Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 20, 2014, 04:13:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Short notice bus-nut gathering in UP-State SC for July 21 & 22, 2007  (Read 6275 times)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« on: July 11, 2007, 07:00:33 PM »

Hey Y'all, all this talk of Cat & Dallas and Paula & Jack visiting our little piece of heaven got me to thinking - why not make a 'formal' invite for all who want to stop by. There is a nice campground near Table Rock that has 148 (20 foot wide) full hook-up sites (30 & 50 amp). Most are pull thru.

Palmetto Cove RV Park
521 Table Rock Road
Cleveland, SC 29635

A link to their brochure:

http://palmettocove.com/?download=Cove%20Brochure.pdf

$18/night

There is a requirement that you must be fully self contained as there are no campground showers.

I've checked with the park management & all are welcome. The shelter & dining hall is available.

I'll be there with my wife & kids.  Cheesy
NCBob will be there with the lovely Jackie.  Cool  Grin

Anyone else interested?

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
4104GA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 08:04:05 PM »

Hi Kyle
We would be interested in attending this little bash.  Keep us informed
Sam

Enjoy your ride
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 05:44:09 AM »

Kyle,
   I have not heard back from Gary LaLombard (he is camping this week with his grandkids), but hopefully he will jopin us also.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 06:08:42 AM »

I cant imagine Gary passing up this opportunity  Grin
It's close enough for a day trip for sure!

As for those that don't want to camp, admission is free! If I can get a decent head count, I can bring BBQ for $5.00 per plate We can do this Saturday evening or Sunday Noon or both.

Or we could do burgers & hotdogs.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Dallas

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 07:05:14 AM »

O, It's a red letter day!

I just heard back from my financial advisor and she tells me that yes, we can go.

Happy Happy Joy Joy. Happy Happy Joy Joy!

I think we're gonna stay at Jon and Mandy's for at least one night, that is if they can put up with us.

Cat can't wait to see the kids and Ernie, Our grey and white kitty is Really looking forward to seeing Chewie again!  Wink

I hope the adult beverages are being chilled, even as we speak!

Dallas

uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 07:20:03 AM »

Kyle

Wilma and i are planning on coming down on sunday.

Uncle Ned
"huggy Bear"

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 08:11:42 AM »

Hi Kyle
We would be interested in attending this little bash.  Keep us informed
Sam

Hey Sam! How are y'all? It will be GREAT to see you again!

Looking forward to meeting more busnutbuddies too!

If anyone's interested, you can arrive earlier & stay as long as you wish, 7th day is free.

Dallas, I'm sure you will be welcomed by that newbeemc9 feller.  Grin

buddydawg

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 08:50:37 AM »

I wish my bus was road ready.  I would be there!  Although it is mighty tempting to ride up and meet some fellow bus nuts anyway.

1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA
Dallas

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 09:56:23 AM »

I wish my bus was road ready.  I would be there!  Although it is mighty tempting to ride up and meet some fellow bus nuts anyway.

Ya don't have to have a bus to show up.

After all, Gary LaBombards claim to fame is that hs bus has been up on blocks for what seems like at least 10 years!  Wink

By the time he gets done rebuilding the undercarriage he'll be able to have his granddaughter drive it around for him 'cause he'll be too old to remember what a steering wheel is.

Gary.... if your reading this, I was only funnin'!

We hope you can make it. Then you'll see some real conversions. Not like mine, but realy real ones!

Dallas
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 05:36:43 PM »

I'n not about to let lack of a running bus deter me!  Grin

BTW, Dallas, your bus is as REAL as they get! The $$$$$$$ marathons don't impress me.  Grin

buddydawg

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 06:44:05 PM »

My bus is running.  It is just stripped to the bone and I am not 100% certain how road worthy it is since I just bought it a month ago.  I googled Palmetto Cove and it is only about 120 miles from where the bus is.  Now if it were only about half that distance, I would drive it over so everyone could inform me of my insanity!  I just may take the notion to drive up and meet some folks and definitely check out the merchandise.

1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Dallas

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 07:26:49 PM »

My bus is running.  It is just stripped to the bone and I am not 100% certain how road worthy it is since I just bought it a month ago.  I googled Palmetto Cove and it is only about 120 miles from where the bus is.  Now if it were only about half that distance, I would drive it over so everyone could inform me of my insanity!  I just may take the notion to drive up and meet some folks and definitely check out the merchandise.

buddydawg,
if it runs, and the distance were only half the 128 then you could drive it 64 miles
Just drive it 64 miles twice
That way, once you make it the first 64, you can decide whether to take it the other 64 or go back 64.

After all, the longest journey starts with the first step!

Have fun, and ride up on a bicycle if you want, we'll be glad to meet you anyway.

Dallas
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 07:54:55 PM »

Buddydawg what better way to make a shake down run? Than to drive it like Dallas said about an hour and stop look things over, and either go back, or  go on the other hour and meet a bunch of nuts and new friends who will be glad to take time to show you lots of things about your bus! Drive it,use it, enjoy it as you build it!

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Dallas

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2007, 03:05:41 AM »

Buddydawg what better way to make a shake down run? Than to drive it like Dallas said about an hour and stop look things over, and either go back, or  go on the other hour and meet a bunch of nuts and new friends who will be glad to take time to show you lots of things about your bus! Drive it,use it, enjoy it as you build it!

Yeah, It's kinda like the busnut who decided to swim across the English Channel.... He swam half way across and got tired so he swam back!  Undecided Kiss
buddydawg

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2007, 06:38:04 AM »

If I decide to bring the bus you can check out my modern systems.  We'll start with wastewater tank & toilet. 

1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: