Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 18, 2014, 04:49:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Incinolet electric toilets  (Read 3848 times)
Moof

« on: May 14, 2006, 04:08:47 PM »

I am starting to lay out my plans for converting a 1982 MC9.  One thing I am considering is using the Incinolet electric toilet.  I like the idea of doing away with the black tank, and for only 1800 watts I can do it.  The price isn't too bad either.

Has anyone had any experience with, or heard good/horror stories about these toilets?

Thanks

Dave T.
Sojourner

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 08:49:29 PM »

A quote from link at bottom about odor “They claim that as long as the catalyst is replenished, which needs to be done only infrequently, there is no odor.” Unquote

And about electric cost quote “Nevertheless, the comments ranged from "very costly" to "estimate of $10 - $12 per month for 3 people" unquote…Humm…add that to overall operation cost
Remember this report from stationary home uses…non motorhome that have to run fuel burning piston engine generator…which mean cost of kwh is at least 3 times higher than source from power utility…this is before our fuel gas or diesel gone up.

1500 watts burner is 14 amps of power which is equivalent to heavy duty ½ hp motor running air compressor.

Anyway you look at it…there always some odor (not strong) in motorhome. Been in home had one.
Plus it take 45 minutes as per Incinolet Electric Company per flush…so if anyone else went right after been use…then it will take more than 45 minutes to completely burn up.

Beside…cost of special paper liner is an added cost.

Put on door a collection-box for minimum fee…LOL

You still need water tank to wash & shower…now dirty water need to go some where.

Unless you’re going out of range of sewer hook-up places such as boondocks plus away from anyone near by due to odor incase bad catalyst and no waste tank….go for it if you want to spend more money

Apparently there not much market demand because it said they are only one to manufacturing it. Another word not everyone’s choice. That should tell us something.

http://www.irbs.com/lists/trawlerworld/0210/0638.html

It your choice to choose.

It good that you are inquirer about it before you spend $$$$.$$ into it.

FWIW

Sojourn for Christ, Jerry
Dave B

91 Prevost Liberty

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 10:57:49 PM »

I bought a used Incinolet electric toilet a few years ago for a mountaintop TV transmitter site.  There were no other options because there was no water and the ground was all rock.  It is a lot better than what was up there before (a bush) and there is plenty of power to run it.  It does have some odor and is probably so old that it never had a catalyst.  As Sojourner so correctly points out, it takes a long time to "flush" and they are expensive to buy.  If someone forgets to use a liner it is hard to clean.

A few years after this one was installed I was at a military surplus facility and found two Incinolet units that ran on kerosene or Diesel that came out of an aircraft.  I thought that this would be really neat for another transmitter site, me being a Diesel freak and all, and had the crew install one of them.  For some reason this one wasn't as well received and hasn't been used much.  The last time I was there boxes were stacked on and around it.  Maybe they were concerned about being seated on an exploding potty???

Dave
82 Eagle 10
Pullman, WA
Moof

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 03:30:36 PM »

Thank you both for your reply.  I sure liked the thought of not having a black tank.  Our water would go further, but this doesn't appear to be the way to go.

I also had a concern with the odor inside the bathroom.  I worried that without the water to cover the diffusing bolus that it might get a bit unbearable inside while taking care of business.

Well I guess it is on to the next problem.  Thanks for the information.

Dave T.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: