Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 23, 2014, 10:17:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Short notice bus-nut gathering in UP-State SC for July 21 & 22, 2007  (Read 6052 times)
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2007, 10:06:20 AM »

***with those who were able bringing their favorite sides & snacks to share, others chipped in what they felt was appropriate. I thought we'd do the same.***

Comments & suggestions are welcome.

maybe a couple of our North Eastern Neighbors would mosey on down with a few cases of fresh Maine Lobster.

Hey, you asked for suggestions!  Grin

>
>
http://www.freerangefish.com/
They pack 'em for travel anywhere in the U.S.A.  Grin

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2007, 11:18:29 AM »

If you can make it, please let me know so I can let the park know how many spots & we can park together! Also a head count will make planning the BBQ & hamburgers & etc.

Kyle, 
   Put us down for 1 bus and  2 people (& 2 cats).  Are you going to the park on Friday or Saturday AM?  Jack

Hi Jack, I'm going Friday after work. Mom & Dad (Sarah & Fred Brandt) are planning on being there around 3pm Friday.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2007, 11:27:35 AM »

Kyle, we are looking forward to seeing you.  I was hoping your parents would be there. Can't wait to give your dad a hard time about that "awful" camper he has.  He and I had a good time teasing each other at the Oct rally.  We will be there on Friday.  Sounds like a pretty good group of us will be available for the "mine is bigger, better, lying contest".  Cat

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
Dallas

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2007, 12:46:42 PM »

LOL  He didn't think the board being shut down for two days was very funny  Grin

I saw this post before you edited it.

And we're holding you to being there!

And remember.... two of the moderators will be present.... it's not nice to mess with moderators!
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2007, 12:53:47 PM »

Hi Jack, I'm going Friday after work. Mom & Dad (Sarah & Fred Brandt) are planning on being there around 3pm Friday

Kyle,
   We will plan to arrive on Friday.  We will stay Sunday night and leave from there on Monday AM, when we leave for Alabama.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
buddydawg

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2007, 12:56:01 PM »

Busted! Looks like we are going for sure now.

1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2007, 01:01:24 PM »

Blackmail, badgering, whatever it takes to get to meet all the bus nuts.  As for the board being down.  Sorry, just couldn't resist!!  Dallas gave me his sick humor.  LOL   Cat

buddydawg

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2007, 02:30:50 PM »

Sick humor...hmmm....looks like we will fit right in.

1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Dallas

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2007, 02:48:46 PM »

She forgot extortion and pandering.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2007, 05:56:47 AM »

It's looking looks there's almost a dozen family units showing up so far  Grin

It's gonna be FUN. Don't miss it.

Life is short, attend a busnut rally first, & then dessert.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 06:04:31 AM by kyle4501 » Logged

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2007, 10:44:19 AM »

Wow, that's kewl.  See how easy it is to start an impromptu rally?  When they are fairly small, they are easy to get going.  I am really looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones.  Kyle, maybe your dad can get some of his air stream friends to come and see how a real rally is done.  Lots of talking and fun!!  Everyone come on over, with or without your bus.  This is one of the neatest ways to get ideas, learn and hear more bussin lies than you ever thought you could hear. If ya have extra bus parts, why not bring 'em and see if someone else can use them?  Everyone be safe!!  Cat

NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2007, 03:22:34 PM »

Jackie & I took a ride over to Palmetto Cove RV Park today (Sunday) and were real impressed.  We should be honored that the Brandt family has invited all of us to share their little secret.

The primary reason for our going was to be sure that those of you who wish to follow us back over to Gods' part of western NC might have the easiest drive possible. It's sort of a six of one-half a dozen of another as far as milage is concerned but we clocked it off in the Toad at about 100 miles from Table Rock State Park to Franklin and all good highways.

One thing we might mention is that the minor items like fuel and ice aren't going to be readily available in the immediate area so you might look to that before leaving your area.  Pickens/Greenville is about a 20 minute drive in a car but not that handy in a bus.

For Dallas and Ned, and anyone else who'd like to come to Franklin and points west on Monday, we're planning on going south on SC8 to SC11 (a short run) and pick up SC76 near Westminister and go to Clayton, GA.  There we'll take US441 north right to our RV Park here just south of Franklin. Total run of just short of 100 miles and no big mountains for Dallas little engine to climb.  (hehehe)

I've invited some friends who will drive over on Saturday (I think) who some of you have met. Tom Panozzo from Sylva, NC.  Ned and his Dad and Tom and I shared lunch one pleasant day and Jack met him in FL when he took Jack's bowling alley bench top down, and Kyle met him a while back over apple pie and coffee.  You never can tell where another BusNut will come from........

If I can be of help contact me at (828) 371-8535 or if you need money....... call Kyle.

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2007, 03:32:11 PM »

Bob, you forgot to give us Kyles phone phone number.  He says it's BR549 but that's mine so it can't be his also. 

JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2007, 05:21:37 PM »

Bob,
    When I talked to you on the phone, I didn't realize that you were talking about leaving the campground on Monday, I thought you were talking about leaving Franklin tomorrow to go to the campground.  Please check to see it they can handle our 40' MCI.  Following you back sounds good.  Lookin' forward to seein' everyone.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
buddydawg

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2007, 05:40:46 PM »

Alright, count us in for the short bus, i mean the short notice bus-nut gathering.  Attending will be me, my wife and one of our good friends.  We've been going over the bus this weekend to get it as road ready as possible and I think it is a go.  We are going to come up on Saturday morning.  Just let me know what I need to do, bring etc...  This will be my first trip with the bus so I'm a newbie to this campground stuff.

1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: