not at all expected.

Thanks,

Paul
Dreamscape

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2007, 10:19:05 AM »

TEXAS BUS ROUNDUP SCHEDULE 2007

Place:   Hickory Creek
             1801 N Mill Street
              Lewisville TX 75057-1821
Date:    September 13-16, 2007

or             
               Darrin Bruner 214-676-8378

Remember this gathering is informal, no schedule is set in stone yet. These are just some ideas. If there is something else that you would like to include, please let me know. This is really a time for us to get together, meet and make new friends and brag about (not a bad thing to do you know) what we have done. Also maybe tell us what problems you had, how it was solved or changed.
Lunches at 12 noon Friday and Saturday Will Be Potluck-BYOFAB(Bring your own food and beverage)
Thursday: Arrive and set up. Food, hamburgers and hot dogs. Look for the smoking bar-b-que.  Lend a hand if you can. Someone may need help backing up or hooking up.
7 pm: Campfire gathering, greeting and introductions.

Friday: Anyone wanting to show their coach, talk about what was done that you are satisfied /not satisfied with. Remember, it does not have to be finished. Sometimes we can gather information from others as they  are in the building stage. Who knows, maybe before a mistake is made, they might change their thinking before it is too late.
Saturday: This might be a day to spend more time focusing on a certain project you might need help with. Or, if you donít want to do that, relax and have fun telling lies.
Sunday: Break camp, head for home
A few thoughts. After arriving home and you have had time to get back to reality, take a couple of minutes and shoot me an email telling me what you liked/disliked, leave alone/ change, anything that you could give feedback on if this is to be a yearly function.
My original idea was very limited in what to do, frankly have not had the opportunity to go to any bus rallyís yet. So Iím just shooting from the hip on this one. From what I have heard they are more structured and some with classes. I donít know if that is what you want.
Without all of you that have shown interest in this gathering of Bus Nuts in Texas, it would not have happened.
Who knows maybe there will be a TEXAS BUS ROUNDUP 2008!

Happy Trails,
Paul Lawry
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 10:54:41 PM by Dreamscape » Logged
Dallas

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2007, 11:17:00 AM »

Paul,

You might want to mention the round up on some of the Yahoo boards. I'm sure there are more that would love to see some buses.

Just a thought.

Dallas
Dreamscape

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2007, 11:23:14 AM »

Dallas,

Great idea, had not thought of that!

I just figured everyone belonged to this one!

Thanks,

Paul
dwbruner

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2007, 11:50:49 AM »

or             
               Darrin Bruner 214-676-8378

Quick correction to my phone number.

Thanks,
Darrin

Darrin Bruner
1985 Eagle Model 10
dwbruner

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2007, 06:44:46 PM »

TBR 2007 Busnuts,

I stopped by Hickory Creek today and got the same news from the campground manager....not opening until Sept 28 or 29. 

Sonnie Gray checked on 4 campgrounds at Lake Texoma today.  Unfortunately 3 are closed, but the 4th park is open and has space available for Sept 13-16.  The campground is Eisenhower State Park in Denison, TX on Lake Texoma.  Sonnie drove through the park today and reports that it should work for the big rigs and TBR 2007.  Fee is approx $17-18/nt.  For more info call 903-465-1956 or call Sonnie direct at 903-815-2141(yes Sonnie gave me permission to post his phone # Wink )  There are also plenty of fishing guides if you want to do some Striper fishin'.

Another park in the area is Texas Sundown Ranch just north of Sanger, TX.  It is not located on a lake, but is very RV rally friendly.  They have a 9-hole golf course if you want to play "pasture pool". Grin   Plenty of room for big rigs and the fee is $17.50/nt.  It is not as scenic as Eisenhower State Park, but is another possibility for TBR 2007.  For more info call 888-450-1290.

Not familiar with Loyd Park in Grand Prairie, TX.  I know it is on Joe Pool Lake, has 221 campsites, they have group camp areas(10 sites), $15/nt + $10/nt for additional vehicles(so $25/nt for bus & toad), campground is no longer flooded(never closed even during the heavy rains) and is run by the City of Grand Prairie.  To get more reservation info or to make reservations we need to call 817-467-2104 M-F 8am-4pm.

I will be talking with Paul about which direction to steer TBR 2007.....stay tuned! Smiley

Darrin

Darrin Bruner
1985 Eagle Model 10
dwbruner

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2007, 12:31:41 AM »

TBR 2007 Busnuts,

First, a HUGE "Thank You" to Sonnie Gray for doing extra legwork to track down a new site on such short notice! Grin

With that said, the TBR 2007 will take place at the Eisenhower State Park on Lake Texoma close to Denison, TX! Cool  Sonnie helped us secure the Cedar Hollow Group camping area at a fee of $15/nt with no in/out fees (normally $3/day per person).  These campsites have 30amp Elec & Water.  No sewage at the sites, but there are dump stations in the park.  We will also have free use of the pavilion in the group area (normally $50/day) which includes built-in grills for doing a little BBQ. Cheesy 

To eliminate mass confusion trying to figure out the online or phone reservation system....Sonnie has graciously booked and paid for the Cedar Hollow Group area.  We have space for up to 37 buses/RV's in the group area (at last count we were expecting 25-30 buses Undecided ).  So no need to make reservations through the park system, but please confirm with Paul & I via this board or email that you will be attending the TBR 2007 on Sept 13-16.

Now Sonnie is a super nice guy Grin, but he would like to be reimbursed.....so please be prepared to pay Sonnie your $45 fee ($15/nt x 3) when you arrive at the park.  Otherwise we may find out what "Don't Mess With Texas" really means!!! Shocked

Here is the park address & directions:
Eisenhower State Park
50 Park Rd 20
Denison TX 75020-4878

From Dallas: Take Hwy 75 North to Denison. Continue on Hwy 75 for 5 miles. Take Texas Hwy 91(exit 72) to FM 1310, turn West for 2 miles to the park.

Despite the last minute switch-a-roo we are very excited about getting as many fellow Busnuts together as possible for the Texas Bus Roundup 2007!  I have attached an updated park map specifying the Cedar Hollow Group area.  Let me know if you have any questions/concerns that I can help you with and we will see y'all soon! Grin

Darrin

Darrin Bruner
1985 Eagle Model 10
dwbruner

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2007, 08:15:28 AM »

Texas Bus Roundup 2007 UPDATE:

Although we don't have a formal schedule with seminars, demonstrations, etc. for TBR 2007, I have listed below a quick glance at the activities planned so far:

Thursday - 9/13/07
   * Arrive at Eisenhower State Park
   * Find a spot in the Cedar Hollow Group camping area
   * Pick up your free "Goodie Bag" from Darrin Bruner or Paul Lawry
   * Pay Sonnie Gray for your camping fee ($15/nt x 3 nts = $45)
   * Supper - Hamburger & Hot Dog cookout @ 6:30 pm (donations accepted)

Friday - 9/14/07
   * Breakfast (on your own)
   * Busnut story telling, bus touring & best practice sharing - ALL day event  Cool
   * Lunch (on your own)
   * Supper - Texas BBQ @ 6:30 pm (donations accepted)

Saturday - 9/15/07
   * Busnut story telling, bus touring & best practice sharing - ALL day event  Cool
   * Scrapbooking party for the ladies - Time TBD
   * Lunch (on your own)
   * Supper (on your own)
   * Dessert social - bring your favorite dessert to share....cookies, cakes, pies, homemade ice cream, etc.  Grin
   * Door Prize drawing....feel lucky??  Wink

Sunday - 9/16/07
   * Busnut story telling, bus touring & best practice sharing - until departure  Cool
   * Lunch (on your own)
   * Departure from Eisenhower State Park (CHECK OUT TIME IS 2:00 PM)

I am looking forward to meeting all the attendees of TBR 2007 next week!!!  Let me know if there is anything you need help with.....call me at 214-676-8378.

Be safe traveling and see ya next week,
Darrin

Darrin Bruner
1985 Eagle Model 10
Dreamscape

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2007, 05:29:17 AM »

Hello to All,

Well only four days to the big event in The Lone Star State, Texas Bus Roundup 2007.  Cool

I am so excited that it has finally arrived. Barring any unforeseen happenings from Mother Nature we will have a good time anyway!  Wink

If anyone has not responded to Darrin or myself regarding attendance please do so right away. We would like a head count for the BBQ on Thursday evening and the BBQ Smoker on Friday evening. Friday is Dessert night so bring some goodies to share with us hungry Bus Nuts!  Grin

Some thoughts regarding daily events, (sharing stories and telling lies). If you have a problem that you want to share please feel free to do so, a project that you have completed that you feel would be of interest, or questions about anything regarding your bus conversion. I know there will be some very experienced Bus Nuts there to help out or answer questions. This is of course for guys and gals! If the gals wish to do something on your own there will be some scrap booking and quilting to share. My wife (Becky) has been very busy making several quilts for upcoming events and holidays, she is more than willing to share her experiences and willing to learn from others. So there will be something for everyone.  Smiley

Looking forward to meeting everyone, some for the first time.

Happy Trails and please have a safe trip,

Paul

Dreamscape

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: