Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 02:52:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do we do with our TV's  (Read 2537 times)
Green-Hornet

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2007, 05:47:51 AM »

If you have cable or satellite you have nothing to worry about.

If you are on an antenna you will need a DT receiver or DT ready TV.

I have had a DT receiver for a couple of years and there is a ton of programming to view and half of its not even active yet.

If you only want a basic service with a HD signal its the way to go.

Remember, broadcasters can transmit 5 or more channels now in the same 6 MHz bandwidth.

Cliff

Note to self.....
purchase stock in a DT reciever company AND electronics recycling business before 2009!
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2007, 09:13:22 AM »

Finding a date to do the change over might be a little hard.
Lets see
 1 Super Bowl & Daytona  Jan
 2 PGA Golf starts  Feb
 3 NCAA Tournament  March
 4 The Masters  April
 5 Ky Derby  May
 6 US Open Golf & French open Tennis  June
 7 Summer Nationals in LawnMower racing  July  A gotta see event  & British Open Golf
 8 PGA golf & US Open Tennis  Aug
 9 US Open Tennis continued & NFL Football starts Sept
10 MLB Playoffs and World Series Oct
11 Thanksgiving football  Nov
12 NFL Playoffs  Dec

Gee I just don't see anywhere in there for them to implement this change. And I haven't even listed all the Bus Bashes, lol what will everyone do if they can't watch that one eyed monster. I am sure you all could find a lot more events that I have missed.

WVaNative

P.S. Lawnmower racing is a hoot  

Ya forgot NASCAR! YOU forgot NASCAR? Ya know NASCAR, where they go 'round n 'round? I can't believe YOU forgot NASCAR! Ooopps I forgot youse is a W. VA native an they don't do NASCAR in W. VA! LOL!

NOTE; I tried to delete this post and only have the next one , but I can't !
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 09:34:01 AM by Busted Knuckle » Logged

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2007, 09:28:02 AM »

Ok, when April 2009 comes and the analog signal ends and digital is the only game in town, what are we going to do with our TV's ?

The change was supposed to take effect Jan 09 but the broadcasters said, "no, no", it will mess up the Super Bowl."  Then it was changed to March and again they said, "no, no, it will mess up NCAA basketball tournament."   April was the date I last heard about.   Seems like it would be after the May sweeps month.  It may be deferred again.  Who knows?

David   

Uhhh, well ya could throw 'em under yer drive tires, and run over 'm until they are tiny bits and pieces! (oh but then again I just don't care for TV at all!)

Quote from: wvanative link
Lets see
 1 Super Bowl & Daytona  Jan
 2 PGA Golf starts  Feb
 3 NCAA Tournament  March
 4 The Masters  April
 5 Ky Derby  May
 6 US Open Golf & French open Tennis  June
 7 Summer Nationals in LawnMower racing  July  A gotta see event  & British Open Golf
 8 PGA golf & US Open Tennis  Aug
11 Thanksgiving football  Nov
12 NFL Playoffs  Dec

Gee I just don't see anywhere in there for them to implement this change. And I haven't even listed all the Bus Bashes, lol what will everyone do if they can't watch that one eyed monster. I am sure you all could find a lot more events that I have missed.

WVaNative

Ya forgot NASCAR! YOU forgot NASCAR? Ya know NASCAR, where they go 'round n 'round? I can't believe YOU forgot NASCAR! Ooopps I forgot youse is a W. VA native an they don't do NASCAR in W. VA! LOL!

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2007, 09:39:37 AM »

bk, i was looking for something more creative than that from you!

TV by itself is a huge waste of time.  they don't even have busnuts on TLC or Discover.  Now you are upset about bumper cars not being mentioned?

but since we are discussing it - we just bought 2 flat screen hdtv units and mounted them on the wall.  the holes we filled with things that had been stored in less convenient places.  actually, the pictures are better on the new TV's, but we don't have satellite TV. 

Just becuase i pay $100/month for Internet on the bus, does not mean i'll spring for another $100 to get 1000 channels.  i have a big screen to look at.  it's called a picture window.  thru it i can see more interesting wildlife than on animal planet. Wink

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2007, 09:50:25 AM »

Quote from: manasst
bk, i was looking for something more creative than that from you!

TV by itself is a huge waste of time.  they don't even have busnuts on TLC or Discover.  Now you are upset about bumper cars not being mentioned?

Just becuase i pay $100/month for Internet on the bus, does not mean i'll spring for another $100 to get 1000 channels.  i have a big screen to look at.  it's called a picture window.  thru it i can see more interesting wildlife than on animal planet. Wink

Sorry I guess I got carried away! Don't throw 'em under yer drive tires! Ya might get a flat tire that way! Bring 'em to the Bus Bash @ BK's and we'll put 'em in a huge pile and have a big ol' BONFIRE that'll chase all the mosquitoes away!!!

As for the bumper cars, I don't watch 'em on TV. But I know lots of other folks ahhh.. rednecks do! Personally I like to go see 'm live when I get the chance!!

Oh yeah as for the BIG SCREEN, you probably can see more wildlife just about everywhere ya look these days (especially the 2 legged ones!) LOL!

www.kylakesidetravel.net

wvanative

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2007, 11:43:54 AM »

Lets see
 1 Super Bowl & Daytona  Jan
 2 PGA Golf starts  Feb
 3 NCAA Tournament  March
 4 The Masters  April
 5 Ky Derby  May
 6 US Open Golf & French open Tennis  June
 7 Summer Nationals in LawnMower racing  July  A gotta see event  & British Open Golf
 8 PGA golf & US Open Tennis  Aug
11 Thanksgiving football  Nov
12 NFL Playoffs  Dec

WVaNative

NOTE; I tried to delete this post and only have the next one , but I can't !
BUSTEDKNUCKLE, slow down there boy, have you been forgetting your Prozac in the mornings LOL. Take a good look at the 1st line of my list. little feller, there you will see Supper Bowl & Daytona as in Daytona 500. Oh My God!!!! I can't believe you missed it, I know you probably read my list after a long days drive with a bus full of old people, while you were sitting in your hotel pool with your laptop sucking down a nice cold beer, and feeling tired and sleepy. Oh yeah as for not doing Nascar in WVa LOL. Those Nascar boys wouldn't last long with those miners trying to get home on those curvy mountainous roads where one little mistake would be the death of them. Those old hillbillies down there drive like they are in a Nascar race, but unlike the big boys of Nascar who drive around in circles with no obstacles coming back at them on the road and no cross traffic. 

BK, I still think your a great guy even if you missed it on my list. Oh sorry I didn't get down to see your dad when he broke down in Mattoon, IL. I was getting ready to go see him when we found out at the last sec my 14yr old had to be at a bb game. I would like to have meet him. 

WVaNative

Dean Hamilton Villa Grove, IL East Central IL. Near Champaign
Still Dreaming and planning
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2007, 12:18:44 PM »

Quote from: wvanative
BUSTEDKNUCKLE, slow down there boy, have you been forgetting your Prozac in the mornings LOL. Take a good look at the 1st line of my list. little feller, there you will see Supper Bowl & Daytona as in Daytona 500. Oh My God!!!! I can't believe you missed it, I know you probably read my list after a long days drive with a bus full of old people, while you were sitting in your hotel pool with your laptop sucking down a nice cold beer, and feeling tired and sleepy. Oh yeah as for not doing Nascar in WVa LOL. Those Nascar boys wouldn't last long with those miners trying to get home on those curvy mountainous roads where one little mistake would be the death of them. Those old hillbillies down there drive like they are in a Nascar race, but unlike the big boys of Nascar who drive around in circles with no obstacles coming back at them on the road and no cross traffic. 

BK, I still think your a great guy even if you missed it on my list. Oh sorry I didn't get down to see your dad when he broke down in Mattoon, IL. I was getting ready to go see him when we found out at the last sec my 14yr old had to be at a bb game. I would like to have meet him. 

WVaNative                       

Yeah I have to admit that I missed the Daytona part! (But ya did that on purpose hide'n it in there with that football thing!) It ain't like that's the only race of the year!
And Naw I been home more this (all) month, than I have the past 4 months together! No hotel pools, and well ya a few beers.
And no problem onmmeting Dad either he didn't make it up there the day we thought he was going to, he was 2 days later! (his excuse was,"You don't realize how hard it is to just take off from here when yer the only one here and the phones won't quit ringing and theres tons of stuff need'n done!"). HMMM sounds like he finally got a little taste of what I gop through when he an Ma are gone all the time! LOL! Oh well alls good! He did make it up there an did get the bus home, and now he's been gone a week, and coming in for a pitstop tonight (I gotta change his oil, and lube everything). Then they leave at midnight tomorrow headed to Daytona for a week, and when they get back to Memphis, thet reload to Dallas for a week!  (I'll teach him to complain about ME being gone forever!) Because when the get back from Texas they only have a few days before going to Milwaukee! (maybe I can find something for them to do between TX & WI! LOL!
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Dallas

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2007, 12:58:52 PM »

The reason they don't have Nascar in Wv is simple...

They'd have to put 24.5's on one side of the car and 13's on the other, then swap them out for the other side of the track. Otherwise all the fuel would leak out.

Besides, can Nascar climb hills?
WWJGD*>>>  oo(0)(0)oo  <<<WWJGD*>>>  oo(0)(0)oo<<<WWJGD*>>>  oo(0)(0)oo  <<<WWJGD*>>>  oo(0)(0)oo  <<<WWJGD*>>>  oo(0)(0)oo  <<<

*(What Would Jeff Gordon Do?)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 01:04:25 PM by Dallas » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: