Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 30, 2014, 02:59:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Door Lock - What's the Best?...And How to Install?  (Read 7676 times)
Rich (Prevost)

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2006, 11:04:30 AM »

Thanks Jack - You know your my Hero.............I should have it on my E-mail short list, but I can't find it.

Rich
800-468-5287
Dallas

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2006, 11:44:43 AM »

Thanks Dallas.  Good luck with your Gathering,  hope ya'll have good weather and a great time. We hope to stop by and visit with ya'll in October.  Jack
Thanks Jack!
So far we already have 3-4104's, my 4103, A beautiful MC9 from North Florida, A Flx NewLook from Charlotte, NC. and of course the run of the mill S&S and SOB's.
Tomorrow is the unofficial start so the TV crews can get a look, and a few are suppose to come in then. Then from tomorrow night to friday night, I'll be parking people and figuring out what to do with them.
Dallas

Oh, and this is post #250.
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2006, 12:46:42 PM »

Richard,
   If you want to, go ahead and move the article to Tip & Tricks.  I will look through my files for a few more simple, short articles that would probably fit in that category. We have DR. appointments this AM and are going to the SE Cruisers rally this afternoon. I will work on this project when we get home on Sunday.  Jack

Will do. I am trying to clean up the Tips 'N Tricks board right now and will get your writeup in there in the near future. Boy does this take a lot of time to do!!!
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
busboy

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2006, 01:18:19 PM »

Well, I started this topic and now I have a twist.  The more I looked at my lock and doing some research on the net, I determined that I have a pretty good lock, its an Eberhard Slam Latch model 206, which is made for vehicle applications.  The problem with it is that someone has done some southern engineering to make the lock work like the old car door locks, with a keyed cylinder on the outside that pushes up or down on the rod that is attached to the lock button on the latch.  I'm thinking about trying to get this setup to work versus cutting stainless, etc.  If I can find a paddle handle that has a lock built into it where basically if it is locked it just spins around and if it is not it will turn the latch.  The rod coming out of the middle of the latch is square and I have paddle handles on both the inside and outside.  For inside locking, I would just use the "engineered" button, or if someone has a better idea let me know.
Happy Trails,
Brent
Ross

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2006, 04:28:52 PM »

If I can find a paddle handle that has a lock built into it where basically if it is locked it just spins around and if it is not it will turn the latch. 

Call Rich at IBP.  I'm sure he'll sell you just the outside door handle.  It has a built in lock and should connect up to your existing latch rod.  Look at Jacks article and photos and determine which parts you will need to retrofit your existing latch.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: