Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 01, 2014, 11:26:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Year Eagle Is It?  (Read 702 times)
NJT5047

Ignore
« on: July 09, 2007, 07:10:30 PM »

Not being familiar with Eagles, this looked really different.  Saw this bus at Laurel Lakes Campground in Salemburg, NC. 
BIG front windshields and big headlights.   
Owner sez it's an '87 front end on a '73 coach. 
Whoever did the body work did a decent job.  Looks like it was built that way. Must have replaced the whole front from behind the doors. 
There were two Eagles nose to nose, but the camera fogged the other Eagle out...can't bring dig cams out into the heat without giving time to warm up!   Bummer!
The bus belongs to Mr. Simmons.
JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 07:30:55 PM »

Hi JR,

Yup, looks like a good job if thats a 87 nose clip...

Thanks
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
cody

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 08:08:39 AM »

It looks like a model 15 to me, I looked at a 15 before I bought my model 10 and the windshield were what I liked about the model 10, they didn't appear to be such a massive solar collector to me, I thought the model 15 windshields would draw in too much summer heat.
luvrbus

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 08:51:59 AM »

it is a 15 nose clip pretty common on a model 5 that has been made a 102in wide because the nose clips are 96in and will fit easy.The people i know that have done this are like Cody do not like the heat from the large windshields
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: