Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 22, 2014, 02:27:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My latest bus project...  (Read 2817 times)
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2007, 06:00:24 AM »

Craig -
Is your coach by chance an ex-hound?

Yes, it is an ex-hound.

Reason I ask is that they're the only one's I've seen with that quarter-circle storage rack in the front bay next to the aux fuel tank. 

Guess what they used to store there. . .

Oil?

Nice job on the toolbox slider, too.
 Wink

Thanks.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Brian Diehl

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2007, 06:09:08 AM »

Looks great Craig.

Nice to see you're back on the job.  :-)  What's next?
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2007, 06:11:06 AM »

Looks great Craig.

Nice to see you're back on the job.  :-)  What's next?

Already done the next item... installed the bathroom window yesterday, and cut some holes in the a/c duct in the bedroom  Smiley

I've mapped out my kitchen cabinets, and might start that when we get back from our summer trip.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

Dreamscape

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2007, 06:38:52 AM »

My wife also, she bought me a sander at Sears for Fathers Day. Pretty cool of her. She says what do want, my reply is stuff for the bus. Smiles and goes gets it.
Can't beat that!

Paul
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2007, 12:51:02 PM »

Looks good Craig but - if I do say so myself - mine is nicer (and bigger too).   Roll Eyes

I don't have any pictures to post to prove it though.  I do like the hanging bin idea - might have to steal that one.

And Grant, buying tools is the easiest sell possible.  I just tell her that I'm building this wonderful thing - bed, couch, bookshelf, whatever - that would cost us gazillions of dollars to buy but I can't quite finish it without a new bandsaw or power planer or cordless thing.  Works every time. 

« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 12:54:25 PM by bobofthenorth » Logged

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2007, 01:18:19 PM »

Looks good Craig but - if I do say so myself - mine is nicer (and bigger too).   Roll Eyes

I don't have any pictures to post to prove it though.  I do like the hanging bin idea - might have to steal that one.

Ok Bob, but now you have to put up (not shut up)  Wink  and get some photos posted. I want to redo my battery rack and am
still looking for ideas to support 250 plus pounds of batteries. I could probably adapt this idea, but there might be a better
way.

So, get cracking!!  Let's see your better and bigger slide.  Maybe this is the time you get to tell the wife you just can't finish your
bragging without a new digital camera!  Roll Eyes

craig

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2007, 09:17:02 PM »

Knuckle gave it away. . . that quarter-round shelf is where 'Hound stored the tire chains.

Seemed to be a good idea, but you should have heard the driver's bit*h about trying to pull them out w/o damaging passenger's luggage in the bin.

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Dallas

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2007, 03:21:44 AM »

Knuckle gave it away. . . that quarter-round shelf is where 'Hound stored the tire chains.

Seemed to be a good idea, but you should have heard the driver's bit*h about trying to pull them out w/o damaging passenger's luggage in the bin.

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

Russ,
I just can't imagine hound drivers worrying about damaging suit cases and packages. I have ridden a lot of buses over the years and it seems if the property wasn't damaged as it went in, it would be when it came out!  Grin

I would be more likely to believe the drivers were bittching from having to get the chains out at all! I know I would.
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2007, 06:46:40 AM »

Well, I can tell you there are no chains in this driver's round bin!  Cheesy

I may clean it out and put my oil up there.  I carry 6 gallons in a case. Not sure they'll fit up there,
but if they don't, at least it will get cleaned out. That bin seems to get neglected.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2007, 05:10:32 AM »

Craig,

Looking good!

Man, you really squeezed that box in there.......No wasted space for you.......

Nothing like a nice organized tool box when you need at o-dark thirty.... Shocked

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2007, 05:43:02 AM »

Nothing like a nice organized tool box when you need at o-dark thirty.... Shocked

Good point. I need to install some lights in the bays so I can see what's in there at o-dark thirty.  Cool

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

Buffalo SpaceShip

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2007, 09:38:42 AM »

Craig, nice box setup! I know you saw my tool setup at our mini-bus rally a few weeks ago, but for the back bay light I use a coil worklight I picked up on sale at Sears/ K-mart for about $15. I put a 13w CFL lamp in there (seems more bump-tolerant than a tungsten bulb, and uses a lot less watts when 'inverting'). I can pull the lamp anywhere around the back of the bus now or through the bay to the other side. It also has a 2-prong plug on it for low-wattage elec. items (7A or less, IIRC). You can see the worklight in the pic below.

So here's a pic of my tool-bay setup, folks. The toolbox is on some industrial slides. The file drawers are a Sterlite 4-drawer that houses workclothes, air tools/ parts, elec., plumbing, sealants, 12v drills, etc. There's a big trunk behind it (accessible from the other side) that houses my 1" impact, sockets, bottle jacks, hoses, tow chains, etc. Like Craig, I pretty much follow the "Boy Scout motto" when traveling. I'd rather not rely on others to get me back on the road... if I can help it.

Brian B.

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: