Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 11:35:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: rub rail rubber seal  (Read 1289 times)
grantgoold

Ignore
« on: May 14, 2006, 08:53:48 AM »

Folks, I have the 9 with large alum rub rails. I have removed them all, painted them and now need to replace the rubber seal that goes on the top and bottom. Anyone have a vendor that sells the seals by the foot? MCI wants a bunch for each unit! I need over 100 feet to replace all seals. The rub rails sure look good. Grin.

Regards,

Grant

« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 05:53:55 PM by grantgoold » Logged

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 07:40:20 PM »

Rich at IBP (International Bus and Parts) sells the 1/4" (or thereabouts) slide in rubber seal for the beltline trim.   He probably would have the lower rub rail seals too.   
US Coach (Luke) could also supply. 
Best, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
Rich (Prevost)

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 11:04:06 AM »

I wondered who NJT5047 was? I should of been paying more attention JR.......I had been enjoying your post.......Thanks for the nice comment.

Rich
800-468-5287
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 08:42:02 PM »

I wondered who NJT5047 was? I should of been paying more attention JR.......I had been enjoying your post.......Thanks for the nice comment.
Rich   800-468-5287 

Hi Rich!  Reckon I should call the bus something else a little more recognizeable?   White Knuckle Express comes to mind....or "Rent-a-Wreck"   We'll see.  By calling it the original ID supplied by NJT I figured that I might find someone that drove the thing one day.  However, they may wish to forget that period of their life.  I got almost all of my trim installed.   Nothing holding me up but doing it. 
Rich, how far is Timmonsville from your Florida digs?  Looks like about 30 coaches have committed in some form. Looks like may be a nice get-together.  I'm going to meet Cat.  She seems very nice.  We'll probably play a little music too. 
That's what we do.    I just want some of that dead pig!  Love such vittles! 
Well, I'm trying to add a pix of an Eagle that is being built by an old hotrodder.  And he's done a magnificent job so far.  The interior is just beyond rational.  Absolutely beautiful.   Unit has two slides,  Smooooth outside in prime.  This thing will be slick when painted.   Got custom front bumper   Guys name is Phil Wood (I hope) and he resides in the area between Atlanta and Augusta.  This would be an excellent item to publish in the MAK Coach of the Month.   Interior is pretty complete.....this is a must see.
I'll try to post a couple pix.  The bus can be ID'd by the loss of the tags, frenced tail lights and custom headlights.    Exhaust stack out the top of the coach as is the air intake.
I'll try to post  a pix tomorrow night.  Getting ready for Dallas' Pig-Out!  Got a little rain and it's all dirty again.
Cheers, JR
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 08:44:35 PM by NJT5047 » Logged

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: