Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 12:11:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What type of air filter is best for 8v92?  (Read 914 times)
Dakell12

Ignore
« on: July 09, 2007, 04:33:07 PM »

See Subject. Thanks everyone. Also, links to websites to buy would be so helpful. I appreciate everyone's time...
luvrbus

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 05:05:18 PM »

Dakell12,i use the ECO filter on my Eagle with a 8v92 you need a filter that is rated for 1500 cfm the housing and filter are 1 unit on this type NAPA is a good source for this air filter
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 09:19:47 PM »

I know when I ran the 8V-92TA in my truck, I had the largest Donaldson that was made for trucks.  It had a 8" intake and 8" to the engine.  If you have a replaceable filter element, just get the replacement for it.  I highly recommend you do not use the sealed can air cleaners-why pay for that extra housing every time you replace just the filter element?  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
akroyaleagle

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 07:25:17 PM »

TomC gave you some good info.

Tell us the rest of the story. Is this on original equipment or has the bus been repowered? If it is OEM it should have come with the correct setup. If a re-power it may have something scabbed in.

If you have access to a Donaldson dealer pick their brains and their manuals. My setup needed 1600CFM. They will show you the books.

When I repowered I tried many truck filters and couldn't get rid of all the smoke. I repowered to 525HP. In Phoenix I went to Donaldson and the manager worked with me for several hours to design the filter and plumbing. I ended up with a professional installation and it works great! I installed it myself. If I had been smarter I would have saved myself a lot of money and frustration and did it right from the start instead of trying to patch together a bunch of junk from salvage yards.

Joe Laird
'78 Eagle
Huron, South Dakota
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: